Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@mermadelove I'm leaving for a 4 day weekend of camping in a few weeks and I hate packing last minute. My traincase is already packed to the point of over flowing, my toiletries bag is filled, I'm only about halfway done packing my clothes and my duffel is stuffed😂 My boyfriend is watching me sort things and he's like 'you don't need this' 'you don't need that' domestic he know the struggles of a girl?!🙄😂

Always @StephaniLynn!  I've never packed light for anything. I should've been a Boy Scout because I'm always prepared - any weather, any accidental spill - I'm covered!

@jozkid my boyfriend questioned my need for sweat pants on a camping trip, my reasoning, what if a cold front blows in? I have an excuse for everything lol!

i don't want to flood the feedback thread anymore than it is, so i'm gonna ask this here: is anyone else having trouble writing reviews ? it sends me to a page to sign me in but once i submit my password, nothing happens ? (i'm on chrome and haven't tried another browser, cache/cookies has been cleared recently)

@jemly I can only write the reviews when I'm using a desk top. The site doesn't give me an option to write review on any other device even though I'm signed in to my account. I don't encounter any problem on desk top though.

This is odd, but sometimes I'm vindicated when professional makeup artists apply makeup badly on me. Yeah, Nars MUA, it's tricky applying concealer on me. It's somehow going to crease and look dry/powdery. Thank you for owning up to how bad it looked and trying to fix it (although the fix didn't really work), because I've definitely had MUAs just go about the rest of the makeover and leave me with gross looking concealer that I'm embarrassed to be seen in. I appreciate it when MUAs admit they made a mistake and try to fix it. (Also, I figure I'm doing them a public service by having them practice on my horrible undereye circles instead of on perfect-skinned models. I'm basically as important as a practice patient a medical student sees in that regard. 😉 )

i don't know where to post this so i'll post it here. if you have problems with dehydrated skin and therefore find your makeup often sinks into your pores, the new(ish) CLINIQUE moisture surge supercharged concentrate serum fixes this. i haven't had this happen since i started using this in my a.m. routine. (i use it under my moisturizer, which is how i recommend all use it). hooray !

love it when my Sephora packages ship via UPS!!! the UPS...

love it when my Sephora packages ship via UPS!!! the UPS drivers actually drop my packages off next to the front door under the porch roof, while OnTrac throws it into the front yard, behind the bushes, and left out in the pouring rain.

Ahhhh you guys! I got a big ole box of Sephora gratis today! I got a strange message from UPS saying I got a delivery from Sephora and I thought maybe I had done some late night shopping I had forgotten about. But nope! A beautiful box of makeup to play with and test out!

I'll make a thread for it if someone else hasn't already but I just wanted to quickly say thank you and that I am PSYCHED to dig into this stuff! Wonderful brands like Bite, RMS, Ilia, Lilah b... I'm on cloud 9. 😌

Yay!!!! Congrats!   @starsandbucks

starsandbucks wrote:

Ahhhh you guys! I got a big ole box of Sephora gratis today! I got a strange message from UPS saying I got a delivery from Sephora and I thought maybe I had done some late night shopping I had forgotten about. But nope! A beautiful box of makeup to play with and test out!

I'll make a thread for it if someone else hasn't already but I just wanted to quickly say thank you and that I am PSYCHED to dig into this stuff! Wonderful brands like Bite, RMS, Ilia, Lilah b... I'm on cloud 9. 😌

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Ahhh [comma] so awesome!!

Congrats @starsandbucks so happy for you! Can't wait to see the products.

@starsandbucks That's awesome! I'm very curious to hear when you think of the products. I was just browsing some of the new brands like lilah b....

Boys.

what-is-this-thing-its-a-beauty-its-for-blender-14930992

LOL!   @ShannonAlexis  So true!  🙂

ShannonAlexis wrote:

Boys.

what-is-this-thing-its-a-beauty-its-for-blender-14930992

yesterday, a boy says to me: "wait....what is mascara ? i don't even know. is that the same type of face thing as blush ?". he wasn't even being coy in that annoying dude way-- he's very secure in his masculinity.

i don't expect people who aren't into makeup to know much about it at all. i just didn't know you could escape the basics which are constantly floating around in the periphery (may it be advertisements or girlfriends or whatever). 

i was amused.

andysassoon.jpg

I'm laughing really hard at this for some reason

@malday

sassoon.jpg

My thought is not really random, but I wanted to say it. Sorry @jemly that this is a bit of a fuss post.

On collaborations and sponsorship.

I understand the value of collaborations, and I appreciate the idea.  There are TONS of visible people on social media (YouTube, IG, whatever else ...) that a brand can choose amongst many.  Many people with a ton of following.  Or even more so, some people with a good following but who clearly deserve a bunch more (I use the word deserve loosely.  You know what I mean),

Since there is so much choice, who a brand chooses to partner with tells me a lot about the brand.  

I have dropped a couple of brands that made a couple of nice products.  In fact, I am dropping another soon (won't repurchase).  Of all the people they could feature, they have picked complete idiots.  

I often see people write that they only care about the product.  Like the sordidness of the people behind it doesn't touch us.  In an era of such glorious brands and small boutique lines, it behooves us to make that distinction.  We are not captive to a brand.....really.

Some brands' collaboration seem pedestrian and underwhelming. I won't buy the product, but it doesn't mean I drop the brand.  And then some brands will collaborate with such obnoxious people that I wonder if I gave the brand more credit initially than it deserves.  What a let down.

Now I'm really curious as to what brand you're dropping and who the collaborator is ... PM me! 😄

2 Replies
testing