Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

lately i've been wearing personal color-changing (pH) lip balm and lip plumping gloss. WHAT YEAR IS THIS ? 2004 ??!! WHAT IS HAPPENING !!!!!!!!

LOL, god, remember that Smashbox stuff? @jemly

OMG, they still make it! Now I definitely think I fell into a wormhole to 2004. I remember getting a DS of this in one of my first Sephora orders. http://www.sephora.com/o-gloss-intuitive-lip-gloss-with-goji-berry-c-complex-P202004?skuId=1057959&i...

Finally off the waiting list for Boxycharm!!! Wooo hoooo!!!

That feeling when you regret your impulse buys and end up returning them. The little voice of reason is always right. 

When I ordered rms beauty Signature Set Mod Collection, there weren't any reviews on sephora site. I received it today and was a bit shocked to see how small it is (I have really small hands). The packaging feels cheap considering the price. Now I am scared to try it, especially when one of the reviews indicated that the consistency was not on par with the regular line.  I am trying to decide whether to keep it or return it untouched. Oh I hate returning stuffs. IMG_6650.JPG.jpegIMG_6650.JPG.jpeg

@Babypeachist your picture is so clear and gives me urges to jam my grubby fingers in those creams!  

@heartsmyface The little selfie ring light for iPhones comes handy! I was too lazy to bust out my heavy duty gears;)

One of the one million reasons why I am proud to be a Canadian! We are such an inclusive community! 

I want to share this ticket Canada Post released to celebrate Muslim Eids, It is such a great gesture at this time of trial when there is so much misunderstanding, it warms my heart ❤️ 🇨🇦❤️

IMG_6953.JPG

Floating the river tomorrow. Picked up some spf 100 today, I think we're ready😂

My Deciem (The Ordinary) order of their foundation FINALLY shipped after almost a month! Sooo excited!! Now the hard part is actually knowing and waiting through the weekend. 😌

that's sooo exciting! been wanting to try since they were in production. definitely let us know how it works out 🙂

Will do @katgoulding and @fatimamummy

Let us know how it performs once you get it @Anewxa !

The feeling when....you finally find a foundation that actually matches!!!!  😮

My whole makeup wearing life I've been told that I have yellow undertones (I was even once told I had yellow tones because I'm a dark brunette, and only blondes and redheads have pink undertones!)  I just assumed the yellowishness was supposed was intentional.

Today I got matched to Nars Mont Blanc, which is actually a pink undertone foundation, and it blew my mind....the color is absolutely identical to my skintone!  It looked so good on me and absolutely natural.  So...I guess I have pink undertones 🙂  So excited to have this knowledge lol!  I'll probably actually wear foundation now

YES!  I absolutely know that feeling!!  I was recently matched to the soft matte concealer in Creme Brûlée which also has pink undertones and it DISAPPEARED into my skin while still neutralizing the redness I had intended to conceal in the first place.  I too have dark hair and was told my whole life that I have warm/yellow undertones and even Sephora's IQ told me I was a medium toned with yellowishness.  Anyways,  Nars Mont Blanc also looks super natural on me too!!! YAY! It just goes to show you that nothing beats an in person swatch and personal consultation with a MUA who is actually matching with her eyes instead of regurgitating a set of predetermined rules that was hammered into her brain.

I'm loving a new foundation but I've realized that the foundation (without anything added to it) is the opposite of what I look for in my ideal foundation 🙂

What I Look For:

- Light to low medium coverage

- Natural to dewy finish on the skin

- Matching my skin tone

This Foundation:

- High medium to full coverage

- Matte finish

- Matches my skin tone

I was finally convinced to try this foundation because it wouldn't break down under sweat and would match my skin tone. I'm now really glad that I did.

I don't know if there are any other NuFace users here, if so I haven't seen you! I read a tip the other day that made a 💡moment. Apparently you can use any water-based gel (not acid, not Retinoid) and the microcurrent will help push it more deeply into your skin. I tried it with the PTR Rose Stem Cell Mask and it was really nice! I had almost nothing left to rinse away.

While browsing TJ Maxx, I came across the simplehuman sensor mirror pro. I was a bit amazed to see it there. I was curious about the price... saw the $250 pricetag and walked away lol

They did have a few MJ, MUFE, Estee Edit, Too Faced and other brands. I should really stay away from TJ Maxx lol

Lol...but the original price is $250. I picked it up a while back when Neiman Marcus had a good sale--after accounting for cash back, it was just $130+tax. 

I meant to add that it's the "wide view" one, not the circle 8" XD

1 Reply
testing