Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@wheeeee no not yet, I haven't gotten into doing trades yet. I was thinking could go into a Sephora store and ask for some shade light enough to mix the too-dark one with.

Like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and It Cosmetics if that is in stores anywhere.

Yea!  You can do that, too. Sounds like a great idea to make your own custom color blend!

@gingerleigh I would recommend getting a white foundation mixer. I am very pale so very few foundations match me. My favorite is the Manic Panic Dreamtone. I don't find it to change the formula of the foundation. You can find it at Walmart, Amazon and Hot Topic.

NYX also has a white mixer, but I don't like that one. Its thick and changes the foundation formula.

Thank you, I always forget that I mean to try out some things like a white mixer. I didn't even know Manic Panic had one.

@ShannonAlexis

My friend just sent me this amazing Reductress story. Reductress is a satire site that focuses on women's issues, and it's always 100% hilarious.

Why My Children Will Not Inherit My Wealth of Sephora Points

"I’ve worked hard throughout my life to earn my Sephora points, and I feel proud they’re all mine and no one else’s. It takes a lot of self-discipline to order enough products over the course of 30 years that you save up enough points to buy out an entire store. And I want my children to learn that level of sacrifice and satisfaction the hard way. That’s why my children will not inherit my wealth of Sephora points.

"They need to learn that the world isn’t just a place where sample-sized mascaras get handed to you for free. They’re something you earn for free through buying so many other cosmetics you get rewarded with enough points to get other different smaller beauty products with even less product inside of them."

I highly suggest reading the whole thing:

Spoiler
http://reductress DOT COM /post/why-my-children-will-not-inherit-my-wealth-of-sephora-points/

Bwahahahaha

Oh I love Reductress! There headlines and articles are always so on point!

This is tooo perfect!!!!  

I texted the link to my daughter - she needs to understand the struggle - I mean, what kind of mother would I be if I let my kid grow up not realizing what a blessing it is to receive a one ounce bottle of Brazilian Bum Bum Cream "for no cost at all, except for the cost of $750 worth of Sephora goods purchased over the course of a year."

Dying!!!!!!

crying.gif

Stefon is king!!

What kind of world would this be if I let my child just inherit all my hard work and waste it away on bifacils makeup remover and bum bum cream! What type of mother would I be?!?!?!?!

LMAO! This made my day! Thanks @TKLJ

Why does every review talk about how good the Juicy Shakers smell? I have "Mint to Be," "Piece of Cake," and "Good Kara-mel." They all smell very artificial with an underlying chemical scent, very disappointing. Maybe other scents smell better.

I do love how they feel, they're actually a very good combination of oils for my lips, and the tint is buildable in layers. I actually really like "Piece of Cake" as a pouty nude on my pigmented lips. I didn't think it'd show up on me at all, after all the reviews and swatches.

Hmmm I bought Melimelon bc I heard that one smells like watermelon jolly ranchers. I should get it soon & update!

You weren't impressed with Mint to Be? I'm really curious about that one too.

@36524 @infamousp  I smelled all of them in store.  The only one I didn't find to be horrendously artificial and offensive was Meli Melon.  It's not my favorite color (I would have preferred a darker one), but it smells exactly like watermelon jolly ranchers.  Hopefully you like it, infamousp!

I aaaaalmost purchased "Meli Melon," but I thought it wouldn't do anything on dark lips. Deeerrn, I should go in some time and have a whiff.

I thought "Mint to Be" would be the easiest good smell because I really like the natural scent of mint, but this is a chemically sweet mint that I don't care for.

i think the bitter truth is....loads of people like artificial smells. which is fair enough.

I think you've got a point there. So many crazy candles and perfumes that I would never want to smell for an elongated period of time.

Going to try the Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 for my milia. I don't think I've ever not had milia . . .

I'm also going to try the Resist 1% Booster now that my skin has been pretty steadily balanced and regular. Always dealt with so much acne and cystic acne in hormonal areas of my face I didn't think I'd be able to ever work towards a clear face.

Oooo lmk how that works out for you. I have some on my cheeks so I'm trying the SR Luna/Good Genes combo... If it doesn't work, I'm trying microderm. 

Firstly, luuuuuv LSP. ohmahgawd

Secondly, I have Luna and like it, but I've got oily skin that can go oily/flaky. Personally, I've used up a good amount of my Luna, I just don't think my skin likes it as much as it likes vitamin C and antioxidant sheet masks. I do really like hyaluronic acid and fermented skincare to keep my face acidic. I also really like the Hada Labo Alpha Milk, which has retinol in it. 

Blah, anyway. I've just decided to go with the strong stuff since my undereyes always get milia and my skin is most affected by hormones. I'll definitely update, though, I've never tried any Paula's Choice before.

If you want these lumps... Smiley Very Happy

So Luna didn't help with your milia at all...? I have oily combo so I hope that doesn't make it less effective. I heard good things about the BHA but for texture on mature women. Good luck! 

1 Reply