Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I was at TJ Maxx and they had a big book I can't remember what it was called but it was a MAC book with a ton of gorgeous pictures. i wanted it so bad. 

@Samtian- Miles of MAC by James Gager and Miles Aldridge?

mac_milesofmac002.jpg

pic: Temptalia

@veronika23 Yeah that's the one thanks!

@Samtian  cool! You know what... some pictures in there are for collections that came out way after the book was released. IIRC some pics were for a collection that came out last year....

A little follow-up to my previous post about my microblading journey. 😛 I did it!! I had it done yesterday morning! I'm happy with the result, although I'm eager to see what it's like once they've healed. Right now they're very dark and I'm probably going to look a bit ridiculous at work this week. 😛

I don't know why (probably because I'm used to regular tattoos), but I expected the technician to use something like a tattoo gun. Not the case! The tool she used was like a tiny scalpel.

upload_379662537111963258.gif

It didn't hurt all that much (thanks numbing cream!), but I could hear each cut made to my skin. 😐 

Anyway, I'm glad I did it! 😄 I love the shape of them.

Yay!! Congrats on getting them done!! 

Some places do use something similar to a tattoo gun, but I was told that technique can be prone to gray/blue fading.

You're gonna love them once they fade to the color your picked! 

Yay!  So happy to hear you finally took the plunge and I can't wait to see the results!   @Asche

Thanks @Tamara76! I'm glad I finally did it too! 😄 

Yay! Do share the pics of your brows once they heal @Asche

I definitely will @fatimamummy! 🙂

@Asche yay!! i didn't think it hurt at all, and after my touch up appointment, i am so in love with mine! i really regret not doing it sooner- it made my life so much easier 🙂

I'm glad you're loving yours @unfungirl 😄 I can't wait to get through the healing process and see what they actually look like. 

@Asche they faded a lot after the first treatment, so the second time she used a darker, cooler dye and it was perfect! the healing is a bit annoying but SO worth it!

Good to know @unfungirl! I go back for my second session at the end of June. 🙂 I'm really looking forward to getting them all finished.

I am getting my sister microblading for her birthday in July. She has barely visible eyebrows and has been filling them in daily, and finally mentioned that she'd been thinking about microblading (something that she will never get once she knows the cost).

I am pretty excited for her to get it done! But yeah, I know she will be concerned at first until it fades down to its less intense look after healing.

I hope you love yours!

That is such a wonderful birthday gift @NotCrocker! The price certainly isn't cheap (it definitely made me hesitate), but my brows have been bothering me for ages and they are on my face afterall. Some things are definitely worth the splurge, and for me, this was one of them. 

I hope your sister is thrilled with the results! The technician reassured me countless times about the entire process because she didn't want me freaking out about the intensity. 😛 Right now it honestly just looks like I overdid it with the ABH Dipbrow, hahaha. I am so happy with the shape of them though. Once they heal, I think they'll look amazing. 🙂

I have so many deluxe sample foundations and stuff that are the wrong shade.

But I would really like to give some of them a real tryout so my idea is to go beg for some samples of the same products in shades light enough to mix them together and get the right shade? If possible. I am pretty pale.

@gingerleigh I would recommend getting a white foundation mixer. I am very pale so very few foundations match me. My favorite is the Manic Panic Dreamtone. I don't find it to change the formula of the foundation. You can find it at Walmart, Amazon and Hot Topic.

NYX also has a white mixer, but I don't like that one. Its thick and changes the foundation formula.

Thank you, I always forget that I mean to try out some things like a white mixer. I didn't even know Manic Panic had one.

@ShannonAlexis

Did you post this on Trades??  @gingerleigh

Yep, since Sephora stopped sending the selected samples......I also have random foundation foils showing up in my orders.

@wheeeee no not yet, I haven't gotten into doing trades yet. I was thinking could go into a Sephora store and ask for some shade light enough to mix the too-dark one with.

Like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and It Cosmetics if that is in stores anywhere.

1 Reply
testing