Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@mella900 Can you let us know how the pigment fades over time and your opinions long-term? I've seen so many incredible photos but I'm really curious about how it goes in the long-run.  I've been so, so tempted to do this but there are 2 things that have stopped me. I'm worried the color would fade unnaturally (leaving a blue/green or reddish tint) and I've heard that you aren't supposed to use Retin-A since it makes the results fade much faster.  

@kso1225 Of course! I will gladly post periodic updates. I am curious too. The general idea is that it lasts 1-2 years. Oily skin towards the 1 year and dry skin towards the 2 year spectrum (I'm oily/combo). Right now in person, I would say they're comparable to if I used ABH Granite to fill in my brows. The color I chose is a little darker than Ebony I think? I can't say from personal experience about fading, but my technician did mention that if you get them done using a machine, then that is what gives you the blue/gray color when they fade. I wasn't aware there were two different devices to do "microblading". My technician used a hand tool + pigment and only that. I don't know what the machine is called or what it looks like, but I think that's the one that makes a lot of noise. I saw reviews saying the process was so loud, but when I got to my appointment and she started, there was only the noise from the little blade on my skin (the blade she used was made up of little tiny prongs so when she was cutting they made little "ting" sounds). 

Yea, retin-a and in general exfoliating products will make it fade faster, before and in the beginning you should avoid applying above the eyebrows, but she said after they heal and all that it's fine to apply, just leave ~.5 inch perimeter 

Thank you @mella900 that's a really helpful response!  I can't wait to hear how it goes for you Smiley Happy They look great!  

Very nice @mella900

Olive Garden sent this to me and made me laugh.  hahahahahaha!

Just nooooooooo!!!!!!!!  

Grad Party: 101
Tie a ribbon around each breadstick to make "breadstick diplomas". A+ guaranteed.

I don't see 'diplomas.'  Just a breadstick tied with a bow!  (that should not be there!)

Highlighted

That is some serious reaching from Olive Garden. Haha amazing.

why stop there? I'm thinking spaghetti tassels Smiley Very Happy

hahahahahah!

I 100% came here for the breadsticks, although I thought they were hot dogs with ribbons from the thumbnail!! They look delicious.  

hahahaha!

When I go to the mall and stay until closing I pick up OG because I am starving! 

I only eat their cheese raviolis and these breadsticks are still delicious!  

Those breadsticks look fancy as fudge.

They're also mastering the "black tie" look bwahahaha!!!!!!

Yea!  Food Thread worthy!!!!! hahahah!  

I'd happily take a breadstick diploma...or 20 Smiley Happy

Unlimited soup & breadstick diplomas for all!  

Why did I read that as "soap"???

-_-

Only the freshly showered will be allowed to take home a breadstick diploma.

Image result for wash hands gif

I just had to muffle a laugh at my desk!

You can't be dirty graduate.

You gotta be fresh.

You gotta be clean.

Then you can stroll up to Olive Garden like this to get that breadstick diploma.

Image result for bruno mars dancing gif

This just slows you down on shoving a breadstick in your face. You gotta eat as many as possible! (And take the actual food you paid for home in a doggy bag.)

so i'm super stoked sephora is now carrying RMS beauty ! has anyone tried the master mixer ? it confuses me but it's still tempting me because i'm so pale i think i could even use it as a light blush / eyeshadow (just by itself). but not sure if it could work this way. would love some insight ! 

@jemly I have the master mixer.

it is same texture as the LL, if you are familiar with that.  It is potted, but a thinner texture than say a lip balm or cream blush.

On me, it is a bronzey gold shade that I can use for highlight, but on you it would be a rosegoldish blush I think.

exactly what i was looking to confirm. thanks mocha darling

Sorry for jumping in the middle . @Mochapj How you like Living Luminizer, does it work well for our complexion? It looks so light in the picture but then the description says it is translucent.

@fatimamummy I can use the LL for about half the year, when I'm pale.  

Once I start to show any sort of color, it looks kind of whitish and strange on me, but for winter it is nice.  I find it gives a similar effect to the balm from the pat McGrath highlighter stick.

Thanks @Mochapj , In that case may be for summer, I should consider getting master mixer instead.

@fatimamummy I can swatch both for you later if you'd like Smiley Wink