Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Unlimited soup & breadstick diplomas for all!  

Why did I read that as "soap"???

-_-

Only the freshly showered will be allowed to take home a breadstick diploma.

Image result for wash hands gif

I just had to muffle a laugh at my desk!

You can't be dirty graduate.

You gotta be fresh.

You gotta be clean.

Then you can stroll up to Olive Garden like this to get that breadstick diploma.

Image result for bruno mars dancing gif

Those breadsticks look fancy as fudge.

They're also mastering the "black tie" look bwahahaha!!!!!!

Yea!  Food Thread worthy!!!!! hahahah!  

I 100% came here for the breadsticks, although I thought they were hot dogs with ribbons from the thumbnail!! They look delicious.  

hahahaha!

When I go to the mall and stay until closing I pick up OG because I am starving! 

I only eat their cheese raviolis and these breadsticks are still delicious!  

why stop there? I'm thinking spaghetti tassels Smiley Very Happy

hahahahahah!

That is some serious reaching from Olive Garden. Haha amazing.

OOOOk! So I got my eyebrows micro bladed yesterday! @Insomniacmuffin I know you have been waiting for this hahah. I'm super pleased with the process and results. There is one area I already know I want to fix during my touch up, but its minor. I think I notice it more because I am obsessed with my brows being symmetrical. The people I've asked in person about how they match say they look symmetrical. Anyway, the point I'm talking about is the top of the arch of my left brow. It's more rounded/flatter/lower than the top of the arch on the right brow. This has always been the case with my natural brows, but I would try to fix when I filled them in instead of plucking the precious hairs. So I guess either add a few strokes to the top of the left brow, or hope the 1-2 strokes on the top of the right brow fade. The former is probably easier and more gauranteed. 

Let me know what you think about the arch thing!

Pics:

Spoiler
microblading process.jpg

Very nice @mella900

@mella900 Can you let us know how the pigment fades over time and your opinions long-term? I've seen so many incredible photos but I'm really curious about how it goes in the long-run.  I've been so, so tempted to do this but there are 2 things that have stopped me. I'm worried the color would fade unnaturally (leaving a blue/green or reddish tint) and I've heard that you aren't supposed to use Retin-A since it makes the results fade much faster.  

@kso1225 Of course! I will gladly post periodic updates. I am curious too. The general idea is that it lasts 1-2 years. Oily skin towards the 1 year and dry skin towards the 2 year spectrum (I'm oily/combo). Right now in person, I would say they're comparable to if I used ABH Granite to fill in my brows. The color I chose is a little darker than Ebony I think? I can't say from personal experience about fading, but my technician did mention that if you get them done using a machine, then that is what gives you the blue/gray color when they fade. I wasn't aware there were two different devices to do "microblading". My technician used a hand tool + pigment and only that. I don't know what the machine is called or what it looks like, but I think that's the one that makes a lot of noise. I saw reviews saying the process was so loud, but when I got to my appointment and she started, there was only the noise from the little blade on my skin (the blade she used was made up of little tiny prongs so when she was cutting they made little "ting" sounds). 

Yea, retin-a and in general exfoliating products will make it fade faster, before and in the beginning you should avoid applying above the eyebrows, but she said after they heal and all that it's fine to apply, just leave ~.5 inch perimeter 

Thank you @mella900 that's a really helpful response!  I can't wait to hear how it goes for you Smiley Happy They look great!  

They look great! I've seen videos on this but it looks painful. I bet it makes your morning routine much faster. @mella900

The arch is not that noticeable unless you are really looking for it. I agree with the comments below, try filling it in and see how that feel. Hopefully that will help you decided if you'll get the left side arched as well.

I don't wear makeup to work (I'm in a lab, nothing to see here ~.~) so on a daily basis it doesn't save me time, but it sure does make me think my face is more put together! I love the way my brows look filled in, so I wanted to have them look that way all the time Smiley Very Happy

Ya I'm gonna try that out, and also try to cover up the right side and see which I like better! @CRAZY4MASCARA

@mella900 You've got fabulous brows, before and after microblading! I think your technician did a bang spanking job. I've watched videos, and the results were more harsh. Your brows are totally natural still!

I also have a thing with symmetrical brows, but I can't achieve it all the time so I live with what I got. I agree with @Insomniacmuffin about doing a trial run. Your brows filled in vs. microbladed are quite different from what I can see. For example, your microbladed right brow has a higher arch that isn't so close to the tail. The slightly different shape may change how it'll appear if symmetrical, and we wouldn't want that to be permanent.

Try adding a defined arch to your left brow by filling it and check out the results! I like a defined arch, so I say sharpen out the left brow! But only if you're comfortable with it Smiley Wink

Aw thanks @Melissa136 ! That's nice to hear since it's been a long journey with my brows haha. That's what I liked about my technician, her gallery was composed of brows that looked very natural in shape and in "hair". I didn't want the "IG brow" thickness/style, but more closely to my natural brows. 

Ah! That's exactly what it is, it's farther away from the tail. I do prefer the arch the way it's filled in, and that also goes along with the hair I have. She placed these two strokes a liiitttle higher than my brow hair. Crazy how much of a difference that makes.

They're still in their dark phase/healing phase now so maybe if I get lucky the two strokes will fade or disappear. But if not, I will definitely dabble with the brow makeup!

Thank you for posting your results @mella900...your brows look great!  My family's been trying to convince me to get mine done but I've been on the fence.  Did it hurt much?