Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I love Sarah Anderson's Sarah's Scribbles cartoons! ^_^

I love them too! 😄

So true @ShannonAlexis That is what makes me post a look at BT on the days I'm feeling low 😉😂

Has anyone seen an advert on Youtube for "HiMirror". 

"It analyses your skin and provides the perfect skin index (to recommend a skincare routine)."

Apparently the deluxe set (if you order this week) will also iron your clothes and feed your dogs.  My prayers have been answered.  Have yours?

Man, I feel like this should be called "the mirror of disappointment" Nothing like getting ready for the day and having every flaw pointed out for you, lol

But can it give me magic beans @greenchilli? 😂🤣😅

@Mochapj

For a one time low price of $50, yes it will!!

The Tatcha website is finally working for me, and the Cherry Blossom collection still seems to be in stock. 

But, I've now had too much time to talk myself out of buying either the lipstick or the set.

I have to give Tatcha some credit.

They DMed me on IG apologizing for the website problems and offered to reserve a trio for me. I already got mine; I wanted to share this 411 with the squad in case they want one, but don't want to deal with the website. 

@sierrafallon

After spending 1.5 hours battling the Tatcha website, I finally was able to push through, place an order, and get confirmation for the Cherry Blossom Lip Trio. Fingers crossed it really went through, and won't get cancelled due to a website problem (allowed more orders than they have stock, possibly).

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 2.54.56 PM.png

I'm glad I was able to order this as well! I also have a shipping notification already m

It took forever.... but I was finally able to get this trio. It was freaking ridiculous to attempt to get this on and off for a little over 3 hours. 

Congrats to the other ladies who were able to get this!

Even a LE Kylie release goes smoother than this re-launch. 🙄 No one should be going through so many hoops!

I FINALLY got it too!!!! I've been refreshing since like 12:55 that was the WORST product launch I have ever been through. 

I opened up a bunch of tabs to refresh, occasionally one will load. I tried paypal check out and got through 3x but it kept erroring and timing out. I ended up using a credit card to get through to the last step and it worked! 

Btw tacha on IG said they would not include the pretty blue bag. They said they would include a "surprise bonus" instead. 

I got a hair cut yesterday. A few inches were cut to remove dry ends and my bangs got to a messier version of my old ones. 

But the highlight of yesterday:

I was in the drug store and a young man (probably a high school or university student) came up to me and commented that the NYX cheek palette I had in my had " really nice colours".

Me: Um, yeah. It does *puts down palette I wasn't gonna buy anyway*

Him: are looking for any colour in particular?

Me: No, just browsing *tries to turn the other way*

Him: oh, just browsing? Cool. *awkwardly stands beside me as I keep browsing*

He proceeded to offer his hand for a handshake, introduced himself and asked me my name. My professional auto-pilot kicked in so I shook his hand and told him my name. 

Me: uhhh. Do you work here?

him: no, just thought you were cute so thought I'd stop by to say hi. 

Me: oh, um...thanks *smiles and proceeds to move away and continue browsing*

awkward silence for a few seconds...

him: so...I was wondering...if you'd like to go have coffee sometime?

me: 😐 I'm married. *flashes and points to wedding set*

him: oh are you? *starts bolting past me* sorry...

I have NEVER seen anyone disappear so quickly in my life! While I found it incredibly flattering this guy 5-10 years younger than me found me "cute", I can't help but feel a bit creeped out, since he must have seen me as I walked into the store and followed me to the cosmetics section!

Must have been my hair cut. Maybe I look 10 years younger than I actually am 😄

DH found this less amusing than I did, especially after I asked him "so, you gonna ask me out for coffee or what????"

Before I used lipstick, I went through a couple tubes of Dior's Lip Glow in the original pink. I actually wore it on my wedding day underneath the lip maximize because it gave my lips a nice wash of colour!

I never even gave the newer colours a second look, but recently found myself reaching for coral lipsticks more. I really wanted a low-maintenance coral that would be easy to re-apply, the wear won't be too noticeable after eating.

I picked up the Coral lip glow and I'm loving it! It's not as orange as I wanted and definitely more of a bright coral pink, but the colour!! I think this will become my go-to on lazy days I don't feel like applying lipstick.

Why is it that when I'm at home my makeup looks fabulous, but when I'm out and about in the world and look at myself in the mirror it doesn't seem to look nearly as good? Anyone else? 😐

Image result for what is even real anymore

@Asche it's all about the lighting 😞 I spend about 9  hours in the office and it's almost always the first place I notice new bumps and blemishes on my face!! This harsh lighting just amplifies everything!!

On the flip side... this lighting is the best lighting for my pearl jewelry.. all my pieces look so pretty in the office. Go figure.

That's such a bummer. -__- All that time and effort to apply makeup each morning, and I end up looking less than stellar anyway thanks to the lighting. That is really interesting about the pearl jewelry though.

I know right?? That's about the ONLY thing that looks great in the office. My engagement ring always looks blah. My lipstick colour sometimes looks too stark for my face. Under eye circles are amplified...but pearls look amazing. It brings out the true body colour and shows off the iridescence too!

This is me almost 100% of the time. It doesn't help when my selfie skill is SUCK! 😞

3 Replies
testing