Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

oooh I should start some makeup brands.. I'll call them..

Shiseida

Anastasia Beverly Nill

Amore Pacifik

Bobby Browm

Chanelle

Two Faced

Ysed Saint Lauren

hmm.. I'll be a zillionaire!

I guess the difference with your examples is that 'taste' is an actual word, a pretty common one at that 😉 Having taste, being tasteful etc makes sense in a beauty/lifestyle context. 

This isn't a random thought so much as it's a confession..

Spoiler

For some reason EVERY time I get a private message I get this fluttery little feeling in my chest like..

"This is it.. I have been chosen.. chosen for GRATIS!"

It's not that I'm tragically bummed each time or anything, I just can't for the life of me figure out how I got that thought into my head..

Zero entitlement issue here, I don't think I'm due/owed it/my number is up, or any such nonsense.. and I am absolutely good and have more than I ever need anyway!!..  I just thought i'd share this weird brain-worm with you all. 

I once got this same random brain-worm in my head about a year ago where everytime Sephora would call me to confirm my make-over reservation I was CONVINCED that it was a call to tell me I'd won the $250 survey contest thing. 

(spoiler alert: I never won it hahahaha)

@Insomniacmuffin  funny I get a similar feeling expect it's a huge pit in my stomach because I'm thinking I'm getting yet another pm that tells me to go die 😄

This does explain your knack for digging up old threads 😄

🙁 that sounds like PTSD.  I still have the same thing happen (Stomach turning and heart racing) when I get calls from unknown numbers as a result of my stalker.  It sucks cause I now don't answer unknown numbers and could be missing out on actual good people.  

@heartsmyface  stalker? Oh I'm so sorry you have/had to deal with that 😞  

Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog is having a meetup. Deets from her IG (karenmbb):

If you're in the Bay Area, come get a makeover, an express skin treatment, enjoy refreshments and hang out with me at the MBB Meet Up at @spacenkusa in Larkspur // Saturday, May 6 // 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. // Marin Country Mart // 2011 Larkspur Landing Circle // Larkspur, CA 94939// (415) 419-5904 // Hope to see you there!

Of course, I'm a thousand miles away, but it sounds fun. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@TKLJ

Total bummer I'm out of town that day. I messaged her on IG about future dates and it's a possibility. 

@Anonymous I hope you're able to meet her in the future! She seems really cool and nice.

This sounds fun! I live in the Bay Area so Larkspur is only a drive away but these things are more fun for me when I have girlfriends to go with and all my girlfriends aren't makeup addicts like myself so I will have to pass 😞

Thanks for sharing @TKLJ!

Wondering if anyone else has bought the new duochrome stila glitters and noticed their bottle half empty? Bought sunset cove and sea siren during the sale and when they got here I noticed big air bubbles of missing space in sunset cove but no issues on the other hand with sea siren.

I think the VIB/ Rouge cards are back. I bought something in store today and the cashier asked for my Rouge card. I told her I didn't have one anymore, so she opened a drawer (full of cards) and gave me a new one! 😄 

Maybe it was a test run, and they realized it was a bad decision? That's what I like to think, and not that they actually decided to phase out the cards.

Oddly enough, the SAs still asked for my card when I went in store. Good thing I held on to that sucker!

I always thought their attempt to phase them out was foolish, the red card is part of the prestige (If given the option I'd rather have the card over the brush they're giving out this year)

I hated not having a card. They'd always ask for my e-mail address and then mess it up 10 times. It'd literally take them 10 minutes to find me in the system. -__- Scanning a card is a heck of a lot faster/easier.

@Asche

Where were U????

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Hello!

If we were chatting in pm's a month or 2 ago, please pm me! 

I was talking about sending you something and had a family tragedy. Please pm me! 

🙂

OOOOk! So I got my eyebrows micro bladed yesterday! @Insomniacmuffin I know you have been waiting for this hahah. I'm super pleased with the process and results. There is one area I already know I want to fix during my touch up, but its minor. I think I notice it more because I am obsessed with my brows being symmetrical. The people I've asked in person about how they match say they look symmetrical. Anyway, the point I'm talking about is the top of the arch of my left brow. It's more rounded/flatter/lower than the top of the arch on the right brow. This has always been the case with my natural brows, but I would try to fix when I filled them in instead of plucking the precious hairs. So I guess either add a few strokes to the top of the left brow, or hope the 1-2 strokes on the top of the right brow fade. The former is probably easier and more gauranteed. 

Let me know what you think about the arch thing!

Pics:

Spoiler
microblading process.jpg

Very nice @mella900

@mella900 Can you let us know how the pigment fades over time and your opinions long-term? I've seen so many incredible photos but I'm really curious about how it goes in the long-run.  I've been so, so tempted to do this but there are 2 things that have stopped me. I'm worried the color would fade unnaturally (leaving a blue/green or reddish tint) and I've heard that you aren't supposed to use Retin-A since it makes the results fade much faster.  

@kso1225 Of course! I will gladly post periodic updates. I am curious too. The general idea is that it lasts 1-2 years. Oily skin towards the 1 year and dry skin towards the 2 year spectrum (I'm oily/combo). Right now in person, I would say they're comparable to if I used ABH Granite to fill in my brows. The color I chose is a little darker than Ebony I think? I can't say from personal experience about fading, but my technician did mention that if you get them done using a machine, then that is what gives you the blue/gray color when they fade. I wasn't aware there were two different devices to do "microblading". My technician used a hand tool + pigment and only that. I don't know what the machine is called or what it looks like, but I think that's the one that makes a lot of noise. I saw reviews saying the process was so loud, but when I got to my appointment and she started, there was only the noise from the little blade on my skin (the blade she used was made up of little tiny prongs so when she was cutting they made little "ting" sounds). 

Yea, retin-a and in general exfoliating products will make it fade faster, before and in the beginning you should avoid applying above the eyebrows, but she said after they heal and all that it's fine to apply, just leave ~.5 inch perimeter 

testing