Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

They had some Gudetama candy on sale and i was very tempted to get it! 

The Holika Holika x Gudetama collection, I wanted everything!!

I have one of the blushes and it is so adorable. I love Gudetama and his bacon blanket 🙂

00000000.JPG@lisainprogress those are way cute!  I wouldn't be able to decide either.  Little Twin Stars were my fave growing up Heart

@ZombieMetroAnt

Little Twin Stars ❤️ I only wanted one (because of the price) but couldn't decide between the two and it didn't seem right to part them!

The Drunk Elephant Live Chat reminded me of something from last summer.

My man and I were bar hopping before stopping in at a little coffee shop. The past couple times I'd been there I'd gotten a drink called the Chocolate Elephant. I was fairly tipsy when I went to order the drink, and because I was aware of it, when I ordered my drink I asked for a "drunk elephant". My boyfriend, the barista, and even the girl in line beside me all cracked up laughing. I said something like "sorry, that's a skincare line..." but I don't think anyone believed me. XD

I may be totally off but I have noticed one particular brand has some of their people around the boards recently and post "randomly" where it feel more like advertising in some form to promote the brand.. not necessarily a bad thing but I wish they would mention it in their post that they may be affialiated in some way. 

This is starting the really drive me nuts, especially when two are posting at the same time. You'd think they'd stagger their "OMG I LOVE WANDER" posts a little bit. It's just so obvious lol.

ETA: And now we have four. 

@lmi82 Hopefully something can be done about this soon... It is getting pretty annoying and people who are new to BT won't know what they are up to with their similar "recommendations" 😒

Yeah, it really isn't fair to new BT members. 😞

You're not off at all, @Anewxa . I've noticed this some time ago, too. And, it just keeps going on. Brand reps should be clearly marked as such, and they should not use their personal accounts for pushing their brand/s. Or at least they should make it known they are affiliated with a brand when making posts. BTers are a smart bunch and don't tolerate these kind of shenanigans. All these "brand folks" should know this kind of behavior usually backfires. And big time.

It's really annoying, and makes me refuse to buy from them. *coughwandercough*

OMG yes @Anewxa!!! Drives me nuts! Just say you work for them... seriously!

Funny, @Anewxa I got the same impression.

Spoiler
Perhaps brands realized BT is a treasure trove of honest feedback,ideas, etc...but still, affiliated posts should be transparent.  Don't they know how smart members here are?  (myself not included)
0.JPG

Yup you're right about that @ZombieMetroAnt (oh yes you're included)..anywho they're just milking it now - enough already with the minions.

*insert minion gif here that I don't actually have* ..lol

Second random thought:

How does this brand NOT have Tarte up their flamingo in a lawsuit over the name..

TARTE .. .TASTE... one letter difference.

The first two times I read it I thought it was a Tarte product.

Capture.JPG

I totally want that flamingo...

B...because they're different words? And tarte doesn't sell flamingos? And taste doesn't sell rainforests of the sea? And it's not even Tarte Beauty, it's just Tarte. And the branding and fonts are different. 

I see what you're saying....1 letter difference.

also I want that flamingo cause its cute and mini

It IS adorbs! @mella900

"tarte" and "Taste Beauty" don't really seem similar to me...

Can't say I've confused the two...The flamingo is pretty cute.  

testing