Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

So I haven't been on BT for a bit now and thought I'd drop a 'wut up' lol =D

@jesscheems welcome back!  Where yooou beeeeeennnn? ❤️ xo.

Awe thanksss @kromance. Just been keeping busy and also it's helping my low-buy lol. ❤️ *hugs*

I randomly checked Tatcha website because they have this collection coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 12.10.23 AM.png

I checked today to see that the individual lipstick was available - currently sold out! 😞 I rather purchase the set anyways, but I didn't even see notification or a promo on their instagram! I've missed the other lipsticks - the red one is available, but I like the LE ones.

Ohhh that is so pretty!

@lisainprogress The lipstick went up yesterday afternoon.

someone on their social media team seems to have posted on IG in error that it was live on Saturday night but it wasn't and the post got deleted.

after I saw that I figured it was coming soon and kept checking yesterday. Hopefully they will post once the bag set goes live.

@Mochapj Thanks for the info!! 

I did sign up the email notification regarding the set, so hopefully I'll get a email about it.

On a different note:

Anyone else have that one item that they have wanted to buy FOREVER but is NEVER in stock?

For me it's the MUFE White Water base drops. They have never been in stock in like.. over a year. I want them so bad and for so long that I can't even remember what I wanted them for except now I just want them because they are so difficult to get....

*life problems*

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

Used to me with that exact item! Wanted it to lighten foundation (#palegirlproblems) but NYX came out with a water based white foundation mixer that was perfect.

Also, there was a Tarte blush in Energy, which was supposed to adjust to your perfect pink shade. It was listed on the site but not in stock of AGES. They only recently removed it from the site.

Anyone else feel that the huge volume of Sephora Collection items that are in the Sale Section really devalue the brand?

I wonder if it's because they're going through a repacking or revamping of formulas.  

So on Saturday, I impulsively made a microblading appointment for next Sunday. By impulsively, I mean making the appointment was impulsive, I had some liquid courage 😉 but I've been thinking about getting it done for a year. Now that I've made the appointment IM SO NERVOUS. 

Eeek I am so excited and envious @mella900

Please update up with your experience! I am going to treat myself to this for my birthday next year, can't wait!

@Insomniacmuffin I will definitely give updates if I don't get cold feet o_o. I guess the main things I'm worried about are pain and the healing process/maintenance. The place was having a promo going on for April too, $50 off. I'll be getting it done at luxeblading by Rachel. So that kind of tipped me over.

Anonymous Insider

Don't worry, I've seen many friends who got it done (brows, right?) it doesn't really hurt. I believe many use lidocaine cream as well??? As for healing, it is most likely you wouldn't even noticeably bleed. 

Finally picked up tarte shape tape concealer in fair. I'm so happy I was finally able to not just find a concealer that matched me by being pale enough, but a *good* concealer too. 

In similar note, I'm also happy color correcting has been a thing recently, and that brands have started coming out with light blue bases I can mix my foundation with to make pale enough and to match my undertones better. A particular thanks to NYX, which has my favorite.

It's a bad sign when you see this sign at the mall and gasp!...thinking "Wow, I didn't know this store carried Kat Von D?"

c1.JPG

Then slowly realize it's an Optometrist office!

Spoiler
11.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt,  That's so funny!  🙂

Lol 😂 

@ZombieMetroAnt😄 😄 😄

Anonymous Insider

I think we are in the same boat because Kat Von D was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the picture before I read the caption. 😂 

2 Replies
testing