Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

This is so funny! Hahah so creative!! 

i was thinking of starting a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread but i don't know if people would be into that ? hair is such a personal thing--even moreso than makeup and skincare i'd say--but sometimes talking about it can be a bit vague. i was thinking it could be a place where we talk about products / goals / fails etc. but i'm hesitant i'll just be talking to myself sooooooo if anyone has any thoughts on this, let me know ?

I'd be into it! Smiley Very Happy I'm really into hair-related stuff. But generally I feel like the 'hair' threads are quieter than ones dedicated to makeup and/or skincare.

@Asche yeah they definitely are, perhaps because there are so many varieties of hair / goals people are trying to achieve with their hair that we can't necessarily relate to what others are trying to do ? which is why i thought maybe a dedicated albeit rather vague thread would be a good idea....

So I haven't been on BT for a bit now and thought I'd drop a 'wut up' lol =D

@jesscheems welcome back!  Where yooou beeeeeennnn? <3 xo.

Awe thanksss @kromance. Just been keeping busy and also it's helping my low-buy lol. <3 *hugs*

I got impatient and placed my order before my turn in the membership sale. But now I can access it a day earlier and apparently I get a 10% off voucher. Sometimes I think Sephora wants my soul. Sometimes I think I'm just bad with money. ☹️

(Is it just me, or is the button for nested quotes a smiley face covered with its own thumbs-up. . . ?)

Heads up, I think it says you have to call customer service if you just became VIB, otherwise it might not allow you to access the VIB sale.

Thanks! I got the code with the welcome email, I think, but I've shopped myself out for awhile. I added my Sephora purchases from the last two months pre-tax and it came to $400. 😧 I suspect this is not that noteworthy with all the Rougers.

I'm sure there's a thread about discontinued products, but this is as random a beauty thought as any: I really miss when Nars gloss came in a pot. I used to buy Eros and Chelsea Girl and I know the current wand is more hygienic (and carrying a lip brush is a pain), but I really like little containers. I also assume it's reformulated.

@kovalevka I miss these too! 

I found a few different shades at TjMaxx a while back.  

@kathmb I feel the pain of this so hard, it seems like all my fav products get discontinued Smiley Sad or reformulated into something I like a lot less than the original. 

I feel like I am in a major rut with regards to my makeup, hair, entire look...i am just totally bored and don't know how what to do instead! I've been out of school for a few years and working full time in a field where I am usually the youngest person in the room and I've tried to cultivate a fresh but professional look but I'm so friggen bored! It really hit me last week when I went to get dressed to go out for dinner on a Saturday and I had virtually nothing to wear that wasn't something I would wear to the office ie nothing that showed a little skin or was fun, and then i kind of went on auto pilot with my makeup and just ended up looking the same as i do everyday. i need a change Smiley Sad 

I have the same problem, makeup wise. I have to look very conservative (ie neutral colours only) for work. I get bored of my work look constantly doing the same thing 5 days in a row. Try starting small, adding one or two glittery/glows items to your collection, or try a nice pop of colour for eyeshadow, or add a bold lip when you go out.

It makes getting ready to go out so much more exciting!

Highly recommend the Stila metals liquid eyeshadows, you can keep your base basically the same and add these on top of a neutral eye look. Also Marc Jacobs matte highliner in a fun colour on the lower water line.

Maybe this will help, have fun! 

@underwhelmed11

Time to go shopping! Sorry your feeling that way. 

Two not so random thoughts:

1. However Ulta trains their CS to handle customer issues, they need to share their knowledge with other companies. I ordered some Lorac POTC stuff, the palettes and an lipstick, and the cheek palette was totally destroyed in shipping. I also had a UD GWP bullet broken as well. Everything else in my order was fine. But I contacted CS and told them what happened. No questions, didn't need proof, just processed a reshipment of the palette and issued a $15 gift card to replace the GWP lipstick that is no longer available. Brilliant!

2. I decided to give Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation a try for the summer and I absolutely love it! I've been wearing it for a few days now, and someone complimented my skin! It's so exciting when you give something a blind chance and it works out perfectly. 

It is really refreshing to hear about great customer service! Smiley Happy

I'll agree that Ulta provides awesome service online. I've had a couple of issues, and they are always super-quick to reship or refund if needed, or offer a gc for a missing/broken gwp. No questions asked, just a friendly "we are so sorry; here's your (new order confirmation/confirmation of refund/gc for your troubles). 

Heck, I placed an order a couple of days ago, and among the several items, one had a GWP attached. When the rest of the order shipped, I got a notice that this particular item was OOS and had been cancelled...but the shipment still includes the GWP that came with it, even though the item that earned it isn't being sent. 

They seem to be very customer-oriented. Smiley Happy

I've been debating about microblading my brows for a while, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. I'm so frustrated with my brows all the time and can't take i anymore. -__- But the idea of putting something (somewhat) permanent on my face seriously terrifies me. Anyway, I finally booked a consultation for Saturday morning.

upload_2199884097166079597.gif

@Asche I've been thinking about getting my mom to do microblading! She doesn't really have eyebrows so she always has to fill them in and she tried some other kind of natural dye or something before and it didn't work out. ): I hope the consultation goes well! 

(I have the opposite problem as my mom and am consistently seeing my eyebrow lady on a 3ish week basis. She's all caught up with my life by now. Smiley Very Happy

XOXO,
Marieke
2 Replies