Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I sprayed two squirts of UD setting spray directly into my foundation on a mixing palette..

let's see if it lasts any longer than usual. I do notice right away that it looks FLAWLESS even around my nose crease and wrinkles... 

OK - here are the results:

Pros:

My makeup went on beautifully, and was super flawless around my creasy-bits. (That sounds wrong, eh?)

The wear was fantastic, did not budge all day. Definitely added longevity to the wear.

Adding it this way was much more comfortable because spraying it on my face "per usual" always gets in my eyes and hair, whereas this went exactly where I wanted it.

Cons:

Made my foundation a little TOO dewy looking.. where I felt I was in danger of looking a little greasy. This likely was because I used a dewy foundation as the base, where I should have used something more "matte".

Verdict:

I will be retrying this with a different foundation because I really liked the way it worked.

Wow I've got to try this! o: 

XOXO,
Marieke
Anonymous Insider

The urban decay makeup setting spray ? I wear it out all day on dates it lasts all day long no reapplying my makeup stays on the entire day and I dont have to reapply. I love it I have maybe 5 bottles on stand by just in case I run out of one.

If your not wearing long wear lipgloss or lipstick that will fade away but everything else stays on.

I do however spray it after I do my makeup I didnt do it the way you did so thats the only thing it may not work as well when applied that way. I always spray it after my entire makeup look is done.

I'm doing an experiment 😄

So, I live in an old, drafty Victorian. Every year or so, a mouse makes it into the house, and my cat takes care of it -- usually by leaving it as a gift for me beside my bed. She's a doll like that.

Last night, I woke to find my dear little Pixie pawing around in my makeup bag that was in my knocked over tote bag next to the bed. I have a fortune's worth of makeup in there, so I zipped it up so she couldn't wreck anything.

This morning she was still at it. I picked up the clear makeup bag to see that, in the middle of the night, I had zipped a live mouse inside it. I'm not sure who was more scared, me or the mouse.

The mouse is alive and doing well in the neighbor's large backyard now. I am going to be spending a LOT more at Sephora's spring sale, cause I'm not touching mouse-tainted makeup lol.

We get mice regularly living in the country, I am terrified one will get in my makeup storage spots! Eat up my samples and crawl over my lip stuff 😞 😞 lol

omg this is TERRIFYING! 

I cannot believe that happened. Poor makeup, poor mousey!

@Adriadne, sorry to hear about the make-up but I love that the mouse had a happy ending Heart they are such cute little scamps 🙂

Maybe she just wanted to look like this?

BP TofG.jpg

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

Oh my gosh! I'm in panic for you just reading this but I also can't help but to giggle a bit...and then go right back to panic and fear.

Oh no! I'm not sure who I feel worse for! Although I guess your makeup bag is going to feel pretty happy with the new makeup coming. 😄

XOXO,
Marieke

this may be my favorite story i've ever come across on BT. 

OMG!  This is the scariest story I've ever heard, girl! I don't blame you for replacing your stash!@Adriadne

I am on a non-verbal crusade (it is a thing) against patting eye creams with the ring finger lest you "maul your eyes out". 

In that same vein:

Makeup primers are not skincare.  Primers do not "protect" your skin from the nasty foundation.  Primers are just another makeup product that may cause a breakout just like anything else.  In fact, a lot of primers are silicone heavy and are more likely to cause a poor reaction.

All makeup products are skin stressors.  Some are benign, some not so much.  More product means more stress.  If our skin doesn't react poorly, it is "in spite" of makeup, not because of it.

Ok so.. I'm an idiot.

I was at Sephora this week having a fun time swatching away.. store was quite crowded but I didn't let that hold me back.

The idiot part comes when I was in a crowded aisle, and I'm reaching for a pressed powder tester that is near the floor.. and I get bumped. Rather than STOP reaching for the tester, I try to grab it off the shelf AS I FALL (cause, efficiency?) and end up dropped the tester and smashing it. I did, however, manage not to fall on my rear and regained my balance.

So - Sorry, Sephora. Sorry I broke your tester because I couldn't wait 3 more seconds to touch it. 

Interesting video about the process of making a 'Matchco' foundation:

I was very hesitant about posting this, but you know what.. I feel as though I have nothing to lose.

My participation in BT has decreased significantly.

The reason for this is because my mother is currently battling Stage 4 liver cancer.  This is the hardest life experience ever and I still cannot believe that this is happening.

I had redeemed the Marc Jacobs engraved lipsticks and gave her one.  She choose the word "Firefly" for her engraving.  I don't know what it means or it's significance and I think that I will let her keep that to herself.

My brother created a Go Fund Me account and if anyone is interested I can pm you the link, it's more specific of her diagnosis and what treatment she will be doing (insurance will not cover it which is why the account was created.)

BT has done wonders in helping me cope, it gives me something to look forward to. Especially when i'm having a down moment.

firefly.jpg

@darkiceis,

I'm so sorry to hear what you, your mom and your family are going through.  I understand what you mean when you say that BT helps you to cope, especially when you are having a down moment, and gives you something to look forward to.  I hope that you continue to find that here.  I hope that you can feel our support and prayers for you and your mom.

@tsavorite Thank you for the support

Hugs to you and your family!   I think it is beautiful of you to give your mom the engraved lipstick and I will keep you all in my thoughts. @darkiceis

@Tamara76 thank you very much 🙂

testing