Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

The concept of owning a red liquid eye liner is getting intensely tempting.....

Main Image - Christian Louboutin Oeil Vinyle Luminous Ink Liner

Why, Christian Louboutin!??!!!?? Why do you do this to me?????????

Just had this dream:

I was in a pub, someone I knew worked there and was bartending. I sat down at the bar and saw that the prepping table behind the counter was filled with all different makeup. I was excited and I asked my friend for a makeover. She took out a jar of thick paste-like foundation that was just thick globs of random different colors, mostly grey colors. She started mixing them together and I said "I think this will make me look too ashy" and she told me she knew what she was doing. I sat there watching her and started realizing all the makeup was very old, very used.. and started trying to think of a way to get out of having it put on my face. When she finished mixing all the colors together it was very clumpy and started separating like oil/water. At this point we agreed that she had mixed an oil-based foundation with a water-based foundation and ruined the mix.. 

then I woke up.

Not beauty related but I want to share a beautiful act that received global recognition. 

IMG_5952.JPG

Just read this in a magazine -- It takes 200 clicks to empty a Touche eclat pen, so every click costs 21 cents

Not sure who got put on that assignment, but I hope they saved the product in a tub to use later Smiley Very Happy

Making a full face of makeup!

IMG_8324.JPGHehehe, face masking with my son is awesome times.  We're trying to out creep each other. 

Few days ago at Nordstrom the SA at Chanel counter offered me to try their new foundation. I was in a rush so I got the sample to try later. I used it later and though the colour was a bit dark, I love how it felt and looked on. Very smooth and flawless finish. I thought I may pick one today at Trend show. I look up the price online and Holy Moly it is C$185 😱 I won't spend this much on a foundation in my wildest dream so I'll live vigorously by the SA's first comment. While describing the qualities of this diamond powder infused foundation, She said it will give you a very natural and radiant finish just like the one you are wearing. I was wearing MUFE ultra HD foundation so I guess I'll stick with that 😉

My friend recently had this dream. Smiley Happy

dream.jpg

Kind of cool video of making 3D lipstick:

Interesting video about the process of making a 'Matchco' foundation:

Ok so.. I'm an idiot.

I was at Sephora this week having a fun time swatching away.. store was quite crowded but I didn't let that hold me back.

The idiot part comes when I was in a crowded aisle, and I'm reaching for a pressed powder tester that is near the floor.. and I get bumped. Rather than STOP reaching for the tester, I try to grab it off the shelf AS I FALL (cause, efficiency?) and end up dropped the tester and smashing it. I did, however, manage not to fall on my rear and regained my balance.

So - Sorry, Sephora. Sorry I broke your tester because I couldn't wait 3 more seconds to touch it. 

I am on a non-verbal crusade (it is a thing) against patting eye creams with the ring finger lest you "maul your eyes out". 

In that same vein:

Makeup primers are not skincare.  Primers do not "protect" your skin from the nasty foundation.  Primers are just another makeup product that may cause a breakout just like anything else.  In fact, a lot of primers are silicone heavy and are more likely to cause a poor reaction.

All makeup products are skin stressors.  Some are benign, some not so much.  More product means more stress.  If our skin doesn't react poorly, it is "in spite" of makeup, not because of it.

Finally picked up tarte shape tape concealer in fair. I'm so happy I was finally able to not just find a concealer that matched me by being pale enough, but a *good* concealer too. 

In similar note, I'm also happy color correcting has been a thing recently, and that brands have started coming out with light blue bases I can mix my foundation with to make pale enough and to match my undertones better. A particular thanks to NYX, which has my favorite.

My first ever Selfridges order just shipped. Yayyy!

I was just browsing through the brands list because I need to make a return and was trying to decide if I want to exchange, get something new or just get my money back so I was looking for a little inspiration. I clicked on the Elizabeth & James page and had the thought that I really wish they'd branch out to makeup. I love their aesthetic so much, I'd be really intrigued by a cosmetics line from them. 

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this but I hit the teeniest amount of pan today in this D&G blush that I've been using for contour for the past 3? 4? years. Always an exciting achievement. 

IMG_3275.JPG

I have noticed the Too faced cocoa powder foundation display has been removed from all my local sephoras, am I out of the loop on this and is this being discontinued? I finally decided to give it a try ..online was out of my shade when I click on it doesn't take me to the product page for email notifications just the standard sorry this product is no longer available.

The employees didn't know anything and one suggested it probably doesn't sell well so they made room for other stuff 🙄

I just looked through my old Makeup Alley reviews and they dated back to 2008. I was sure that Neutrogena Pore Cleanser would be my forever and ever cleanser. It was a fun stroll down memory lane. I didn't like Benefit then except for their cream eyeshadows and my opinion stands! Smiley Happy

Do you guys ever impulse buy something and as you're driving home, start panicking that you're going to hate it?

Me and the Bite Love Bite set.

I'm super glad to report how wrong I was. I bought it Thursday and have worn them every day since. Every shade is a winner!

I hate the hassle of returns but I've also definitely bought from Sephora solely because I know if I hate it, back it goes. And yet I've actually only made 3 returns haha. This is a good system you have going, Sephora!

Hello!

If we were chatting in pm's a month or 2 ago, please pm me! 

I was talking about sending you something and had a family tragedy. Please pm me! 

Smiley Happy

Wondering if anyone else has bought the new duochrome stila glitters and noticed their bottle half empty? Bought sunset cove and sea siren during the sale and when they got here I noticed big air bubbles of missing space in sunset cove but no issues on the other hand with sea siren.