Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

heck yeah !

it's only the 11th and i'm already way excited about what's shaping up to be in my monthly faves.

Anonymous Insider

I already have 3! Can't wait to see what you fav in march 💚

My forehead wrinkles are really starting to bum me out. I don't have an issue with Botox except that it's expensive and a lot of upkeep and I've actually done it before and for some reason it gives me really intense headaches (even though it's supposed to treat them!). I feel kind of bad that I feel bad about my wrinkles, like it makes me a bad feminist. 😞 I've always looked young for my age and I'm feeling weird about this. 

@starsandbucks you're NOT a bad feminist. i'll n-i-p (it won't let me say that word) that in the bud right there.

i could go through all the usuals: aging is a privilege ! wrinkles give a face character ! and you most certainly look very young for your age (i remember talking to you about that bit a few years ago!!). and all of these are totally true. but they don't change the fact that we, as humans, don't like seeing evidence of our aging bodies--even the most graceful inhabiters of aged faces weren't excited to see those first signs (if they say they were, they're lying !). it doesn't make you a bad feminist, it makes you a human.

frankly there's not real solution other than gradually adapting our perspective and attitudes on the whole thing. which ain't easy (i'm working on it myself these days). and it's important realize that with or without forehead lines, you are drop. dead. gorgeous. and i will happily tell you so whenever you feel you need a reminder. ❤️

@jemly this was such an extraordinary gracious and thoughtful response and you have no idea how grateful I am for it. And how much I needed to hear it -

not the compliments, but certainly the reminders that's it's a privilege to age! For heaven's sake aging gracefully or not of all people I shouldn't have to be reminded of that. But I suppose it's human nature to struggle. But thank you again. You are an absolute sweetheart!

I just realized I've shut down and am using BT as my life escape.  I'm supposed to be freaking out and packing up for impending temporary chaotic life, but here I am wasting time.   I will not be sleeping tonight cause I want to play today.  

Oooo, the time has come! Have fun, @heartsmyface ! At least at the end of it all. 😉

I totally do the same - "waste" my time playing when I should be dealing with the reality of some dreaded task instead. Like packing. *shudders* I. hate. packing!

Ha, yep.  We do the great migration tomorrow.  I've got a pile of clothes and a pile of makeup ready.  

I still have to pack up the baby's stuff.  This year we were smart and hired movers for the conference gear so that's one less thing to do.   

The fun part is about to begin:)

OK hold on to yer highlighters, ladies.. it don't get much more random than this..

So I recently received my order of my Ole Henrickson face wipes this week. everything good...

Then I get a delivery today from Sephora.. I'm like.. did I black out and buy something else.. wtf? so I open it, and its the most random order inside and the order sheet inside is someone else's name entirely!!

So I call Sephora and try to explain that I got an order that wasn't mine and had already received my order and don't know what to do with this stuff. Maybe a label mixup at the factory or something??? 

I feel so bad for the person who actually ordered this stuff.. what on earth is going on???

Sephora says I can just print the label and send it back. The person on the phone didn't seem very surprised, or seem to be glad I called at all... very 'whatever'.  That's my random of the day.

this happened to me too, but several months ago in December. when I called CS about it, they were pretty confused too and I had to spend some time explaining it. if a few people are posting here that it happened to them, it makes me wonder just how many other orders this is happening to. I was told I could keep or return the items. I was out of printer ink so didn't return them (yet). I hope Sephora fixes this soon as clearly its been going on for months now. also, does anyone know why Sephora now makes us print return labels instead of just including the prepaid return label and form with the order like they used to do? I know many people who do not own a printer. and mine is on its last legs, not really functional at the moment even if I had ink. and not everyone can print labels at work or find a friend with a printer.

These type of incidents are getting very frequent. A while ago I got someone else's package instead of my own. Contacted Customer service and was told the products I actually purchased are out of stock and won't be coming back due to limited edition. Promo code that I used was also expired. They refunded me for my missing order and said I can print a shipping label and mail back the package I received and if I can't do it easily, feel free to keep it. So Ofcourse I kept it as a compensation of my OOS stuff and promo.

Just today, I had to call to get my account sorted out because someone has been siphoning off my 4k+ points little by little, placing small orders along with 100 point rewards.

First of all, when I called, the first CSR was basically like "oh, you have 2 accounts, and you've been ordering from a 2nd." I'm like, uh, nope, I'd remember that... but cool let me talk to a supervisor now.

The supervisor was able to fix it, but I wasn't too happy about yet another crappy Sephora experience as of late. Seriously, I just randomly decided to start sending makeup to another person in another state? Yeah... definitely. 

Clearly this person got their account linked to mine somehow, saw the amount of points I had, and was like "oooooh, goody!" Not cool. If you're reading this, you're a t-urd (really, I can't say that?!). Enjoy your lip samples, but you'll still just be one with lipstick! Just saying.

how awful for someone to do that to you! I'm really sorry to hear you had to deal with that. I agree with Insomniacmuffin, Sephora needs to increase security with the points. 

Yeah, I actually put a fraud alert on my card because of this--- from what I'm told, it was just a mix up where another person was assigned the same VIB rouge # as me, and it probably had absolutely nothing to do with my card information at all. But... better safe than sorry! Get your own points, girl! Don't steal mine! lol!

holy moly @khaleesi that is terrible! I would be so nervous to have a lot of points for that very reason, there is zero security to stop this

The t-urd doing that to you needs to have the universe punish him/her.

If you dont mind me asking, which Sephora warehouse did it come from?  I had a similar mix up on Monday except they didn't put any products in the box only 3 samples and the invoice for the person who placed that order.

Brampton, Ontario @ElleElleG

Hmm 🤔 perhaps all of their warehouses are undergoing some type of transition then

Was there anything good in the surprise box? 😂

haha @txcatx well part of me wishes the person had expensive taste, but that probably would make me sad to send it back. 

I, selfishly, was a little put-out that Sephora didn't offer me a little points for the trouble of having to go to the post office for them 😛

testing