Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

"Hold on to your highlighters, ladies...". LOL!  You brighten my day!  @Insomniacmuffin 😊

The misdelivered packages certainly seem to be on the rise - so strange!  

Lol that's my favourite sentence in @Insomniacmuffin 's post. 

The saddest and truest part is how readily I accepted that I'd made a 'black-out' purchase.. hehe.

Hey blackout shopping totally happens! I've done it and bought all the things in my cart that I was hymmmming and hawing over.  Not a pretty bill though.  

I think of it as surprise gifts to myself:) 

Has anyone tried Stellar Cosmetics?  

Is anyone missing a Tom Ford lipstick in Ian? One showed up in my order today, along with my order of a Besame lipstick, Sephora foot mask (love those!), and two 100 point perks. I may have received zero samples I requested, but the Tom Ford lipstick just might make up for it even if it isn't a color I would have chosen! 

Don't we love such accidents @txcat 😉

I do! But just to make sure, you guys would keep it instead of giving it back to Sephora, right? My moral compass is mixed on this. It's not like they would sell it if I gave it back, right?

Keep it.  No clue what's happening at the warehouses but it's not your responsibility to fix it.  Also, you're pretty awesome so consider it Sephora's way of recognizing your awesome-ness @txcatx

To assuage any moral guilt you feel.. test the heck outta it and write a detailed review 😄 That way, it's win-win.

I messaged Sephora via Facebook messenger because of the moral dilemma! The response was pretty much return the lipstick with the shipping label if you can and feel free to keep it if you can't. 

The post office is one of my least favorite places because my nearest location almost always has a long line, even at the self-service kiosk, so...

Ha, I think it will probably be okay.  I'm almost expecting one of those long moral/legal debates from this.  

I'm team keep it because of the paid time it would take customer service to mail you out a return slip, the cost of return postage, the time receiving it on the other end, and the probability that it may never be sold anyway.

Anonymous Insider

So super random and maybe not even beauty related, Bow Wow turned 30 today... I remember when he was Lil Bow Wow.

I think I need to start using eye cream.

This!!!   Best observation of the month! @Anonymous 😘😘😘

popping this in here. obsessed with this 1978 christian dior beauty ad from then-creative director serge lutens.

dior78.jpg

Oh my, I thought that was you for a sec!  I wanna see you recreate this look!  (Maybe skip the yarn danglies) 

Yes! I wanna see @jemly re-create this 

look too! 

That is such a pretty lip color! Also love that they included a picture of the products. Always so interesting to see how much they have changed.

It looks kinda awkward.  I would love to see that old makeup packaging in person though!  

So when Googling eyelid eczema, which is sadly preventing me from wearing eye makeup, I started reading about how it occurs and learned the term "lichenification" of skin. This made me think of lichen in nature, which made me think of how Daphne turned into a tree in Greek mythology, and omg what if I'm like Daphne, but I turn into lichen?

I know lichen is not lichenification of skin, but it would maybe be kind of cool to be pretty lichen? And what if lichenification of skin occurred in the colors of lichen in nature, like greens and oranges? Why do I not have artistic talent to paint a person covered in lichen patches, because that would be some neat art? 

First time for everything?

I placed a Sephora order late Wednesday/ early Thursday.  It was delivered ~30 mins ago

Spoiler
neighbor decided to come over & check out my package

https://m.popkey.co/0ebc8d/kdRxZ_f-maxage-0.gif

clearly they did not know I was home & they sprinted back the second they heard me unlatch the lock 🙄
.....yes I frequently have packages at my door, stop being nosy!!

Open the box to reveal a packing slip with someone else's information and 3 lonely samples no promo or actual order insight. 

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/afp.gif

Le sigh.  Today is Monday isn't it?!

Edit: Spoke with CS and was able to reorder.  The CS rep was baffled by the blunder and we managed to laugh that info intended for FLORIDA ended up in a box just outside DC.  She said I could keep the samples, *sarcasm*gee, thanks*sarcasm* and placed a new order for the items purchased.

1 Reply
testing