Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Nope.

I saw someone on Instagram actually trimming her eyelashes and she said something along the lines of "trimming your eyelashes promotes growth" *cringes*

I also saw someone using a broccoli as a beauty blender. These "challenges" and "beauty tips" are getting too ridiculous. 

@prti  although this is from some time ago I saw someone tell people to make mascara out of oreo's.  I'm not kidding. lol

Oreo mascara?! 😄 Just when you think you heard it all, lol!

Ummm, I don't think so.  Whoever told that poor person that was cruel.  

Broccoli?  Geez, at least use bread or something similar to a sponge.  Again, I'm tired of all the weird view gimmicks.  I want to see more art and less stupidity. 

Double nope.

I agree.

9GTPnhA.gif

Could you imagine being a parent and walking into your child's room to discover condoms covered in foundation.

"But mom! I was only playing with makeup! I swear!" 

😮

Oh yuck...I saw a post yesterday and almost vomited.  It's almost as bad as using lube as primer 😝😵

Spoiler
IMG_0565.JPG 

Yuck!  I guess for some people it's anything for a buck/traffic.  Just no!

Great message to send to consumers "Warning this product may have Vagisil in it cause I made a video and possibly liked the end results." I know her products don't have that stuff in them (hopefully), but I mean come on it's not worth it for views and makes me question Huda a bit. I get the kid's makeup and glitter challenges, but this is gross.

Sorry that is just GROSS!! I mean why???? LOL Ewww

I haven't seen any of those yet, but I'm not clear on what the addition of the condom is supposed to achieve.

Like, is it supposed to be like a dupe for that Sili-sponge that's been making the rounds?

@Mochapjyes.  It's supposed to be the best of both world. The squishy texture without the wasteful absorption of the sponge.

@veronika23 I don't get it either, seems really ridiculous to me. 😄

That is just ,,,, I don't know what. Now every time I use beauty Blender, something else will come in my mind 😱 

I keep seeing this all over the place - although I'm skeptical, I would be open to try this in the summer when it's nice & hot! sun.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

It's called Jamsu and you dip your face in water after you've put on your make up! 00000000.JPG   

Spoiler
Masterminded by Korean beauty buffs, this revolutionary trick—called “jamsu,” which roughly translates to “diving”—involves coating your freshly made-up visage in baby powder, then submerging it briefly (15 to 30 seconds) in a bowl filled with water. Supposedly, this works similar to baking in that the baby powder and water work together to lock in your makeup, preventing it from melting off or fading (plus, it gives your skin a matte, oil-free finish—and who doesn’t want that?)

According to cosmopolitan.com, jamsu was widely introduced by a Japanese beauty blogger, and quickly picked up steam in Korea over the makeup-melting summer months. It has only just begun to gain popularity stateside, but the response has been largely positive. (Beauty blogger Beauty Vixxen tested the trick and, after getting flawless results, decided she was “in love” with the simple hack.)

Though we’ve yet to try jamsu for ourselves, The Today Show’s Emily Slawek tested the trend to amazing results. Some have found that translucent powder provides better results than baby powder—which, after submersion in water, can leave behind a pale film—but all in all, this hack is one to keep.

That sounds like a headache waiting to happen.  

I saw the picture and immediately thought of waterboarding. 

"Give me your makeup secrets!" 😛

Buzzfeed's Ladylike did this. Interesting video they said it helped, but it wasn't worth the pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZJjXBDKh8

3 Replies
testing