Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Sure!  What do you think they want for the  8 pounds of stolen Splenda?  hahahaha!

Individual Splenda packets...8 pounds worth, it's not all ill gained from restaurants, but most are...nice variety of those though that put their name on them. All prestine and in a very clean smoke-free , pet-free home. Let's trade

I wonder if they will trade for my 8 pounds of Ulta Porefessional and Smashbox Primer foils????  LOL!!!

I definitely have 8 pounds of porefessional and smashbox primer foils I can put on CL hahahahaha

Do you want the contact info????  Maybe they ship!  Lol!!!!  @jen143xo

Update:

So he decides to call me at 8:48pm.. 

very assertive and insistent and telling me about *everything* about himself..

- he doesn't have a girlfriend or wife, but he "is thinking the cologne will make the ladies more interested"

- made sure to be very clear with me that he didn't list his item because he needs the money.. he has money.. lots of money, as much as any woman would need. enough to take me on vacation if i wanted.. for weeks. soon.

- He works for himself, so he has lots of time to meet up with me.. and hey.. since we are meeting up let's meet up at his parents house because his mom is a great cook and makes the bestest cabbage rolls ever, no really.. i have to try them.

- when we meet up we'll take our time and have a nice day together, so we should meet up early so that we don't have to stay out too late, and there'll be time to really get to talk after we meet mom

- after our meetup he is going to give me the contact information for a couple friends who give good deals on stuff, just in case. I'll be meeting them later anyway so they wont mind giving me the 'friend' discount

tons and tons and tons of more.. but I don't want to make it like I'm making fun of him.. maybe he is lonely, and it cost me nothing but a little time to listen.  I'm just so baffled that someone would spill their life story like this.. over a widget. 

My contributions to the conversation, in entirety:

- huh

- uh uh

- ok

- weird...

- well i gotta go

- i gotta go now

- ok one more story but then i gotta go

- ok you've had your story but i'm going now

- i'm hanging up now

call time: 48 minutes

why?

because it was just too interesting, like a documentary about a train wreck.. and selfishly, i really really really wanted that widget. 

I smothered laughter so many times because I was picturing meeting him at whatever location.. making the trade.. and clutching it to my chest like a runningback and RUNNING for the car. 

Yes - it occurred to me to wonder for the first 5 minutes if I was being punk'd.. someone 'getting me back for daring to suggest barter instead of cash' but this went on waaaay too long for that, and my participation was practically nil.

Life - you amuse me.

I bet life amused (notice the tense) Natalie Holloway. 

oooooookayyyyyy......

funny-face-cat.jpg

@Insomniacmuffin

Have you ever considered that you might meet a serial killer this way?  Maybe I've watched too many movies, but then Ted Bundy used to work in my building....

@tsavorite you worked in the same building as Ted Bundy?!?!?!!???! That's creepy as hell. You didn't run into him did you? Was it the same place Anne Rule worked also? She would have been cool to meet though, but not with the extra addage of meeting a monster.

@niki172,  I think that Ann Rule knew Ted Bundy in Washington state. Later he was a University of Utah Law School student.  I knew people who knew him. He was a janitor in the building on campus where I worked, often on weekends, alone.  I was lucky enough not to know him.  I think he tended to pick strangers who wouldn't be traced to him for his victims.  At least one girl lived to tell the tale, by rolling into a river to escape him, under cover of darkness. 

@tsavorite- Ann and Ted knew each other from working together at a suicide prevention hotline in WA (saw her on a book tour, but didn't get to shake her hand or anything - it was at a university). That's still so creepy!!!!! The devil in a house of God *extra creepy*. He liked girls with long brown hair parted down the middle - supposedly reminded him of his ex. So many victims from Utah too. Ann talked about so many girls that would contact her thru the years with a "Ted" story. The things he did - so very awful - the stuff of nightmares.

Yeah, my parents' friend's son was murdered by someone who responded to his posting selling a ring. You have to be careful. 

OMG - That is horrible!   So sorry to hear that - that is really scary and sad.

It was awful. It happened in 2004, and the guy who did it finally got a life sentence in 2013. 

Are you gonna get one of your Sephora Rouge make-overs before meeting this guy?  @Insomniacmuffin

I mean.......what 'look' do you ask for this special occasion?......date at his mom's house for cabbage rolls and some bartering!  hahahaha!  

Lmao! Perfect read before bedtime! Craigslist is really a bundle of joy, isnt it? I remember posting that I was looking to adopt a kitty several years back and TWO men messaged me offering to be my sugar daddies! I just wanted a cat for gods sake. @Insomniacmuffin

"kitty" must have been code for something else...@sabrinas lol

@Insomniacmuffin A good friend of mine met her hubby  while selling him a motorcycle helmet on craigslist - just sayin! 😉

My current husband is still within the warranty, no reason to trade-in. 😉

@Insomniacmuffin

I hope that you take your husband with you if you ever meet this guy to barter.  And meet him in the parking lot at your local police station for the trade.  🙂

lol @tsavorite I will not be meeting this person, but I appreciate everyone's concern for my safety 😄

@Insomniacmuffin,

I'm really glad to hear you say that you are not going to meet this guy.  We do want you to remain safe.

Craig's List can be a dangerous place.  Maybe it's rare, but who wants to meet a  possible r a p i s t?

1 Reply
testing