Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Thank you!

@txcatx - let me just echo what everyone else has said - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an accomplishment!  😄 

And yes.  Definitely get the meteorites.  😄

Thanks!

Yay!!! 

funny-pictures-no-more-student-loan.jpg

Spoiler
aec55b796512ffe1cbe212f02aba7c01.jpg

Ha! Love it!

Congrats!!! Get the ballz!!!

Thanks! I will. Just have to figure out which ones!

Congrats @txcatx!!!  That's one heck of an accomplishment

woo hoo.JPG

Thanks!

Yesss!!! @txcatx

I love my ballz.  New spring ones are pretty, but not the best. Maybe some classic ones? YAY for you and ballz!e3857cf2c4dcbf2f0373411393dd0d8dedaf1004cd642c303b92d800ffa8884b.jpg

Thanks! I do like the tin packaging better than the plastic pearl.

Woohoo!  Congrats on paying off your student loans!  That is definitely reason to celebrate!   Do you already have any Meteorites?  If not, maybe start with the Illuminating Meteorites in the silver tin?   I definitely recommend buying them in store - I had two different heartbreaking experiences with crushed Meteorites I ordered online.  @txcatx

Oh! Good to know! Need to figure out if Guerlain is carried at any stores around here...

Thanks!

Yes. The answer is "yes". 

Yes, you celebrate by buying Meteorites.

There is no debate.

There is no need to even pose this as a question.

Yes. 

The answer is "yes".

*okay, I'll stop enabling now* 😛

Congrats on paying off those loans!

Thanks! But there are currently three packaging options and five colors on the market, so I need to figure out where to start! Plus, researching to see who has ebates, a good GWP, if I need the special brush, etc...

This are all wonderful factors that will lead you to beautiful pearlies!!!

Take an inventory of highlighters that you have and determine if you want something in a similar tone or to go in a totally different direction. In terms of packaging, ask if this is going to be a "set it on your vanity for looks and eye candy" status or if it's something to be stored away....if you're keeping it out, either go for a flashy option or something that just suits your decor.

Ok so yesterday I got a survey for a prestige beauty box from Influenster, and just now I got another survey for a regular beauty box from Influenster! The one I got today was asking lots of questions about brushes, does anyone know of a brand having new brushes release soon?? It got me wondering what brushes they will send out!

I hope that I get chosen for at least one of them, I mean, I DID make it all the way through to entering my address (sometimes they cut me off halfway and say I'm not a good fit).

I put highlighter on the tip of my nose for the first time ever tonight. I didn't mind it. This makes me feel like I could be on a slippery slope.

In spirit of the Sephora x3 points fragrance event, I tried to add all the perfumes on my wishlist into my bag to see the price. Apparently you are only allowed 90 items in your bag. I managed to get 91. I wasn't able to add all the ones I wanted. But out of boredom here are the results: 91 items, $5,798. 17,394 points. Average cost per item $63ish. That would be nice. Can you image what a collection that would look like, a mix of travel size and full size bottles, heaven! Unfortunately that is a "little" above my budget. LOL. More than a little. But kinda cool to see. 

My first thought was how many $25 purchases can that be divided in to for maximum deluxe sample efficiency. Thwarted by the average price of 90 items being over twice the buy in! I would love to see that collection though.

testing