Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Had a dream last night that a friend and I went to Sephora, they had a Guerlain booth there like you'd see at a department store and I was trying on lipsticks, but all the lipsticks were so hard and stiff that nothing was coming off to my lips at all. Then I saw that they had Guerlain eyeshadow palette quads but they were $98 each (oddly specific dream pricing) and I couldn't afford it. 

Than I woke up.

I'm in love with the newly improved Sephora app! It looks so much better on the iPhone plus screen lol and the resolution isn't all stretched out anymore ^__^

Has anyone tried this perfume? 

http://www.sephora.com/1828-travel-spray-P409742?skuId=1827187

It's been in my basket, gonna probably pull the trigger when I get paid. I'm looking for a walk in the forest / pine tree scent type. This looked appealing to me but yeah. Anyone have an experience with this brand? Wonder if it's long lasting.

I haven't tried this particular scent but I have tried a bunch of Histoires perfumes and own a few. They all have decent longevity and I like the size/design of the travel size bottles.

I love bottles like this, I'm happy even with 3 hour long wear. Think I will jump the gun on this.

I love HISTOIRES DE PARFUMS!  They seem to last quite a while on me. That was one I wasn't particularly fond of. I think you will like it. I hate pine scents.

I stumbled across this too and it made me giggle that it was inspired by the marquis de sade. I always think of geoffrey rush.

http://www.sephora.com/1740-travel-spray-P409736?skuId=1844885&icid2=products%20grid:p409736

I saw this on Pinterest, and can easily relate. The struggle is real! 😄 

eea0a51905bf9226cf2f2b05cc1d430a.jpg

I have seen this but every time I do, all I see is a "Mime in Training"

dot.JPG

dot1.JPG

Spoiler
dot2.JPG
dot3.JPG

mime.JPG

Yeah... So many super awesome ridiculous, "trendy" stuff out there... Smiley Indifferent Super crusty, clumped-together tarantula lashes were the best! 😄 Not. Couldn't quite believe it. Even for the runaway thing ( that, I hope, never translated to real life ) it was just too much... Messy chic, uh huh. Ok.  

l.jpg

Gorgeous!

Spoiler

upload_2441850823438632425.jpg

upload_7337959920083937314.png

Ok, I'm taking it back! It is a fantastic and effortless way of being "chic" on lazy days! 😄

( Ay! Just remembered the hairy nails!!! Ok, that was the worst!!! )

Spoiler

upload_6403672867501158729.jpg

upload_7190531746841208755.jpg

I agree with your post @Blackwhiskey and will give you one big succulent "thumbs up" 00.JPG

succu.JPG

Yeah girl!  They tried to make these fetch 

Spoiler
suc.JPG
succ.JPG
@Blackwhiskey I said "no thanks!" 00000.JPG

The "hairy nails" are a trend I can pass on, lol! 

giphy.gif

Those hairy nails are giving me the creeps. 😐

I'm writing down all your nicknames and if I catch any of you posting your pics with this in "What I'm wearing today" I'm going to call you out on it sooooo hard.. 

Spoiler
980x.jpg

I'm sure it's great for deterring predators

Image result for eyespot mimicryImage result for eyespot mimicry

Looks like when I sneeze putting on mascara! lol

Nope - looks like symetrical lower lash mascara clumps...

Yeah...I am not a fan of that.

This is a stage makeup trick to make your eyes look bigger under really bright lights, from a distance.  It looks dead stupid up close.

testing