Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

The struggle is real, girl!

Reminds me of this.... 🙂

@prti

I literally think that deserves a nomination for "First World Problem of the Year 2017"

I love it.

@Insomniacmuffin Hahaha! Thank you for nominating me. I will gladly accept my award at the end of the year 😉

i'm here to make a declaration.

PRODUCT OF THE YEAR 2017: NARS soft matte complete concealer.

I bought this before it was available on website. They had it on fisplay. I love it. Its just what i needed

@jemly

I got the matte concealer as well.  I will add my thoughts as you guys have a good discussion going here.

I bought the shade Caramel (which is my shade in the creamy concealer as well - that I use under eyes).

- It is creamy without being oily.  More creamy than Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, less oily than KA skin "something".  The NARS stick concealer is a drier formula as well.

- It is quite pigmented, but not drying or cakey.  

- One could use it on face or under eyes and the texture would be comfortable either place.  

Personally, I would use it spot conceal if there were an annoying hyperpigmented spot I wanted to blur out.  Oddly, I do not plan to use it under my eyes because it is quite pigmented (in a good way). My undereyes are not unusually dark I don't think, but I also like a bit of darkness to show through.  😜

This seems like a perfect mix of the Creamy Concealer and Concealer stick.  The stick is much too dry to use under the eyes IMO, but good to spot conceal.  The creamy concealer may not be pigmented enough or thick enough to spot conceal, but good under eyes.  The matte pot concealer seems like it could do either comfortably.

Lastly - because it is so pigmented, it needs to be a good shade match if using it on your face.  "Caramel" would match skin on some parts of my face. but not others.  These are my personal ruminations on shades....not on quality of product.  It is a good product for those looking for a versatile pigmented concealer that didn't resemble spackle.

ohhhhh @JazaChai @heartsmyface @PrettyPaint @suzyo and anyone else, i'm sorry i left you hanging !!!

ok. firstly, i find the color matches to be pretty much exact to the radiant creamy concealer. in swatches comparing the two, the soft matte concealer may look a hair darker, but that's because it's not reflecting light the way RRC does. blended they're the same.

so, yeah, it's matte (in that NARS 'velvet' way), and an incredibly incredddddibly thin and lightweight consistency. i've never felt anything like it. blends instantly. because it's so thin, i'm not sure how it would work with color correctors underneath--i don't know i don't use them. i don't need to use them though, because....

....this is the only concealer i've ever--ever--found that covers my dark dark under eye circles. as most of y'all know, i'm very very pale, and my dark circles are giant dark monsters. because the texture is so thin, it absolutely does not look dry and cakey under the eye (which is what always happens with any full coverage matte concealer). i was deeply loyal to my radiant creamy concealer, but it couldn't cover my under eye circles the way this does. and just because it's matte, it absolutely doesn't make the skin look dull. not in my case at least. 

i can't speak for blemishes because my skin is doing alright at the moment. slight discoloration etc is covers up easily. i imagine it would be good for blemishes, though, as it's matte and easily buildable.

i'm shocked by it.

@jemly Thanks so much! That's great what you said about it being thin. That's my main problem - so many concealers go on so thick, and it just makes my eyes look baggy and cakey and creasy (and makes me look older). I'm going see if more swatches have been posted since I last looked, because I'm just worried about a shade match. I like the looks of the cannelle because it has peach undertones, but I'm not sure if it would be too dark for n20.

I too am interested in details, because I am about to be in the market for a new face/blemish concealer (not undereye, though maybe that too).

I'll have to go check out shades in store.

Oh?  Better than the creamy concealer? Is it thin or thick in consistency?    What kind of coverage?  Any light reflective properties? 

The capslock makes me take you super seriously, and I'm concerned because I just told myself no more concealers, primers or foundations until I get through a few.  Your reccomendations never disappoint though:) 

@jemly Really? Please tell me more! I keep almost buying it, but I can't figure out what shade would work for n15/n20-ish, especially with my super dark circles. I swear I have tried almost every concealer on the market, and I still haven't found "the one."

@PrettyPaint Have you tried colorcorrecting before concealing?  If I use an apricot color corrector first to neutralize the purple/blue under my eyes, concealer tends to be more effective on me.  I use either algenist color correcting drops or the apricot shade in the mufe 5 shade concealer palette. 

@heartsmyface Thanks! I have tried color correcting before concealing. I've tried the pixi one, the becca one, and Giorgio Armani one, but I don't think I've tried the algenist or mufe. I'll give those a look! Peachy tones definitely help my undereye situation, but once I put concealer on over it, it just gets to be too much (creasy and wrinkly looking). I'm hoping to find an "all in one" type correcting concealer so I don't have to apply so many layers, because I feel like it looks creasy. I will definitely check out the ones you mentioned! Thanks!

Elf came out with a color correcting palettte two. For both light and deep skin. 3 bucks. Sae it at target.

@PrettyPaint The algenist one is more of a watery consistency so it goes on quite thin.  I'd skip the mufe one cause it's a thick cream and doesn't meet your criteria:) 

@heartsmyface That sounds perfect - Thanks so much. I'll check it out!

Really? Would you recommend it for the under the eyes?

My favorite type of text to get:

"Hey, *those plans you reluctantly made* have been canceled."

Second favorite:

"I used your phone number to get you Ulta points."

Hey guys, this is random but I'm having my wisdom teeth - all 4 😞 taken out tomorrow. I wanted to order a little present for myself so when I'm back at work next week I have something to look forward to.

What's a good set between these two? I haven't used either of these formulas so I am interested in giving them a try!

http://www.sephora.com/blacquer-is-better-eye-defining-essentials-P392924?skuId=1651645

or

http://www.sephora.com/eye-marker-set-P415674?skuId=1882398

If you take out all 4 you wont be able to talk much and will be in a lot of pain. Ive been through that, and it was hell.

Anonymous Insider

If you have a choice, please do 2 left & 2 right separately....

Not because of the pain of extraction& afterwards (yeah, that too, but) but because  being unable to use both innermost corners of your oral cavity really sucks...(+being unable to use straws for quite a while). 

testing