Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

The Marc Jacobs marker is really great, I suck at eyeliner and it's the only liquid I can make work so it's pretty foolproof. It's also waterproof, no smudging or flaking through the day and I can stamp it into my upper waterline so I don't have to go in with a pencil.

The YSL looks great too though, hmm tough decision.

Getting wisdom teeth out sucks more for some people, less for others I hope you have less pain and heal soon! If you have painkillers sometimes they can make you dehydrated so take lots of water and moisturizer and use lots of lip balm.

Good luck!! @sp1771

Thank you, @Tamara76 @Haleyhale! This post-op period definitely feels strange. And for some reason I can't stop thinking about food items I can't eat for awhile now - haha odd. Anyhow, first day is good so far...mostly netflix and naps 🙂

I was eyeing the MJ set too, I love their highliners, and given the reviews I think I will opt for that one! 🙂

Oh great question!   I have never tried the YSL eye marker and now I am so intrigued!

Blaquer is awesome, though (although I have to say KVD Ink or Tattoo liner is still my fave).

Good luck with your extraction tomorrow!  I hope it goes smoothly and you have very little pain!  Eat lots of ice cream! 😉

Not exactly beauty related, but tomorrow I'm going to my gyno to get the nexplanon (implant) birth control 

i'm psyching myself out since i'm a bit needle phobic and i'm just imagining a giant needle numbing shot and staring at the implant in my arm.

i'm excited for it too since i've been on the pill for hormonal acne mostly, but it gives me really bad migraines (and mood swings before i switched)

i am also hoping even without the pill, having improved my diet and skincare that my chin will be under control!

i'm very tempted to do retail therapy after since my arm is going to look busted for a week T_T i also inherited the genes where a small bruise can look way worse than it actually is 😕

Good luck!

Just imagine Stephen Colbert so you at least get a laugh out of it 🙂

Image result for giant syringe gif

haha thanks for the gif! i definitely will

i'm going to a company party after so that will be fun lol

maybe a trip to sephora or nordstrom's is needed too hah!

Ooo nice! 😄

I was working a seasonal temporary job. I knew I would be let go this month, but I got the news two days after I worked through text just saying I was "dropped". They could had just told me the last day I was working that I was no longer needed. I heard through the grapevine about it all too. C'est la vie....

Spoiler
Spoiler
I gotta pick up my second to last paycheck this friday and goddammit, I'm determine to use my employee discount at NM. It's 30% off everything  most items. I'm thinking "treat yo self". 

Edit: Thank you ladies for your support ❤️ It made me feel 10x better and my worries felt lighter after venting. I hope this year for all of you, everyone, to be better and brighter! Also, hope there's some great beauty deals/steals along the way 😉

That really sucks...especially through text! Doesn't exactly scream professionalism. I hope you find something else quickly. 🙂

Thanks! I hope to find something soon too @Asche 

When I got the text, I just thought "is this how a break-up over text message feels like"? I had a good laugh over it.

Unfortunately, that sounds about right for retail. 😕 When I worked a seasonal job, I don't remember how much notice they gave, but it was pretty sudden. At least it was an in-person talk, though! A text is pretty messed up.

I guess on the bright side, now I know what to expect from seasonal temp job @LolliLove

I hope you can find new job soon. 

Thanks @kavavisa

Aww I'm sorry to hear that, @lisainprogress. What am awful way for them to tell you. Your hard work and effort deserves much more than that! Yes to the spoiler, I agree!

Awww - I am so sorry to hear this @lisainprogress. 😞

What a bummer about the way they communicated, too! I hope this means that something even more amazing is coming your way, girl!

(I'm hearting this out of support, not because it is good news).

Thank you for your kind words and support @Tamara76

There was always a lack of communicate at work, many of us kind of hated that.

Aw @lisainprogress, so sorry to hear that!  Even if it was expected, it still sucks; they could've at least thanked you for your service.  You were too good for them anyway!  I'm sure you're bound to land something 10x better soon Heart

I wish they had been courteous about it, which is the only reason why I'm irritated. Also the fact that I had to text first to figure out if I was working or not. Had I not done that, who knows when I would had been told.

Thank you for your kind words @ZombieMetroAnt Now that I'm free (for now) I can stalk the board again and get to writing that sitcom based on my work 😉

I would totally watch that @lisainprogress

161H1463H9.gif

1 Reply
testing