Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

That is awesome! What a great surprise for your break! 😁 @ZombieMetroAnt

I keep seeing this all over the place - although I'm skeptical, I would be open to try this in the summer when it's nice & hot! sun.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

It's called Jamsu and you dip your face in water after you've put on your make up! 00000000.JPG   

Spoiler
Masterminded by Korean beauty buffs, this revolutionary trick—called “jamsu,” which roughly translates to “diving”—involves coating your freshly made-up visage in baby powder, then submerging it briefly (15 to 30 seconds) in a bowl filled with water. Supposedly, this works similar to baking in that the baby powder and water work together to lock in your makeup, preventing it from melting off or fading (plus, it gives your skin a matte, oil-free finish—and who doesn’t want that?)

According to cosmopolitan.com, jamsu was widely introduced by a Japanese beauty blogger, and quickly picked up steam in Korea over the makeup-melting summer months. It has only just begun to gain popularity stateside, but the response has been largely positive. (Beauty blogger Beauty Vixxen tested the trick and, after getting flawless results, decided she was “in love” with the simple hack.)

Though we’ve yet to try jamsu for ourselves, The Today Show’s Emily Slawek tested the trend to amazing results. Some have found that translucent powder provides better results than baby powder—which, after submersion in water, can leave behind a pale film—but all in all, this hack is one to keep.

That sounds like a headache waiting to happen.  

I saw the picture and immediately thought of waterboarding. 

"Give me your makeup secrets!" Smiley Tongue

Buzzfeed's Ladylike did this. Interesting video they said it helped, but it wasn't worth the pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZJjXBDKh8

I've done it sans makeup - best cure for puffy face - and it may not be the most pleasurable thing but, c'mon, it doesn't hurt that much -and I'm a sissy- Smiley Very Happy

You're funny @DaintyDiva Heart I wonder if that's why Joan Crawford did this every morning?  00000.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

That's probably the reason, I think it's the oldest trick in the book.

More recently I read on 'Persepolis' that her granny (the author's, not Joan's. lol) used to do it daily, but to the breasts, so it never succumbed to gravity. That, however, is a bit too much for me Smiley Very Happy

Huh.   Interesting.   Y'all can try it first and let me know how it works.  Smiley Wink

Jamsu literally means diving or being under water.... seems like it's about to get a whole 'nother meaning! 

Ok... which one of you did this to your poor boyfriend?

IMG_7444.JPG

It means she's trying to give you a heart attack! Don't fall for it. 

Is that girl crazy?  I always "unbox" when the hubby isn't there so I don't get the stink eye or all the questions that come with it:

- how much was that?

-what do you use that for?

-How many lipsticks do you need - you only have one mouth

This lil' boy does a perfect reenactment:

badass-babies-thug-life-42-587f7a05e2e8c__605.gif

OMG!   My hubby says the same things!   "You only have 2 eyes, why do you need so much eyeshadow?"

OMG - Lol!   I doubt my husband would know what that means, either! 😉

LOL!! The only one interested in watching makeup unboxings at my home is the cat! Smiley Very Happy

@angel7594 My cat used to jump into the box before I got a chance to take everything out. Once she was in the box there was no way of getting her out of it unless a new box arrived.

@trishavt, Cats and their box obsessions, lol! The Sephora boxes are the size most loved by our cat. He gets upset if we try to move or recycle them. He is a box hoarder! Smiley Very Happy

LMAO! Omg.. I can't help but laugh, that's so weird.  If I asked my bf this he would probably laugh at me and say no thanks baha. @shimmerbait

i apologize for the face spam.

so, i'm glad BT expanded the photo limit before i had deleted *all* of my old photos because i'm deeply amused by how much we change in what feels like such a short amount of time.

i discovered BT in the spring of 2014. i'd been growing out a shaved head since mid jan (enthused by my newly acquired hair, i'd bleached it).  i think this photo is from june or july.

prettybare.jpg

so it's been 2 and a half years and i feel like the world has been turned on its head. and yet...here i am, sitting in the same chair i was the day i stumbled upon BT (at the desk on a slow day at work). photos were taken in the exact same spot, too.

glasses.jpg

if anyone else wants to share old BT photos vs. a newish one, i'd love that ! i thought of starting a thread but wasn't sure if anyone else was interested.

@jemly

You looked lovely in 2014, but who knew you could top that in 2017?

1 Reply