Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@veronika23 It's really nice! I tend to prefer iridescent to holographic, but I still like this. The interior looked really nice and like it was very good quality. 

I think it was samtian that mentioned in the fragrance challenge thread that she has all of her samples organized in a train case. I think that that's an excellent idea - and I certainly have enough to fill a good portion! For now, though. I don't know if in the long term I will have enough to justify the $$$ on this one. And I say that because I tend to prefer to see what I own. Otherwise I don't tend to reach for it (but it's simply impossible for me to be able to see everything I own. There's just too much lol)

Do you have a use for it?

@LibellulesI think I prefer iridescent to holo as well.  Really depends lol. Thanks for your thoughts!  Do I have a use for it??? Yes and no lol. I mean I'm always out of room and re-organizing and it be nice to have another to store items I want to keep but don't reach for.  I have an old school MAC one and a regular black one that needs to be fixed.  Just real obsessed with the holo, iridescent, opal, oil slick, etc right now 😄

Ooooh an oil slick train case! I'd hate if I bought this one and then they came out with an oil slick one @veronika23 😄

@Libellules  hahaha yeah I think I would hate that too 😄

Nope....(Although the first girl actually looked really good!)

I wish Sephora would host a Beautytalkcon. I'd be totally down. Brand panels! Fun classes like "Drunk Telephone" except it would be more like "Draw names out of a hat. Take two shots of 151. Wait 15 minutes.  Do your partner's makeup in 10 minutes or less." Winners win a deluxe sample. Hot tub heart parties in the hotel rooms!  USA or Canada, makes no difference to me where it's held, I have my passport for a reason, right?

That would be so much fun @shimmerbait! I'll bring the booze 😛 

GUYS IM SO HAPPY.  I was creeping the Reddit makeupexchange subreddit as I usually do, and I saw someone listed a bunch of amazing stuff, including a Surratt 6-pan eyeshadow palette! I asked for the colors and to my surprise, it contained Truffe, Cuivre, Haute Chocolate, Marron, Fee Dragee and Tyrian! Aka it included four shades which I've been waiting to come back in stock for AGES.

She also had a barely touched Kevyn Aucoin SSE in SX03.  She sold both the palette and the SSE to me for $60 shipped, I could've cried! The deal was just too good for me to pass up.  I have now reached my makeup-spending threshold for the month of January so I'm not allowed to buy anymore!

@sabrinas that's awesome!! i had a few good swaps this week on MUE for things i've had on my wishlist for months, i love a good score!

I couldn't find the thread that has funny Sephora website errors, but this made me laugh.  "Eye Remover Swabs". 

image.png

Just what someone with pesky extra eyes in random places needs!

Now...Just have to find someone with that problem...;)

When did Sephora become a purveyor of torture devices or medical supplies? 😂

So I was looking for swatches of the new Pulumpragious nude lip treatments.  Glamglows marketing for a lip plumper seems like it could be taking the wrong way. 

I wonder why Sephora is not using this on their product page. 

Hahaha so.. uh I want to look like I've been punched in the mouth? Is that the message here? *cringes and puts wallet back*

Doh. Maybe they can do a collab with J* and his poorly-named blue lippe...

Oh... I mean I saw this image yesterday but I didn't notice the boxing glove the first time.  Yowza.

For anyone looking for a new lip balm, I've actually found out that the Tokyomilk lip elixirs are really, really good!  Not only do they work, but they also taste delicious.  I have two of them that I found at TJ Maxx for 1.99 each, and I love them! I apply at night and wake up with supple, happy lips.  Oh and my lips still taste sweet in the morning lol.  I also love Jack Blacks lip balm, but that's my day time one! I find that the Tokyo Milk is more rich and good for night time 🙂 

@sabrinas I have the TokyoMilk Dark #42 Femme Fatale Lip Elixir -- La Vie en Rose -- and I love it, so much more than I imagined I would a floral-scented lip balm. Great quality as well.

Not at Sephora though, I found TokyoMilk has other, non-"Dark" varieties. And I picked up Let Them Eat Cake. It turns out to be my favorite lip balm ever, and it came in this adorable box:

tokyomilk ltec.jpg

Which kind did you find at TJ Maxx? Definitely going to stop by there this weekend.

A little goes a long way so the tins last forever.

I love them. I just can't open the stupid tins.

testing