Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

So true about the jade bracelets! My mom has been giving me jade bracelets since I was a baby. Once in college, I tripped and fell, landing on my wrist and breaking my jade bracelet. I was otherwise fine, which led my mom to think that my bracelet saved me from a serious injury. 

OHH I like this one better, so my breaking the mirror stopped an even worse thing from happening!! Thank you I will stick to this thought hahah. 😄

If it's broken don't you need to buy a new one anyway? Haha. 

A request to my fellow US BTers:

I won the Edward Bess IG giveaway like many other BTers did. Now their Customer Service informed me they can't ship to Canada but if I can provide them with a US address they will send it there.

Can someone from US  help me with it? I can get it sent to you and you kindly ship it to me. I'll reimburse the shipping cost through PayPal before you ship it my way, and will be very thankful for the help.

It isn't a huge bulky package but just two little products shown in the spoiler.

Spoiler
IMG_5016.JPG

@fatimamummy @Anewxa Glad you both found someone to provide an address! I was going to offer mine, but then I figured that they might find it odd that I am having some winners send their prizes to my address, especially since I also won so several would be coming to me, lol!

I'm SO SO SO happy though to see that several of us from BT won!! We all deserve a prize now and then! I thought it was best to tell you guys since only a few people had entered, and some entries weren't even valid lol! I knew we could do it, and we did! Can't wait to get the stuff since it's my first ever EB stuff.

@sabrinas Looking at the comments on that giveaway, I was thinking atleast half of the winners are from BT 😄

Thank you for thinking about us, There is always someone ready to help at BT whenever need be.

If anybody else needs help forwarding a package, PM me! (:

The very same happened to me, they asked me for a U.S address due to "customs" regulations they can't ship these to me. 

@Anewxa Did you find someone to help ship it to you? If not I'm more than happy to help.

Yes @Samtian I was able to provide an address to family in U.S but thank you kindly for the offer!! 😙

@fatimamummy Has anyone responded to your request? If not, I can forward your package to you.

Thank you so much @txcatx ! You are a sweetheart. I am sending you PM .

A while back, I purchased salon sizes of my favorite shampoo & conditioner from Sephora. They arrived with the lids not screwed on well, and about 10% of the product had leaked all over the inside of the box, wrecking a makeup brush in the process as well. Sephora had great customer service, and shipped out replacements.

Unfortunately, the process of cleaning up all that product did not go well for me. I'm a little scent-sensitive, and all that exposure made it so I was nauseous whenever I used the shampoo/conditioner. So, up on the shelf they went.

2 years later, I still can't stomach them.

Luckily, our local neighborhood recycling committee just put out notice of collecting for various women's and homeless shelters. Mostly unopened hotel sample sizes, but, two organizations will use large, opened bottles.

I made the donation today:  two bottles of shampoo and two bottles of conditioner (all salon-sized Bumble & Bumble thickening). It feels good to get them off my shelf, and I'm sure they will be appreciated.

My department is moving locations so we are cleaning out our offices. My male coworker saw my Sephora Monopoly sitting out this morning and immediately asked to buy it. Sure, I bought it 5 years ago and it's still wrapped in cellophane, take it! Now he has it displayed like a trophy and is telling errrrrryone about it. He's so excited to play this weekend with his daughters. 

That's really cute! I'm sure they will have a lot of fun 😄 I have to remember to play with mine more often. Next girls night!

I'm very pleased that SR luna and UFO oil are being sold in 0.5 oz sizes separately. I would probably just buy the power couple set if I needed to restock on luna anyway but nicer on my budget and these oils last me a long time.

I saw this ad in the February issue of Cosmo. Does anyone else think that this looks like a trademark infringement on Sephora?

chapstick-ad.JPG

they definitely appear to be trying to scale up the perception of their brand.

"subtle design choice. not-so-subtle intention."

Don't think theres any infringement but The black and white stripes are kind of random to me and don't fit in.

I looked at the photo before reading what you wrote and thought "since when is Sephora selling Chapstick?" I think that proves your point! 😄

testing