Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Awesome! Did you win anything?

Yeah, they sent everyone who participated a tube of the eye shadow in one of the existing colors, but myself and the other winner got two eye shadows, an eye liner, and a highlighter. 

This morning I was driving along on my way to get my haircut. I started thinking about lipsticks and which one I'd wear today. Suddenly...panic, I drove past the exit I needed. haha Oh and I also forgot my wallet! 

tumblr_n6piluBPUn1qa70eyo1_500.gif

Me at 2 AM.

I love this! Love emerald green dresses!  What movie is this??

it's my favorite movie! i love lauren.

@wheeeee,

"How To Marry A Millionaire," with Marilyn Monroe,

Lauren Bacall, and Betty Grable.  🙂

T/y! @tsavorite

These old show romances always end weird...

90% of the movie everyone focused on a 'issue/plot' and the last five minutes the male/female lead, who havent said much to the other the entire movie, suddenly look at each other, kiss and wedding bells!

baffling.

I've been thinking lately about how my consumption of beauty and fashion impacts the environment-- how we (I) throw our (my) money at disposable clothing, the latest makeup trend, etc., and companies continue churning new and over-hyped crap out to us faster and faster without concern for energy costs, pollution, or that their product will inevitably end up in a landfill. I need to become a more conscientious consumer. Anyone with me?

I have been recycling since the single digits age.  I think everyone in my enclave does, too, since everyone puts out the bin. That is my contribution. 

Disposable clothing employs the poorest in third world countries.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect.  The world/life just wasn't meant to be. 

I always wonder how tarte cosmetics can be considered cruelty free natural brand  when they are touting their use of Amazonian clay. Does the extraction of the clay not damage the environment and harm animals? That's my random thought lol

I'll join you in makeup, I'm supposed to be on a no/low buy anyways. As for disposable clothing, I don't do that, in fact some of my favorite things I've gotten from consignment shops and vintage stores! Older clothing is just made so much sturdier than new stuff, especially denim. Some jeans today feel more like sheeting than denim! Since I take good care of my clothes, my vintage things last forever and if I tire of them, I can always take them back to the consignment store and someone else can love them.

Everyone needs to try the new wet n wild gel lipliners.  i can't get over how great they are!  I'm wearing one alone all over my lips and its matte but not drying.  Full pigment color and does not budge!  I'm actually so impressed with this, it's my favorite lip product i've used in a LONG time.  I can't wait to go buy all the shades.  There's not enough of them, but I want them all!

People keep talking about David's Tea and we don't have any in Portland so I looked it up please help I want all of it this isn't what BT is supposed to tempt me with. 

With all the Seinfeld memes and tea talk, it comes full circle. This tea sounds amazing and I want a cup so hard right now.

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 9.33.45 PM.png

@alexasteph  I think they ship to the US. They do have some good teas. Don't think I tried that one though 🙂

@veronika23 I saw they do have a few stores in the States, mainly on the east coast and the closest one to me is in Seattle. I'll have to place an order after I get through some of what I already have.

edit: please remind me to read all the replies before I stick my nose in. Came here to mention Teavana. Oops, already covered.

@alexasteph  David's tea is very good, I think that it is better than Teavana. I have quite a few teas from David's and love how close it is to my home. 

However, Harney & Son's is hands down better than any other tea store (Sorry to the hardcore David's Tea lovers.)  They have an online store and I recommend them. 

@darkiceis I haven't heard of them either! I will check them out!

6 Replies
testing