Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@Anonymous I do it with my empty jars mostly the glass ones. A few days ago I washed and sanitized the pump bottle of mini Tatch serum. I am using it to store the serum left from the Farmacy Brightening mask to use later on as mentioned by @Mochapj .I was a bit concerned if pump is fine to reuse, now good to know I am not alone 😉 If my product goes bad someone else's will go bad too 😂😂

Anonymous Insider

I was very thorough about cleaning it out, first with water, then soap, then alcohol, then water again and then dry with hairdryer on cool haha. Don't think yours will go bad though! I mix products all the time 🙂

I cleaned with water then soap and then air dried. Note to self : Next time use alcohol as well 🙂

@Anonymous I've never done it with pumps (but thanks for the great idea!) but I do it with putting foils in clamshell packaging and dropper bottles 😉

Anonymous Insider

Droppers! I hadn't thought of that 😄

I hadn't thought of that, but great idea!

lavender evvvverything !

i took the day off and it's raining out. i am burning a lavender candle (lavender, black tea and lily to be exact), have lavender lip balm on, and spritzed some jo malone lavender & amber cologne on my wrists. so blissful. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

My favorite is Aveeno Positively Calming Nourishing Body Wash with lavendar + other scents. I literally take 30 min showers sometimes because of it 😄 😄

It just dont get more random than this...

My car battery died of old age, so I got a jump start and took it over to the local Goodyear for a replacement. 

As much as I know companies need to diversify.. The two glass tower displays of SEACRET beauty products for sale are just not jiving for me.

Where'd you get such lovely skin? Oh, at my local mechanic garage!!

Receive two orders from Sephora. One had all the samples replaced but with good samples! 

I got the Neogen Dermalogy Bio peel - it was oos so I'm happy I got it. Plus a card from Perricone MD that included 3 different samples. And the Estee Edit glowing balm. 

I bought the L'Occitane almond duo last year during the VIB sale, but just used it tonight since I had some other lotions to finish up first. It smells great and the pump is awesome (much easier to do with lotion hands than squeezing a tube) but HOLY GLITTER. I feel like instead of going to bed, I should get dressed and hit the club. Hoping some of this wears off before work tomorrow...

There are currently only 5 sample options on the US site. How weird. o.O

My random beauty thought...I have been using a lot of concealer and brighteners on my face lately because I have been staying up too late!! I'm glad the World Series will be over tonight, but come on Indians...we need this!!

It's funny around here in NE Ohio. We don't know what to do with ourselves because we have teams that are actually winning for once! Very good problem to have. lol  🙂

It's such an exciting time here!!! 🙂 And loving this weather although I know it won't last.. 

Ahhhh the weather!! I can't believe it was 79 yesterday and 76 today!! It's like Mother Nature is giving us a great big hug.

Have you been downtown to public square?! I went to see the new park last weekend and it is wonderful! I'm not sure what is up with the huge birds everywhere, but some guy said they change the statues every once in a while.

Wonderful time to be a Clevelander!! 🙂

It's just so nice to feel the sun, I'm so happy 🙂 I haven't been up to the new park yet, I'll have to check it out soon! Haven't seen the birds either.. Clearly I should go into town more lol

14907600_10209818612813573_6035920556803042200_n.jpg

I'm not sure where to put this...(I don't think there is a "Happy Beauty Surprise" thread?) I placed an order from BH Cosmetics and I knew it was going to be delivered today but I forgot that I had it sent to work instead of home. I just opened it now and it totally brightened my day! I bought the Foil Eyes palette (this was on the Temptalia list of the best palettes of the year) and the Galaxy Chic palette (haven't even swatched it yet but I like the way it looks in the package) and the mini pink kabuki brush (so tiny, so cute). With a $25 purchase they threw in the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies palette for free. So it's basically raining eye shadow over here :).

The Galaxy Chic palette is one of my favorites. So many gorgeous colors and a great value!

I'm glad to hear you like it! I was a little worried about the quality since I've never purchased from them before. The colors are so pretty and unique! I showed it to my 16 year old and I think she'll be happy to take it off my hands if I don't like it 😉

foundation random thoughts !

i've rekindled my affection for NARS all day luminous weightless foundation. i know it gets mixed reviews, and i sometimes question NARS' wisdom in releasing a foundation that has such a steep learning curve (if you don't use it as intended it really can be a disaster). but i remember when it came out watching all these official NARS videos and tutorials, and so i felt lucky that the how-to for that foundation was really seared into my head.

i found a DS of their light optimizing primer in my foils/ds stash (score !) so i thought it was a good time to revisit this foundation. i like it better than ever. one pump / one drop is key. blending with fingers in sections on your face is key, too, as it sets quickly. and the past week i've found it really does stay all day ! and the coverage is amazing.

i remember i "moved on" from the foundation because i was craving a foundation with a creamier texture (i can't explain it, but it had something to do with skin comfort factor). i think i'd also kind of lost touch with how the NARS foundation was supposed to be used so i wasn't getting the best results from it. but i'm in love with it again, now. i'm happy to declare that this foundation as well as my GIVENCHY photo perfexion fluid foundation are my 2 favorite foundations, i get everything i want and need from these two.

back in august i got the new HOURGLASS stick foundation and was touting it as possible a new HG for me. i'm still impressed with it, but found my daily results with it to be inconsistent, so i became a bit disenchanted.

SO....if anyone bothered to read all that (ha, don't blame ya if you didn't)....anyone else have this sort of experience ? like: i rediscovered you and you are so much better than i ever realized

When a brand surprises you. I've been trying a few liquid lipsticks, mostly the brands that everyone raves about (kat von d, colourpop, etc) but my favorite ended up being smashbox. They always struck me as a company where I might like their stuff, but it'd never be a favorite type thing. But their always on matte lipstick wand is by far the easiest shape for me to work with, and I enjoy the formula (maybe because I don't have to keep going over in new layers to fix mistakes, making things clumpy). It stays nice for hours and doesn't turn my lips into raisins. It was a nice surprise.

testing