Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I agree - that is shady!  I hope no body actually falls for it.  😞

WOW and the seller even covered the code to make it seem like it's a unique one-time-use code. I hope nobody falls for this.

Wow, that is really absurd. I am always amazed at what some people will try to sell.

It's disappointing. The code isn't unique, but I don't think a person who comes into a store without a card or tries to make a purchase online with no rouge status will be able to use it. It feels like a scam. Someone is going to see this and go "Hooray, 20%!"

I agree, it is very disappointing....and dishonest, in my opinion. @vegchililover78

Guys, I depotted two UD vice lipstick samplers into their new homes!! I'm waiting for their permanent home (a small z palette) but I finished transfering them to their new pans and melted them down! Im bummed out that some got bubbly but whatever its ok lol! The white pan is a lip balm i melted down as well!

IMG_9675.JPG

@sabrinas ok this is even more epic! I like using these MUFE palettes so much better! I like clear cases and didn't want to buy the MAC palettes, even though those pans fit so well. I'm not a fan of Z palettes either so this is just perfect. Thanks for the great idea! 

@sabrinas those came out great!

Wow @sabrinas Those look so awesome and neat! They look like you just purchased them like that.

Thanks for sharing @sabrinas 

Definitely going to use this for my other lip samples!

Thank you for the inspo @sabrinas! I have some empty mufe palettes and a half melted Tom Ford Drake lipstick that needs to be depotted after it melted in my car this summer 😕

These are amazing @sabrinas. And you only needed two samplers to make these?

This looks great @sabrinas!

Holy these looks so amazing! I tried to do one with one single shade and it looked worst than my sht so mission abort for me 😛

@sabrinas These look great!  I used a MAC palette with plastic pan inserts, but melting the lipstick in the metal pans just looks so much nicer!  Well done! 🙂

Looks good! 🙂 I love the MUFE empty pallettes, they are really good quality for a dollar each!!

They look so good, i'm so paranoid to do mines.  I want the best way. 🙂

Where did you get those little pans from?

@darkiceis Theyre from tkb trading! I got 25 of the 15mm pans 🙂 i also melted down the lipsticks on a hair straightener! I placed the pans on foil and then on the hot part. Im sure you can put them all in the oven at once as well.

@angel7594 Thanks! They are temporary, but handy for now!

Those look great, and the pans are a much better buy than the ones I got. 15mm is slightly smaller as well. I was hoping to find smaller ones, will have to buy some.

A poster on the next page mentioned using a wax warmer, sounds safer than the stovetop method from the video I watched.

That's kinda scary on a hair striaghtener, i'd have a fear of it spilling onto the straightener. 

@darkiceis Yeah i actually have a crummy old one which i feel bad getting rid of since it still works (just not as well). I wouldnt have done this on my good one! I dont recommend that to anyone lol!

testing