Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Yeah, I was hoping to grab a farmacy item during the sale, but it's not there. Hope they come back.

Yup I hope so too. Alternatively some of the Toronto locations carry the brand, just in case the restock occurs after the sale.

@fatimamummy I think it could be a repackaging, but also when I was at EC today I noticed they are now selling the sheet masks individually (which they didn't before) so I wonder if they are getting new SKUs for price increases...

ETA: I just peeked at the US side and all the products are still there.  It might be worthwhile to reach out to the brand - that's a lot of stuff to stop selling suddenly.

Yes that's what I think @Mochapj In the morning I just noticed Masks disappearing from my basket but all this stuff gone actually indicates some change in price/packaging. I may contact the brand through IG and CS though.

@fatimamummy, if you hear anything decisive, let us know!

i recently favorited the exact same item i already have in my favorites list (when i went to farmacy's main product page to look at another item, my HG wasn't hearted so i got confused), but then went back to my list and now there is one that shows "in stock" and the other as "out of stock." so i have two of the exact same item on my list that show a different status. not sure if this helps, but my guess is they're repackaging. 

While I was on youtube, on the side bar it recommended me to watch some Sephora Epic reward unboxing - I went down a hole.. Don't want to rehash any negativity as we all know it was disastrous, but there was a silver lining, it brought me to beautytalk ๐Ÿ˜˜

As I was trying to watch the video - didn't watch it - I remember in vivid detail when the rewards "went live", what I was doing, where I was, and who I was with. It's weird that certain things trigger memories. Oh the memories... ๐Ÿ˜‚

When did Hourglass start selling all their Ambient Lighting shades in a mini size?  

It used to be only Dim Light!  I know the cost breakdown is bad...but I am still happy because I have wanted Ethereal Light and I can't justify a full sized powder right now.  Also I love using Diffused Light which I have in the edit palette but it is so inconvenient to pull out that whole palette for that shade when I want to use it.  A mini size of that would be great to take on the go.  

I saw them in store last night was thought it was cute lol. Ethereal light is nice, a mini would be justified.

I figured upcoming Halloween parties would be the perfect time to experiment with some of the more dramatic K-pop eye makeup looks (particularly CL of 2NE1, who has incredible eyeliner game and many YouTube tutorials dedicated to achieving her aesthetic). Boy, am I noticing how many certain looks look amazing in selfies but terrifying in person! But I guess that's good for Halloween.

So kinda cool, Julep named a nailpolish after me, and I got a free one for being their muse for November's Wonder Maven. It's supposed to be a neutral sand gold holographic glitter, so I hope it actually performs well!

Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-10.50.47-AM.jpg

So gorgeous! It looks perfect for the holidays 0:-)

Amazing! It's such a pretty colour! 

@kbmatthews, first congrats! That is pretty cool. Second, what is a Wonder Maven if you don't mind me asking.

@NancieNano Thanks! It's their term they use for an individual they're featuring/drawing inspiration from. Customers are called Mavens, so I guess they're playing off that?

Every time I see Wonder Maven, I start singing Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman. I cannot sing either, so it's not a pretty sight.

Congratulations! That's a beautiful shade ๐Ÿ˜„

That's awesome! Congrats! Super pretty shade!!

How cool is this! Congrats KB!

Congrats kb! How exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

KB!  That's so cool!  It's so great to see you around again.  I hope you're doing well!!  

Thanks! I'm hoping to pop in a little more now ๐Ÿ™‚

testing