Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@StephaniLynn ah. haha I saw that click to find retailer and laughed. I was all...I have one functioning eyeball with the blurriness of the other messing up my vision and I can still see on the product picture what the brand is.

so after not being able to access BT for a few hours because of DYN server hack, i got sad. SO ! i thought i'd give some proper random beauty thoughts:

• i've rediscovered my love for BITE 'sake' lipstick
  • in fact i've rediscovered a lot of things this month so when i do my monthly favorites there will likely be a lot of repeats / older products
  • found a sample of ex idolo "thirty-three" perfume (an aged oud & rose concoction) and i'm obsessing. i've never found an oud scent that smells so fresh. there's almost a metallicness to it which makes me think of blood. it instantly shot up my to-get list (helllooooo christmas list !)
  • i can't wear sunday riley's luna oil regularly, but if my skin is in a trouble spot, and is having difficulty getting over a "hump" to feeling normal again...this solves it. this actually has been a theme for a lot of my oils lately: luna, REN vita mineral omega oil, tata harper replenishing nutrient complex....it's like skin first aid
  • i discovered that the FIRST ingredient in the bobbi brown corrector is petroleum. um, no thanks. 

I'm debating if I should order the black eyelash curler from the Shu Uemura x Murakami collection, but really want a good freebies promo. I only really want the curler to collect dust with the gold one I have... Also, the last time I ordered from one of their collections, shipment took forever and CS was no good about it. I want that flower mirror though! 

Decisions, decisions.  

This collection is coming to Sephora so I'm assuming that would include the lash curler if you want to hold off and order from there instead. 

Thanks for letting me know @kso1225

I see it's available on the Canada site, not US... I would purchase it in a heartbeat!

I didn't realize it was up on the Canada site already.  I'm pretty sure it's coming to the US site too, but I'm not sure when. New stuff pops up on Tuesdays & Thursdays and if I see it, I'll let you know.  Sephora and Amazon have both made me so impatient when it comes to waiting for shipments from other sites.

After watching the debate tonight I feel like I need to gather up some of my treasured pretties and have a group hug. Ugh, my stomach is knots. I've never felt this way before because normally I'm not a very political person. This election though...ugh.

I'm not really a political person either, and have never watched a presidential debate. I did just watch this one though b/c it was held at my school. Lol.

Any know that feeling when you have seemingly never ending lip products, yet somehow don't have the particular shade you want for the day/outfit?

Did anyone else get a derpy Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette? My bark and eggplant shades are switched. I don't mind, I'm just curious.

When you have to sneeze in the middle of putting on mascara. IMG_1062.JPG

Not sure if anyone follows Loryn Brantz, but she has amazingly hilarious cartoons.

This was posted on Facebook the other day. upload_5560187382468222903.gif

This is me at least once a week!  😄

That happens to me all the time! So frustrating!

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot apply the DE c-firma serum on my forehead, it makes it break out. But I can put it every where else on my face!

combo skin, you keep things interesting

Did anyone else pre-order the Storybook Cosmetics want brush set?

I'm totally geeking out!

I was in Ulta today trying to redeem the coupons - unfortunately they had none 😞 But the ladies behind me in line were so funny. I think one lady was taking her friend shopping for makeup brushes. She pointed to the real technique miracle sculpting sponge (the magenta one) and her friend said "What is that, a butt plug?" 

I haven't seen the new sponges, but omg, now I can't stop thinking that...

Lol that's hilarious!

😂😂😂

Oh so that's what they're actually for....

@lisainprogress This story actually made me laugh out loud. Now I'll never look at the sponges the same way...

testing