Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Good to hear 😊

I got chicken pox twice and spots in this pic look like chicken pox. But did you check his mouth, legs & tummy yet? If it speeds out then it's chicken pox. It starts as a bum, could be itchy and once it's opened/ water broken then it speeds out really fast. If it's chicken pox then He needs a lot of rest, taking cold med, taking warm 🛀 and drying body completely with clean towels. Normally, doctor has to give him antibiotics. Other than that, there's nothing else he can do. Chicken pox spots need to be dry and clean all the time so he needs to avoid hot, warm, windy & humid weather. I got vaccine twice and still getting chicken pox. That's why I don't trust any vaccine anymore. It just makes me and my kids really sick.

@fatimamummy, chicken pox usually starts on the scalp and spreads down the body, and is normally accompanied by a mild fever. I know that's not super helpful, but it's all I can remember from Medic class right now.

It doesn't really look like chicken pox to me, but that's coming from someone who has never had it. It looks more like skin irritation or at worst, hand, foot and mouth disease. My son has had HF&M multiple times (thank you, daycare) and it usually starts around his mouth/face and spreads to his trunk. Each case has been different though, since it ranges in severity. 

Good luck! Hope he feels better!

Oh no. Is he perhaps allergic to something? Does it itch or irritate him in any way? @fatimamummy

Poor little guy!  😞  My first thought was also viral like Hand Foot and Mouth or Chicken Pox,  but I am no medical professional.  Keep him hydrated and watch for high fevers.  Good luck!!!

Thank you @Tamara76 

@jadeann @jozkid He actually had the hand foot and mouth disease last year so I am almost certain it isn't that was more like swollen rashes and was in his mouth as well. Right now has only what you can see in the picture. I am letting him sleep with it and will see if it pop up somewhere else in the morning. It is the thought of Chicken pox that is scaring me.

My first thought was chicken pox, too. Although if it's around his mouth, could it possibly be a reaction to something new that he ate?

My twins had hand-foot-and-mouth when they were babies and kindly gave it to me. As I recall, the blisters occurred more in the mouth than around. And my hands itched something awful. Ugh, kids getting sick (especially on a holiday weekend) are the worst. Hope this ends up being something easy @fatimamummy.

@fatimamummy, does he have these spots anywhere else on his body or in his mouth? It could be hand, foot and mouth disease.

I had chicken pox as a kid, before vaccinations were used? It looks like chicken pox to me, I would email the dr. Is it anywhere else?

@jen81 I had chickenpox as a child and the thought of my kids going through that horrible thing is startling. Right now it is just at the area shown in picture no where else on face or body.

I had chickenpox to, not the funniest. I hope it isn't chickenpox! 

Ok, I am no expert or doctor, but the first thing I would check for is chicken pox.  Ten percent of those vaccinated will still get it...I found that out the hard way with my son.

My son also got chickenpox even tho he is vaccinated.  But he had just a few on his back, and Im not sure I think its chicken pox, are they usually that red?  

@meganlisa Chickenpox were my first thought as well and just the thought of it is too scary as all three of my kids are under 12. Should I wait to see how it turns in next day or two, or email this picture to my Dr to consult? I just don't want to interrupt her Thanksgiving ☹️

@fatimamummy It's been a while.  I'd google chicken pox and see if they can turn dangerous.  I'd also email the doctor.  Most chicken pox in kids is fairly benign.  But I'd keep your kids away from others until you know.

The doctor should take a look, thanksgiving or not.

@meganlisa That's one of the reason I am concerned. I don't want to send him school if it is anything catchy.Tomorrow is a holiday on Canadian side, If I see anything change I'll email my Dr for consult. Thank you🙂

@fatimamummy Good luck!

Thanks! 

Fixing to start my diy UD lipstick palette.

Tips? Tricks? All suggestions are welcome lol.

So I got some really really bad new for Sephora...

I started my new job 1 block from one of your stores.

That means I'll be seeing you at 4:30pm Monday-Friday, we will get to do mini-facials together every day now, and I'll browse all your products and then buy online.

Let me know if you want me to start bringing my own jar for all the samples I will be requesting. And I *will* be requesting.

On a side note!

I was there yesterday for a mini-facial and the SA said the oddest thing to me! I made a comment that I had a few blemishes on my face and she started asking about my... period. Now I am not embarrassed/ashamed or whatever.. but HUH? when did that become a *thing* that you could ask strangers about? I'm getting crotchety in my old age, I guess.

testing