Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

hahaha @niki172 that's alright! I laugh at that stuff too... I don't know how to act my age 😄

It's okay @veronika23 - we can not act our age together. I'll watch like Family Guy and laugh so hard at a fart joke that I'm crying. My husband just stares at me like I'm an alien - or an idiot 😄

hahahaha @niki172! I am with ya! 😄

Today is my last day at work... I resigned for a new job that starts Thursday. Why is the last hour the most painful..I wanna get ooouuuttta here!! Hehe  

This is beauty related because my whining is making my eyes water, which could ruin my mascara. 😛

Good luck at the new job!

Good luck at your new job @Insomniacmuffin!  

Me again!

Currently depotting eye shadows. I've started working on my Smashbox Master Class palettes, bh Carly Bybel and Lorac Unzipped. The Smashbox pans come out super easily but removing the adhesive is a pain. The Lorac pans are a pain to remove (especially without heat) but removing the adhesive is a breeze. The bh was ok but...pans aren't magnetic. Boo! 😩

The Smashbox Art Love Color palette, while super pretty, is just super messy to me. Will be happy to have them all in one place!

@k617 I feel your pain about removing the adhesive! I just got my first z palette yesterday and went a little crazy with the de-potting. The adhesive got everywhere, but it is so worth it to have all my eyeshadow singles in one easy palette.

@Kelizabethr07 I think I will only depot the one Lorac palette, and finish depotting my Smashbox palette! My main goal was to depot all the Lorac into one palette, but they are SO SOFT and crack super easily. I wrecked a couple of shadows that I was able to press back in the pan with some rubbing alcohol, but it's still a pain to have to do that! 

I'll still be happy that my Smashbox shadows will be in one place, the original packaging was so clunky and not travel friendly. 

For the first time in forever, I washed my hair yesterday with clarifying shampoo (Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo, nothing fancy) to remove hard water build up, then followed with Ouai's Treatment Mask. Got my hair wet enough this morning to use my regular conditioner and all I can say is WOW! That stuff really works!

Not sure if the clarifying shampoo or the mask did the bulk of the work, or the effect is really a combination of the 2, but my hair is soooo soft. I try and take good care of my skin but my hair is neglected for the most part (only regular shampoo/conditioner) so I'll have to add this to my routine as a weekly step!

The water where I live is hard, hard, hard. I get scum/deposits on my freshly cleaned bathroom sink after just 1 day! Special filter shower head isn't really an option since the bathroom fixtures are all custom non-standard and modifying would cost $$. Added water softener to our home improvement wish list but those things aren't so cheap!

That's great! Love it when that happens. I think the ACV shampoo is a gimmick, though. It is so much cheaper to just use a homemade bottle of ACV diluted with water. 

@rydia I didn't choose this particular shampoo for the ACV aspect, I chose it because it was one of the few clarifying shampoos that was also sulphate-free 🙂 Bonus, it was only $7 which costs only a tiny bit more than a bottle of ACV here and no need to worry about storing outside of the shower!

I'm the same way. I neglect my hair (only use shampoo but it's davines and my hair feels good though). I have some hair masks in my stash maybe I'll go use them!

I went through my Sephora faves list today, as I like to call it my wish list. Thought I deleted a bunch of things. I went from 14 pages to....14 pages. 😞

Sephora accepts paypal now?  It came up as an option on the mobile site.  Pretty neat! I've seen this request numerous times from various customers.

Things I like: Clinique foundation prices.

Things I don't like: Clinique foundation shades.

Has anyone else installed the sephora emojis / stickers on their phone?  I am having way more fun than I should be with these!  😄

Sephojis(1).jpg

Sephojis(2).jpg

I guess I am late to the game.....but, I just downloaded these this morning when I happened to go on my App! 

super cute!

I didn't even know about these until now! They're too cute - the girl pointing at her big zit is cracking me up 🙂 there's an emoji I can really relate to hahah

These are so cute!

I downloaded this today and am having wayyy too much fine with it too. And it has sephora gifs lol

testing