Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

YAY!!!! Good for you!!! 😄

Congrats @Insomniacmuffin!!!🤗

I wanted to share this with anyone who might be dealing with cystic pimples or under the skin ones with no head.

Recently I got a MASSIVE one my nose and it was horrible. Perfectly round, right on the tip of my nose, super raised, and super red.  I could see it almost all the time, sitting on my nose, just from looking straight. It hung around for over 2 weeks and as usual none of the products I had on hand worked, so I did more research on the acne sites I've been frequenting more lately, and came to this solution: Epsom salt.

It has to be pure magnesium sulphate, so don't try to use the fragranced Epsom bath salts which may irritate your skin. I dissolved a tablespoon in hot water, then dipped a washcloth in the water for a hot compress on my pimple for 10 minutes after cleansing. At the end, I also applied a thin layer of the water on my nose and let dry. I did this for 2 nights, and on the 3rd night, after cleansing there was a little piece of scab/loose skin on the pimple which easily came off and then the pimple started to drain... after gently encouraging the pimple to drain all the gunk out, I slept with a hydrocolloid bandage on the pimple overnight and the next morning, the pimple was almost completely flat. Then I apply all my other skincare as usual.

I'm amazed at this because NOTHING has ever worked so quickly. Usually even the pustules I get (has a head) do not drain on their own, but this one drained with ease...

Why does this makeup in ears thing keep happening???

I'm being a thread hog today..

I don't wanna brag but.. I'm a genius. Yup - a fruitin' genius!!!

I was putting on my Ole Henrickson 3-step mask, during step 1 I was complaining in my brain about how I hate touching it, and especially despire wiping off gritty/textured masks and how it falls in my eyes, falls in my nose (defying gravity!) and usually ends up in my mouth.. then, a flash of brilliance!!!

I have these silicone face scrubbers.. and used it to scrub off the gritty layer of mask.. VOILA! the longer silicone bristles pick up and trap all the beads/salty thingies, leaving only liquid layer remaining. No grit in my eyes/ears/mouth/nose/ears/etc.

You are welcome World!

Spoiler
 gritty.jpg

genius.jpg

Random - I just told my hubs that I have 1519 heart.. and he was all impressed. Didn't have the heart to tell him that's baby-sized compared to most on here.

(didn't have the heart.. I'm so Punny.. hehe)

I told my fiancé when I became a Hall of Famer and now he won't stop calling me that when I talk about BT or makeup! Hahah! It's fun when they show some interest in our girly stuff 💗

picgifs-hearts-9460196.gif

picgifs-hearts-4906624.gif

@Insomniacmuffin, here's a heart to help you on your way 🙂

I found a free adult coloring book with makeup images! Just put Real Techniques Coloring Book into your search engine and you should be able to download it for free. Otherwise, go to the Real Techniques website, click on the blog and put coloring book into the search. The pictures are very pretty!

https://realtechniques.com/blog/2016/03/01/de-stress-get-creative

I love adult coloring books! It's very therapeutic. Thank you for sharing one with makeup images!

That is awesome!

@Crazy4Sephora1 would you mind adding a link. I tried to get this to come up but I'm obviously not doing something correctly. Thanks!

@NancieNano Here ya go!

http://realtechniques(dot)com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Combined-Book-Document_reduced.pdf

Thank you @poohblueberry!

before and after ? one just-about fully used up NARS contour blush, one new one. i love finishing things but almost feel like i'm betraying an old friend when i move on ! 

olympia.jpg

I think I need this in my life, it looks so lovely. 😍

@angel7594,  

I sense a Nars Contour Blush  "Olympia" Fan Club starting up here!  Thanks to @jemly!  😉

@tsavorite, Definitely! I keep forgetting to look at this in person. Hopefully I will remember next time.

I agree @tsavorite. I've added it to my loves. @jemly you deserve a commission!

I love this duo! It's so great and natural looking

1 Reply
testing