Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Glad I could help 🙂 

summer allergies? too much to drink? early morning alarm? having to listen to bs? IDK I find this image very relatable 😜

There's so many things I could lable this like "waking up from a colonoscopy" or "my God your breath smells terrible".

hahaha "waking up from a colonoscopy" is perfection

Poor girl looks like she is about to sneeze - the photo does not do her justice - she is so beautiful!

@niki172,   This is an awful photo!

@tsavorite - exactly! Kind of reminds me of still from a low budget gross film on one of the movie chanels - like "Bitten by Love" or "Debbie's busy day" - those aren't real titles BTW. I just can't cause it's Natalie Portmann - come on she totally deserves better! Dior dropped the ball on this one.

@niki172,  Yes, that is a terrible way to treat your spokesmodel!  It's gross!

And it's probably really hard to take a BAD Photo of Natalie Portman!

I'm pretty sure this is mid-blink or pre-yawn. Someone needs to have a talk with the art director.

ok a few properly random thoughts:

1. i'm doing a massive cleanout / overhaul of my entire apartment (very small space, shocking amount of stuff i'm discovering). i've been going for a few hours and i'm still in the "bring all the stuff out of the hiding spaces (closet, cabinets) so it looks like a bomb went off" phase...which is always discouraging. but i have momentum. i've also gotten rid of some makeup stuff too which feels good. though sometimes it's hard to admit "well THIS was a waste of money"...... 

2. i had to run to target to get a few of those cloth storage boxes. so i slapped on a little bit of the NARS tinted moisturizer and a swipe of the DIOR addict lip glow....and i felt great ! two perfect products really, particularly when you are go-go-going, must go out in public and don't really care yet still don't quite want to look like death. i'm pleased. 

3. the latest kimberly clark 'anti-haul' vid (no. 7) is honestly one of the best beauty youtube videos i've ever seen. what an articulate kick-a** person.

I just watched this for the first time, and I am joining the parade of KC anti-haul love. That was so great.

"Too far? That was too far wasn't it?" 😄 I'm dying of laughter here! Thanks for posting this @jemly Ive heard so much about her but never watched one of these anti-hauls. She has a new fan, can't wait to watch the rest of them. 

@jemly Agree with everything you said about Kimberly Clark. It's so freaking refreshing to hear these issues acknowledged. 

Out of curiosity, what was some of the makeup you got rid of/considered a waste of money?

@TKLJ almost entirely liquid lipsticks that i've had for over a year that have seen better days. i don't typically throw stuff out...i like to give things to friends who would love them more than i (this doesn't happen much either as i'm so selective of what i buy and keep my collection relatively small). but year+ old liquid lipsticks ? nahhhh.

Off topic, but this is the first time I have seen a Kimberly Clark video... LOVE!!! I will be watching more of this youtube channel... I laughed along AND agreed with many points... thanks for posting 😄

@jemly,

Thanks, I enjoyed watching this again!

Love Kimberly Clark!  🙂

I like this video. I think Kimberly could talk me out of anything.

I need a friend like Kimberly to follow me around while I shop and to not-so-subtly encourage good spending practices.

@Gwenhwyfar yeah ! not only do i love her particular reasons for saying 'nooooope', but i really loved her discussion of gay cis male misogyny while discussing JS....

Totally! I really appreciated that. And thanks to you for sharing the video!

How therapeutic!  It feels so awesome to clean out the clutter!  I've never done a complete clean out in one shot before, but can relate to the incredible amount of stuff that seems to collect in small hidden spaces.    

1 Reply
testing