Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Lol!  Breakfast of champions!  🙂

Gotta start the day off right!   A margarita gets you fresh fruit and vitamin C!  

@angel7594,  Funny!  And Ouch!   🙂

@tsavorite, I would have to pass on that offer lol!

I have so many neutral eye palettes that I LOVE, but recently I've been addicted to using my bronzers has eyeshadow.  Just a wash all over the lid or just in the crease and keeping all my makeup very simple and glowy.  Emphasis on the simple.  Eyeshadow was taking too much time in the morning!

But now I'm feeling real guilty.  What do I need all these palettes for!  And when i think of a couple weekend trips I'm taking soon, I can't see myself taking a bulky palette with me when I could take one multitasking product!

Anybody else get a survey from ULTA re their new higher tier program with a $1200 spend?  The survey was basically 12 different combinations of benefits that they are considering for perks at this higher level. Included was earning points faster, pick your 5X day, earn points for reviews, point multiplier or free in store services, special closed door promotions, various permutations on free shipping, earn points for participating in social media, either a deluxe sample bag or $10 gift certificate on anniversary day and some others that I'm sure I forgot. Oh, also, it solicited names for this new program.

Sign me up!

i got it too. going through all of those combinations was making me dizzy! i wish they had just listed everything out and let us order them in importance to us. 

That would have been so much easier! It reminded me of being at the eye doctor: 3 or 4? or is 2 better? or maybe 1? ugh 🙂

LOL, yea i had to go back and forth several times because i wasn't sure about what it showed as the best pick at the end. i went into that survey not expecting to have to concentrate so hard!

Ulta never sends me emails 😕 but this sounds interesting! The new tier does sound like a big gap from platinum but I guess if they are gonna make it worth it it's ok.

Anonymous Insider

Everything but the $1200 though 😞 That seems to be a big gap between Platinum and the new tier, especially considering there aren't that many high price items at Ulta (at least compared to Sephora)...

@Anonymous, I totally agree with you! There aren't that many high priced items at Ulta that I'm able to get. (Some of the skincare is a bit pricier but most of it is stuff I can't wear.)

Anonymous Insider

Yeah, most of their higher price items are skincare.

I have two guesses as to why it's so high:

1) This could also be a way to drive customers to the salon, since one color appt generally costs around $150-200

2) They're looking to expand their selection to other high end cosmetics lines

Did anyone else get an email from Ulta with a survey in it? I'm in the middle of taking it right now - they're talking about adding another level to Ultamate rewards ($1000/year spend). They are showing different combinations of benefits and seeing which one people prefer.

Yes.  I honestly don't think the extra perks are all that special given the $550-$1050 spending gap between the current and proposed new tier.  They are proposing point multipliers when there are already many point multipliers throughout the year, free shipping at $25 when their shipping is so slow and I usually spend $50 anyway to get beauty breaks, events when I rarely go in store, etc.  I like their current program, don't get me wrong, I just don't think their new level of perks is so great that it will make me want to spend enough to get to that tier.   

I totally agree. I will never use the beauty salon, so I completely disregarded anything that had to do with that, and the other things (anniversary bag of samples, pick your 5x points day) were nice but definitely not something I'd spend another $600 or whatever to get. I'm happy with what I spend there now and their current rewards program. It was kind of interesting to take the survey, though :).

Yep, I just finished mine and above listed all the benefits I could remember.

tbh, I can't really imagine any benefits that would make me want to spend $1000/year at Ulta. That's not meant in a mean way, but there are some things I buy at Ulta and some I buy at Sephora and I feel like I'm just about maxed out at both of them. 

That being said, I never thought I would spend $1000/year at Sephora, either, and yet here we are. 🙂

I like the points= money thing, and anything that gets money faster is just fine with me. I actually do spend $1000 at ULTA anyways so it will be nice to get more rewards. The free shipping perk will be nice and I'd certainly get caught up in the lots of small orders like when I was Rouge.

this very sweet woman just asked me what the "beautiful eye makeup" i was wearing under my eyes and i had to explain to her that i actually wasn't wearing eye makeup today--that it wasn't eyeshadow or liner--but that my sleepy under eye circles are just *that* dark.

pandaeyes

It's my birthday, WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super happy too because my boyfriend and his mom got me gift cards to both Ulta and Sephora, they're so sweet! I love that my boyfriend appreciates my hobby and what I like, whereas exes and some friends tell me that it's a waste of money, pff rude.

Now, what to buy?! Lol... Hmmmm.

1 Reply
testing