Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Me too @jen143xo I don't know how but initially it worked on iPad a few times but after that I am back to the same old problem and can't make it work on iPad โ˜น๏ธ

Anonymous Insider

sorry no clue ๐Ÿ˜ž i doubt it though because you can't hover with mobile

OMG ! @Anonymous You solved biggest problem of my BT life. I was like giving and taking back heart to a single post multiple times.

Anonymous Insider

Yayyyy I'm really glad I helped at least one person, it's been bugging me ever since they changed the feature months ago...

It would make much more sense if you tapped on the heart icon and it showed a negative heart if you'd already hearted something.  I feel like I'm constantly taking hearts away and giving them back.  

I know. I hate it too and complained about it many times lol.  I liked when you could see the check mark. Made it easier to know what you read and where you were in the convo, etc.  I want the old way to come back lol

Yes! It is so irritating. I have wasted so much time trying to remember where I was in a conversation. I also feel bad if I have taken away hearts unintentionally. ๐Ÿ˜ž

OMG yes!

I dislike the heart system, personally.

@Insomniacmuffin Is there some reason you don't like hearts feature? I think it is a wonderful way to appreciate and acknowledge each other's contribution.

@fatimamummy I have found that when I, or other people,  post an opinion or comment that is.. less that universally popular, shall we say.. that there is this sudden rush of hearts being dropped as if, I'm guessing, people take the time to go back and unheart historical posts in order to 'punish' or otherwise discourage non-majority opinions. While that is someone's prerogative, go ahead, it smacks to me of a way to use the heart system as a bully/clique method of keeping people in check.

Whoa, I haven't noticed that. It is surprising that someone actually take back previously given hearts because they don't like anyone's one post. 

I like the system in that it gives you acknowledgment that your comments have been read.  Other than that, it's just somewhat of a gauge of how active you've been on the boards.  I'm not sure who that matters to though.  

Anonymous Insider

I also use it as a way to monitor if someone responded to my comment (because there's no notification system on here -_-). I wish this forum just ran like other boards lol

Ive lost 60+ lbs now, which is great, but all of my clothes are starting are starting to hang off me. Looks like its time to get some fashionable belts.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Anonymous Insider

Congrats!

Definitely pick up some fashionable belts!!!

Congratulations @Julia526!  That's fantastic. 

Congratulations @Julia526!  Do you have any tips that you would like to share?  That is such awesome news!  I've discovered that there Really Is something called a Carbohydrate Addiction, and I have it!  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Cut out the soda. Ive been soda free for a year now, sometimes i will have sips, but rarely. Dont try any fancy diets and pills, in the long run, they will do more harm than good, so just keep your goal in mind, and faster than you know it, you will have lost weight.

@Julia526

Thank you, encouragement helps! I'm really very happy for you about your progress.  The important thing is to be healthy.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous Insider

Congrats!!!! That's amazing!

13 Replies
testing