Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

@aliciamt Toronto location is scheduled to open in September. For now @dioradict hooked many of us with a wonderful SA at Vancouver location for over the phone orders. Do you want her contact info?

@fatimamummy Yes please!

i recently got an angry cystic zit on my chin. and i dealt with it as i do, and *that* one went away, but from it's ashes grew a cluster (proper surface pimples, not cysts). i never break out like this anymore--my routine really works for me !!-- so i did panic a bit ! 

yesterday, i figured out why 1. most of the spots had not gone away and 2. it was "spreading": it was the caudalie detox mask i was using in the area to spot treat. my skin just doesn't like it. (i'm sure it works for some, i like caudalie as a brand, in theory, but their stuff isn't always in sync with what my skin likes). i ended up cutting my near-empty tube of PIXI glow clay mask, applying it to the area, and it quite literally ZAPPED everything. it's been 24 hours since this "ding ding ding" moment, and of course there are still marks left from the spots, but no pimple is still 'active' (swollen/red/leaky). i can confidently say this PIXI mask is THE BEST CLAY MASK i've ever used. 

I need to try that pixi mask! I have been getting some random breakouts lately, though I am not sure yet what cosmetic product is the culprit. 😞

Crap.  I rushed to make an order on Ulta and forgot Ebates 😞

Anonymous Insider

Frustrated. On a trip, decided to try out eyeliner samples. Got the Mufe aqua eyes sample, but it's so soft and I forgot to bring my sharpener! Also brought the Marc Jacobs Highliner gel crayon, but that one is dried out. what the heck smh

Am I the only one who is turned off a product because of the name? Not in the Nars risqué way but simple names that just sound odd to me and make me cringe a little. For example, two very popular, loved products that I just can't get behind are the ABH Glow Kits and some of the Kylie shades that end in the letter K especially Koko K and Candy K. All these products are beautiful, especially the highlighters, but I am not interested in the slightest because the name feels odd for me to say. Glow Kit just sounds very unappealing to me-I think it's because of the addition of the word Kit lol I just realized typing...maybe it's a problem with the letter K lol 😄

WHATISEE.jpg

That annoying feeling of waiting for your current order to ship because something new came out and you're afraid to place the second order cause they'll both get cancelled.

Spoiler
56179-cat-on-keyboard-typing-gif-hI43.gif

It looks like the kitty is working to find those magical promo deals! 😄

I haven't tried it before, but just purchased Kenra Professional moisturizing shampoo and conditioner from Ulta's liter sale. Hope I like it! If not guess my mom will get more goodies next time she visits.

I don't have any It Cosmetics but there's something very soothing about watching when it's on sale on QVC. I have it on right now and I'm not really paying attention to it but I like just having it now and looking up every once in a while. For some reason I always like watching when Wen is on sale too. (Don't use/buy Wen either. Just find it very relaxing.)

dd2417c2da9e42d639dd27a6bea1c6f4.jpg

My random beauty thought today, while shopping for a new lip gloss! 😄

I really like this! 🙂

My number one beauty goal right now is good skin, I have been adding a salicylic treatment lotion to help clear up my skin, it has which is awesome however the past month I have been getting some really bad hormonal breakouts. For one week I had about 6 cystic pimples. Its so frustrating when all I want is good skin. IDK if I should change my eating habits... I do eat a lot of dairy and sugar(coffee habit). Or if I should seek a doctors help.

Im not pregnant so its not like I have a natural hormonal change going on.

Someone at work recommended a book that tells you how to "eat" to clear skin so maybe Ill check that out.

@kateye7  I hope by now your face is better, but I have found that probiotics really help me and my kids with their skin.  Even a prepared water kefir drink will work (Whole Foods and other places sell them.)  But, you have to drink them every day to see a difference.

@kateye7 Have you been using the salicylic daily?

I've noticed in the past when I use something too often occasionally it causes these sorts of cystic bursts.

If I dial it back a bit my skin usually goes back to normal.

Yea but its only 0.5%. I started it in the past two weeks, I have noticed since using it the amount of cystic pimples I get are down currently I have one.

Probably TMI below so I am putting a spoiler.

Spoiler

Do you notice any pattern when you get cystic bursts like if your stressed or TOM(time of month) or ?

I think I am concerned with why I am have such a long active flare up, I would normally get them(1-2) during TOM but I have missed my periods the past couple of months since going off Birth Control.

@Mochapj

@kateye7

Spoiler
i went off b/c last year and my skin went through a roller coaster of lots of cystic acne for about 9 months.  I'm talking like 10 different outbreaks at a time and as one disappeared another would come up.

This is apparently quite common, but if you find it persists more than 6 months, I'd suggest getting your thyroid checked.  

I did find salicylic more beneficial for dealing with cystic than say benzoyl peroxide, but with too much SA I found my skin got too dry and then overcompensated by producing more oil and the cycle of breakouts would continue.

i can't really comment on my occurrences re: TOM as unfortunately I still haven't gotten mine back after going off b/c.

hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me 😉

Thank you for letting me know, I am glad I am not the only person going through it. I will keep an eye on it =D

I had saved a DS of a Dior mascara I knew I loved already forfeiture use (haven't actually purchased a full size yet). I wanted to use it today and it had dried out!! 😤😭

testing