Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I hoard makeup from sephora - I thought that was my only addiction till i came across... crafting. I dont even have time to do any crafts, but i have spent +1800$ in just clear stamps, stencils, inks, mediums, paints, watercolours, inks, sketchbooks, brush pens, charcoal pencils, pens LOTS of pens and...80+ washi tapes.. omg. There is more. I got the entire line of Dylusions ink sprays and paints.. ENTIRE line. Im not even a crafter. fml. The struggle is real. 

I would be Rouge at Michaels...

I like pens too. 🙂 

don't cry,

Spoiler
craft.
Spoiler
SORRY

I went through something similar when I started painting. Michael's and Hobby Lobby became my new go-tos for shopping. I even had to buy a new storage solution for all of it!

Im in need of a storage now.. I currently have all my crafting supplies in big cardboard boxes. lol. Michaels is my new bff. . . so many good deals and plus you can stack your codes = love affair! I have never been to a hobby lobby before - is it just like michaels? @BaseballMommy

@kromance Hobby Lobby is what Michael's would be on steroids. The painting selection is very similar in both, but HL just has so much more stuff...decorations, tons of wall art, organizational items, decorative knobs, even some small furniture. It also has frequent coupons like Michael's. If you download the app, you get a 40% off one item coupon immediately.

I like Michael's for my painting supplies because I can go in, get what I want, and leave. HL is where I go when I want to really browse and fine something creative/different.

Anonymous Insider

Totally agree.  I got into soaps to make guest toiletries for a rental, started making them for Christmas gifts, and then got asked to do it for a baby shower.  The encouragement from others just got me more interested in learning new techniques and with those came new ideas and the realization, I needed more tools and supplies!  LOL  It just keeps going.  Now I want to make candles cuz my dad and I burn a lot of them.

@Anonymous, soaps, eh! Thats interesting. I have a friend that is into making soaps, scrubs, facial creams and moisturizers etc. I love when shes in her festive mode because i get a lot of home made goodies! haha

I bet candle making is so much fun too! Home made candles and no more going to ikea to buy bulk would be nice! lol. Perhaps one day i'll venture into that side! 😛

I gained considerable weight over the last three years due to certain medication and mobility restrictions. I was a bit uncomfortable about this unexpected weight gain. I can't control it through workout due to posture restrictions. Around 8-9 weeks ago,I started a low fat, sugar free (excluding random bites once in a while) meal plan and I have lost 10 pounds during this period. It is so satisfying 🤗. I still need to loose another 11-12 pounds to bring my BMI in the normal range but I am very hopeful. Our Ramadan is approaching so hopefully I'll shed a little more over next 4-5 weeks.

It felt impossible to do when I initially started but I am very happy because it is actually working.

Just wanted to share it with my BT buddies 😃🎉🎊

Amazing! Great job..keep it up 🙂

That is wonderful !!!

Anonymous Insider

So glad to hear that your doing well with your new meal plan!  Good luck and keep on going!

Thank you @Anonymous

Kept forgetting to post this before, but a few days back I suddenly noticed my status change into "Hall of Famer"! How did that happen? It seems like yesterday that I found BT. I have known some awesome people here and learned a lot about skincare and makeup. In fact, BT made me start wearing makeup! 🙂 So, thanks everyone for all your warmth and loveliness! Keep rocking! xo

I wish we could comment on people's product reviews. It bugs me when I'm reading reviews and it's not a review of the right product (eg. Josie Maran tinted moisturizer vs. non tinted... I've read 3 reviews posted in the last few days who are complaining about the tint on the non tinted product page), or if they leave a bad review for a product that is definitely not right for their skin type (example: "This does not work for oily skin, it made me oilier!" when the product is specifically for dry skin), and the one that irks me the most is when it's not a product review but a comment on availability (a 1 star review because a product is OOS or something that's initially for VIB/Rouge before it's released for everyone). 

I use product reviews heavily if deciding to purchase something, and I just feel like this takes away from the user review process. If a product truly has bad reviews, I want to read those bad reviews, it doesn't do me any good if a review isn't even for the right product or the person shouldn't have been using it in the first place. This is where the comments would come in handy. I want to so badly sometimes just say "Hey, maybe you should try this other product from their line that will be better suited for your skin type," which would also helpful for anyone else doing some product research. 

Sorry, combination of a random thought/rant/beauty pet peeve, but this is something that crosses my mind more often than it should!

Plus it'd be nice to be able to ask for clarification. Like when a brand is known for having products of the same variety(like eye shadow or lipstick) that have vastly different qualities across different shades and finishes. If a person comments "lasts forever, no ugly fading" without saying which one, I want to know if it's the tame matte pink doing what would be expected, or if the brand has a miracle preforming creamy dark purple. Or if someone says "It's great for my skin" I want to ask what kind of skin they have. "Perfectly moisturizing" someone with oily skin probably won't do much for my dry skin.

I wish Sephora would somehow overhaul reviews in general. And I say this as someone who has written over a 100 so I would be sad to see them go (I really, really want to get one of those "Top Reviewer" flags near my name someday!) but the process needs to be fixed. I looked at the ABH Modern Renaissance palette reviews today and there are handful of reviews of people just asking when/if it's being released in Canada. But at the same time they're rating it with 4 or 5 stars so, really, it throws off the whole rating system. 

Exactly! Product reviews aren't meant for things like that. Do these people who ask questions like that as a review check back regularly to see if there's been a response?? I doubt it (there wouldn't be one anyway, it's not a comment section like a YouTube video or IG post...) It doesn't do anyone any good to leave a "review" like that.

I love doing a good RBF (resting **bleep** face) beat face. I'm still trying to figure out the contouring on my bone structure since I've not had much practice with it, but I surprised myself today. Just little bits at a time, little bit, blend, little bit, blend, then stop! lol many times I've gone too far and then the contour looks splotchy and too far down.

Excited to get my first real facial next Saturday 😄 

testing