Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I find the whole Ariana Grande in what I've always considered a fetish mask thing really odd in general.

I love the song that she's promoing with it, which surprised me, but I agree. It's a weird image. I get what she's trying to do (in the whole, "I look 15, but I'm not! I'm a sexual woman too!" thing) but it still gives me an uneasy feeling.

She's not my favorite thing, so I basically roll my eyes at everything she does.

Ever since the whole licking/poking donuts & saying she hates America/Americans-- not a fan at all. 

Same here. 

91sn32Q.jpg

I'm there, too.

feel you

I have never been someone who's liked wearing color. But I was watching the Young Wild And Polished Makeup Mayhem palette video and she opened the Morphe 12P palette.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Bought it right then and there online and I love it. This is the first time I've ever used colorful eyeshadow and the first time I've ever owned colors like this in makeup. I used two round e.l.f. brushes (white Professional Blending brush and large Flawless Concealer brush).

IMG_20160522_181355.jpg

Wow, @36524!!!!   This is gorgeous!!!!!   Kind of reminds me of the '80s - lol!

Thank you! Reminds me of the 80's, too. Lol the color and strong brow and hard liner.

I love this look! 🙂

Thank yooouu!! It's a surprisingly wearable look that incoorporates lots of color, and you wouldn't even need to use half as much framing liner as I did. Lol

This is absolutely beautiful, I love the look you have created!!!!

Thank you so much! I think it's a popular rainbow eye, but I really like that it's a lot of color, but it's somehow still controlled and even a little reserved.

Oh wow, I love this!  Great look,on you!  Your blending skills are magical

Thank you so much! I actually think my blending got a little bit out of hand between colors, but at least there isn't a harsh line. Lol

I'm going to have to disagree with you and trust me, I hate conflict.  Your blending looks so beautiful and seamless, softly going from one shade to the other. 

Wow, thank you, I feel utterly flattered! Maybe it's my OCD personality that's so rarely satisfied with something I've done . . . I don't really feel like the "Rouge" makeup person I'm labeled as, either. lol

I am seriously impressed with the mini Lancome palette that we got as a sample a while back in 110 Chocolat Amande 😮 It's sad that I used to discount the little babies thinking they couldn't possibly be good for more than 1 use but I am happy to be wrong in this case. 

Recently went on a trip and wanted to pack as light as possible so I scoured my collection for minis of everything and I came across that Lancome palette. I opened it, swatched it and was blown away with the color payoff! I love it so much it is now a staple in my makeup bag along with the mini Hourglass Dim Light. 

I hope more minis come our way! The mini Becca Opal and NARS Orgasm are great travel companions too!

This is sort of beauty related.. I should be working on my final lab report for my lab class but I continue to browse BT ans Sephora.. Not good!

A few things...

This weather. Where I'm at its been raining for the past 4 days and is supposed to for the next 2 days. I'm getting super stir crazy and antsy. Plus I get a migraine and frizzy hair when it storms, so thats cool.

Relationships. Boys. Its all so stupid! My last relationship ended August 2015 and I'm just not finding a guy for me. Seems the only ones I find aren't interested in a relationship. Sorry, not really beauty related, but it sure is stress related for me!

I just want to whine. And cry. And stay in bed.

testing