Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Paula/her experts have some specific things they mark products down for (like containing alcohol, or certain essential oils like lavender(?)) that not everyone cares about, and also for not living up to the claims on the packaging.

So, I would totally believe that La Prairie is not worth its sticker price in terms of effects, but also it may just be specific things that Paula has decided are bad without an industry consensus on the subject. This is why I would never recommend that someone look at her ratings, even though Beautypedia can be a great resource for ingredients lists and sometimes even general knowledge. It's important to actually read the reviews to see why she's rated a product badly (and it's almost always badly, soo...), because it may be for a reason totally irrelevant to you.

I agree with you, all essential oils (like rosemary which is an antioxidant) give a product a bad rating but products with added fragrance don't seem to bother her too much. That logic baffles me. I am a firm believer of if it works, use it. Unless the product contains a universally hated ingredient. 

Going to try the Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 for my milia. I don't think I've ever not had milia . . .

I'm also going to try the Resist 1% Booster now that my skin has been pretty steadily balanced and regular. Always dealt with so much acne and cystic acne in hormonal areas of my face I didn't think I'd be able to ever work towards a clear face.

Oooo lmk how that works out for you. I have some on my cheeks so I'm trying the SR Luna/Good Genes combo... If it doesn't work, I'm trying microderm. 

Firstly, luuuuuv LSP. ohmahgawd

Secondly, I have Luna and like it, but I've got oily skin that can go oily/flaky. Personally, I've used up a good amount of my Luna, I just don't think my skin likes it as much as it likes vitamin C and antioxidant sheet masks. I do really like hyaluronic acid and fermented skincare to keep my face acidic. I also really like the Hada Labo Alpha Milk, which has retinol in it. 

Blah, anyway. I've just decided to go with the strong stuff since my undereyes always get milia and my skin is most affected by hormones. I'll definitely update, though, I've never tried any Paula's Choice before.

If you want these lumps... 😄

So Luna didn't help with your milia at all...? I have oily combo so I hope that doesn't make it less effective. I heard good things about the BHA but for texture on mature women. Good luck! 

It's kind of hard to say, I don't feel like it blew me up with anything bad, it didn't create more, I just don't think it was that effective for me. But I don't know. I find my skin builds up immunity to almost everything after a month of regular use, my skin isn't what I would call sensitive. Lol

I feel like I have moderately sensitive skin, but like you, it also builds up an immunity after a month. 

I've only been using it for about a week, so it's really too early to say, but I think I do like the 1% Booster. I use 2-3 drops with various serums and I think it has been causing my skin to do a bit of the purging thing around my chin (oiliest), but I think I've already noticed fine lines under my eyes and smile lines looking less pronounced. My milia also looks less raised/white.

I've also been using the Turbo Booster CPowder for the last couple days and I really like that, too, but for red acne scarring. Vitamin C makes my skin radiant and my undereyes less dark.

.s 

Heart party for @Blackwhiskey started in the lounge!!

Wow, that is ALOT of hearts and so well - deserved. You always amaze me with your looks

Hoooorayyyyyy!!!!! 😁 💟

@Blackwhiskey - 🎈🎉Woo-Hoo Girl!! 🎊🎈 Congrats! You earned every one. ❤

Yay!

Anonymous Insider

I just gave u one more!

I have so many lip products that all target in at around the same shade, in trying to find my lip color in a tube, but they all go too "bright" pink, or too orangey. It's the dumbest, pickiest thing ever, but a sheer, comfy matte would give what I want.

On the other hand, trying on all my lip products, I found Starlooks Tender Gloss in "Puzzy" and Chosungah22 Flavorful Lipstick in "Golden Peach Tea." Love both of these!!

"Puzzy" actually is a gorgeous sparkly peach hue, which can be slightly built up, and the Chosungah smooths and gives even less of a tint, but wow. Now that is a good-smelling lip product.

I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen.

testing