Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Anonymous Insider

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I had a colleague/friend in school who did this all the time. He was a very smart graduate student in engineering and did most of his thinking on the floor of his office. 

So I guess it works!

I don't even know how it started. I think it may be my dog's fault because I lay down next to him when I think a lot.

It makes good sense.  I mean...if you're on the floor you don't have to use as much brain power trying to keep yourself upright.  You can focus completely on your train of thought with no distractions.   

I feel like a mega weirdo when I prop up all my new purchases for a Hauls photo.. my fiance always catches me and I feel so sheepish. But.. methinks I need to up my weirdo ratio and get on your level. 😄

Lol, my boyfriend is laughing at me as I am about to take a picture of my ipsy bag. He asks why are you doing that, doesn't everyone get the same thing? 😂

But, but...people could get different things... and there's something to be said about having buddies to compare experiences with those same products😉.  

Lol, your explanation is better than the eye roll I gave him 😁

I mean ipsy is the one  box where people usually do get very different things, since they have like 40 choices every month. So it totally makes sense!!

I wish I had girl friends who were savvy with makeup and fashion.

I feel you. I have a friend I always used to go shopping with. It was great, we knew each others styles, had similar shopping times, could always rave together and consult and new looks. Sadly she moved to a different country, and while I love all of my other friends, none of them have been able to live up to this. I've started getting more of them into makeup, but they're still taking baby steps. It's hard to rave about UD's new lipstick release and how cool it is that they lowered the price to $17 when they still consider buying a few Wet & Wild lipsticks a splurge, and a magenta lipstick to be a wild color. 

Everyone has their own tastes and enjoyments, we all get along great on other things, but sometimes I feel like I'll explode if I don't have someone to rave to, and shopping trips are either lonely if I go on my own, or make me feel bad for dragging other who clearly aren't interested in while they make faces at the prices.

You have all of us!!!!!   

My my girlfriends have become increasingly more interested in makeup over time.  Mostly my fault so I guess I'm that girlfriend! though it would have been super nice to have someone to give me pointers in the beginning.  Oh well. 

Thaaank you, hearts!! Of course all of you are the go-to experts, it just would be fun to have someone to go shopping with, someone to go out and try new things.

I was never into clothes or makeup until late college days, which is when girls just were very annoying partiers all the time. lol And all I did was eat, practice, and hang out with my boyfriend, so . . . kind of missed the time to make good friends. My boyfriend and I go out, but we've been long-distance for 3 years abd I only see him once a month.

Trust, that's not the time to make your good friends.  That's the time to meet your shallow and fun friends.  They're awesome but they don't stick around for the most part.  

There are lots of different interest meetup groups here in Vancouver (hiking, kayaking, running, mommy etc...). I would check out your area and see what's available.  It's a little nerve racking meeting complete strangers at first but it's also soooo beneficial if you're feeling super lonely and don't know where to meet people.  If you don't find a meetup group to your tastes you can always start your own and see where that leads.  

100% random thought haha

Might just be me, but it seems like every brand is releasing/just released a new concealer soon. KVD, Too Faced, Tarte, MUFE, ABH, Amazing Cosmetics...

😁 Just noticed something in the sale section that tickled my funny bone, wondered if others have seen it too. Hope this hasn't been discussed already. I know I've seen this item many times before, guess I just didn't focus on it enough.

It's ITEM # -1479112 - SEPHORA COLLECTION - Targeted Eye Remover Swabs...........

EYE REMOVER?? 😨 Be afraid, be very afraid. 

It really made me laugh, I hope you guys will get a kick out of it too. Wonder if they realized after all of the packaging etc. was done that they had an 'OOPS!' on their hands. But what can you do? Or could it have been named that purposefully?

Not Sephora-Bashing, would have written this regardless of the brand. 

Lol 😂 I  was thinking that mistake has to be why it is now in the sale section.

Anonymous Insider

Lol  Thanks for the giggle 😄

Anonymous Insider

Geez, Sephora needs to put back checkmarks for hearted posts. 

So I haven't been active on BT in quite awhile but I wanted to share this. Makeup CAN make you feel and look like you feel better. I had a Drs. appt. today and both the nurse and my Dr. made the comment that I looked "really really good today." I have some chronic health issues that got really bad over the winter and I'll be honest, I looked like **bleep**. So one day I woke up and decided that even if I feel like **bleep** I don't have to look like it and vowed to apply makeup and do my hair everyday. Have I missed a few days here and there? Of course. But making that choice was one of the best things I could do for myself. It actually DID make me feel better. Not physically but emotionally.  So as I sat there today in that office in chronic pain, I also felt good......about myself. And THAT is a great feeling.  🙂  

Awwwww, sorry about the Blah health.   It really does help to see your own reflection and to not look as bad as you're feeling.  I'm glad your able to have a positive outlook on things.  

Anonymous Insider

Sorry to hear about your pain, but I'm glad that you've found a way to make yourself feel better despite it!

testing