Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

I'll help you get more hearts!!!! I wish I could give you more than one for this post 😊

@angel7594 Lol Thanks! Its only one but makes a difference Smiley Happy

@CRAZY4MASCARA I will give you more!! So many lovelies here have given me hearts and I love giving them too!!! It's one of my favorite things to do on BT 😊

@angel7594 Yes! It's very fun to do! Almost like a poke but not annoying lol

maxresdefault.jpg

This beautiful man will be in front of my face tonight. I'm going to see him tonight for his Stripped tour. <3 I wonder what makeup I'm going to concoct for this special event. 

How exciting!!!! @Blackwhiskey btw I pm'd you 😊

@Blackwhiskey - Color me stupid (or out of touch)...Who is that?

Peter murphy

Yes, unfortunately that happened. Here is an explanation.

It cuts me up to say this, but the Peter Murphy show tonite at Yerberia Cultura has been cancelled.

It is a decision that was beyond us, and it is totally out of our hands. Refunds will be made. If you purchased tickets via ticketfly.com, your refund will be happening over the weekend. If you purchased tickets via Melhart Music Center, you will be able to receive your refund in full at any time during Melhart’s operating hours.Fans deserve to know the reality of the situation, so here it is. The band’s tour management felt that the weather - potential for rain - was going to impose a safety issue for the band. Because Yerberia Cultura is an outdoor venue, tour mgmt felt these needs would not be met. Despite huge efforts on our end to secure adequate tenting, and despite their being *no* chance of rain tonite, tour management made the decision to cancel.The safety of every artist we book and patrons at each show is always priority, but even some demands are unfeasible and, to be honest, totally unrealistic.

The group’s agent, management, and venue staff all tried to make this work, but this was decision out of our hands.At the moment, there is discussion to get the show rescheduled for Fall 2016, however we can’t confirm this will happen. Thus, again, refunds will be made.

Major apologies to all who drove, purchased tickets, or made plans to spend an evening with a legend. We stayed up All Nite Long with excitement, so this is a huge blow.If there are any further questions or concerns, please feel free to message via: yerberiacultura@gmail.com

You may also call 956-605-3344.Yerberia will be open tonite regardless, so feel free to mourn and spit roses with us.

Bummer. 

McAllen - I lived in Brownsville for ten years. I miss the Valley

Well thats a bunch of bull!

indeed. @Samtian the weather is hot, it might be windy but not blow your mic over windy. sigh. i'm so incredibly disappointed but oh well, nothing we can do about it.

That's too bad, @Blackwhiskey!  I have not heard of him, so was looking him up on the Internet.  That tweet was the first thing to pop up.

I ENVY YOU !!!!!!!!!

Eell. I guess his crew just tweeted that the show is cancelled so no need to envy. @jemly

Smiley Sad I'm so sorry your show got cancelled. I was never a huge Peter Murphy fan myself but when I was a young pup in summer theater my crush wore a Peter Murphy t-shirt constantly so I went and bought a bunch of Peter Murphy and Bauhaus tapes (haha yes, TAPES!). It didn't make him become my boyfriend (though we are Facebook friends even now over 20 years later) but I do think every young alternative kid's library should include a little Bauhaus, so I'm grateful. 

I hope your show gets rescheduled soon!!!

My heart is BROKEN for you @Blackwhiskey Smiley Sad

It's basically the only great thing that was going to happen to me for days to come, not looking forward to next week. This would not have only meant meeting the great Peter Murphy, but the energy I would've received from that show would've helped me survive the next two weeks. What a pity, nothing happened, no rain, no harsh winds. I guess they just didn't want an open venue due to vocal reasons? Or maybe it would've been too hot? Who knows. 

Hahaha. Im still debating what to do. I usually teasr my hair when going out but idk. Im gonna do a light wash of brown with plum in the eyes eith eyelinereyeliner and a nude lip.i hope i can yake a good shot. 

I was working a seasonal temporary job. I knew I would be let go this month, but I got the news two days after I worked through text just saying I was "dropped". They could had just told me the last day I was working that I was no longer needed. I heard through the grapevine about it all too. C'est la vie....

Spoiler
Spoiler
I gotta pick up my second to last paycheck this friday and goddammit, I'm determine to use my employee discount at NM. It's 30% off everything  most items. I'm thinking "treat yo self". 

Edit: Thank you ladies for your support <3 It made me feel 10x better and my worries felt lighter after venting. I hope this year for all of you, everyone, to be better and brighter! Also, hope there's some great beauty deals/steals along the way Smiley Wink

1 Reply