Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Jumped on the band wagon Finally! Redeemed some points for the Rouge $100 reward. What to buy....what to buy...🤔 feel free to share your suggestions!

Congrats @sonnydee ! I tend to use mine on things I’ve always wanted to try, or things I’ve stalked for a while. I know lots of folks use them on things they’ve already tried because items purchased with the rewards are not returnable/refundable. I have to opposite mentality. Smiley Very Happy So if there’s something new-to-you that you’ve been stalking but haven’t convinced yourself to buy, now’s the time! 

@sonnydee  woohoo! Congrats on snagging a great reward! I vote for something fun and new like a new lippie or highlight 😇

I feel like I post quite a few random thoughts here, but while researching an upcoming trip earlier this week, I stumbled across the process of how argan oil is made. And if you don't know, it's definitely worth a quick Google search, but you may never look at Josie Maran products the same way again (though it won't stop me from buying them). These argan tree-climbing goats are the first part of the traditional process:

2CEF5985-4D94-4807-96A2-5BD04E06D07A.jpeg

Earlier today, I got a super relaxing facial and massage at a spa. Then while walking to my car (which was almost a mile away because of stupid downtown parking), I passed a juice bar and ordered a green smoothie with a CBD oil add-on because CBD is getting banned from restaurants in various cities across the US but is still allowed in mine, and I was curious about the effects. Boy, the rest of the day has been quite the chill experience.

And now I'm curious about the cannabis beauty products carried at Sephora.

🤣😂 Nice

🤣😂 Nice

Sounds like you had a very nice relaxing day @txcatx!🤗

As I’m packing up and decluttering my house, I’m also setting aside all of my sample/deluxe sized products for my co workers in need. So far I have donated 6 tubs full of makeup, skincare and fragrances. While I initially thought it would be hard to part with these things, now that they’re gone, it feels like a giant weight being lifted off of my shoulders. My house is now a little less cluttered and the products are now in homes where they will be used and appreciated. After my big move, I’m going to make sure not to hoard so many things anymore and to slowly give them away as I get them in order to avoid keeping 6 tubs of samples in storage 🙈

5B159DF2-C33A-441E-AA3A-BFE270A16A70.jpeg

RE: Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Wow! That’s awesome! Lucky girl!

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to...

holy storage! @gonerogue that is so thoughtful of you to donate! glad they went to good homes 😉

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

This is great, @gonerogue! I should do this as well.

@gonerogue thats some amazing decluttering!  I'll bet your coworkers are super happy with their new products! So glad you feel better with the less clutter as well!

@gonerogue  Are ya moving far away or still in that area?

@Samtian 

Still in the area but closer to work. I’ll be able to walk to work in 3 minutes.

Good luck with your move @gonerogue and that’s awesome about the donations! 💗

@gonerogue  Oh thats awesome!

That is so nice @gonerogue!❤️

This is so inspiring!  I really ought to do this as well. It’s such a big an overwhelming task though . Did you do the declutter all in one go or was it a long process? @gonerogue 

@heartsmyface  thanks! It’s something I had been meaning to do for some months now but now that I’m moving, I finally got everything together in one go to just get rid of. I did the sorting in one night and exhausted all my “samples” stashes to get all this done. I ended up giving 7 bins away and saved 3 for myself 😇

When the mister and I made our cross country move, I was the one doing pretty much all of the packing (Well, he did move into my place - which I owned - since he was leasing an apt with roommates and didn't bring much with him other than computer, clothing, shoes and personal items. Furniture stayed with his roommates or was donated/left curbside...)...I had something like 12/14 cartloads of stuff that I took out to the cement platform next to the HOA trash bin where everyone would leave stuff so that anyone who wanted some or all of it was free to take. After the final cartload I left the cart out there too. It's been easier than I expected to refrain from collecting more stuff, we have three times the space in our house that we did in our previous home, I just haven't felt the need to fill every last bit of space with things I don't actually need or even want. Smiley Tongue

If it gets put into a drawer or storage bin and then promptly forgotten, it's going to waste. Sometimes we have a tendency to try and talk ourselves into thinking that if we just made more effort, we'd get around to using all those samples and trials and whatever - hard to do when there's a pile out and visible, but then there's even more unintentionally hidden in different places. The samples I get but didn't choose because they're the wrong color or a type of product I'd never use much less buy a full size of - I still keep them longer than I should...(meaning I should just throw them out upon receiving them with my order, mostly because the kiddos and my niece will have no interest in foil packets or blister-paks of foundation or various skincare foils!) If I wait until I have a large enough quantity of items to donate to the local women's assistance charity, half of it will have passed it's expiration/use by date. I suppose I could start buying more makeup and eventually get around to using my VIB/BI points - I just don't see much that I want to use those points for!

I have told the mister that we will be dying in this house because I do not ever want to go through another move. Not a cross country move, not a two streets away from the present house move. Perhaps it's because I did all the clearing out and packing up, but the whole process was done in a matter of 3 months from packing everything into PODs to listing the house to the close of escrow and our getting on the plane with the dog. Doing it in such a short amount of time was stressful but between job offers and the real estate market, it had to be done that way. Hopefully your move will be less of a pain!

5,914 Replies