Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Project 5 Pan: For Those of Us With Commitment Issues

Hopefully I am not stepping on any toes with the No-buy thread or P10P of the past- but I know I require inspiration to use up long neglected products and have never actively sought to finish something up. It can be thrilling! It's almost as good as buying new product, right?*

Feel free to join me in forcibly integrating products I should probably just throw away into my routine in an effort to finish them off. Pick 5 products (doesn't need to be full size, baby steps) and begin!

My 5 Pan Challenge:

1. Chanel Rouge Gabrielle

2. Benefit 'That Gal' highlighter

3. Glossier face mist

4. MAC eyeshadow quad from circa 1912

5. Dr. Jart Cermadin day tint deluxe sample

(*Wrong)

IMG_1688.JPG

Re: Project 5 Pan: For Those of Us With Commitment Issues

I'm glad I saw this thread as I was just setting aside makeup this weekend that I'd really like to finish in 2017. Makeup is mostly just a fun thing for me on weekends and for special events but when I really looked at how much I've accumulated over the past 3 years I realized I need to wear it more so I'm not just pissing money away. I didn't take pictures but here is the list:

1. Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia

2. Tom Ford Fire Lust illuminator 

3. Mac Studio Fix Powder in N4

4. Mac x Sharon Osbourne lipgloss in Bijou

5. Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer

6. Nars eye primer

7. Samples!

I'd also like to get through most of my Colourpop stuff before it dries out, I already had to toss two of their blushes. Some of this will be easy to get through, and I'm actually excited to use it and add more to the list.

Guys I am so set to use up some of the things in my stash. Here's my list for 2017.

1. Mac Creme Cup lipstick

2. Mac Studio Fix powder foundation 

3. ColourPop UM Clueless

4. Urban Decay Sin shadow

5. Urban Decay Primer Potion

6. Loreal Pore-vanisher primer

7. KVD Light powder

8. Loreal Pro Matte foundation

9. Tarte Amazonion Clay foundation

10. Nyx HD concealer

Hello everyone! I'm posting a one month update for my Project 5 Pan (it was technically yesterday, but I forgot so I'm doing it now)

1. Naked 2 Eyeshadow in my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Naked 2 Intro.jpg

Here's what it looked like when I started...

D109D94E-8EBD-453E-90D4-FC5B5FCFDDB3.JPG

And here's the palette now! I've definitely widened the pan on Naked 2, and I even hit pan on 2 other shades! I'm very happy with my progress 🙂

2. Benefit Professional Deluxe Sample

236A1929-382A-47FD-AB49-D3E61C9AC79F.JPG

The first line is where I started, and the second line is where I am now! There are still days when I forget to use it, but I think I've made decent progress.

3. Benefit Dandelion Blush Deluxe Sample

Dandeliion Intro.jpg

Here's what it looked like when I started (only used a few times)...

FEADA9AD-1775-4DCE-82FC-8DB1691BB9AF.JPG

And here's what it looks like now! I think I'm most proud of my progress on this blush. I've gotten so sick of this, and I wanted to give up, but I've pushed through, gone slightly clown status, and now I'm almost done! 

4. Benefit Benetint Deluxe Sample

24B54022-A360-4C16-9E2E-C1590F10F709.JPG

I haven't made much progress on this product because it was a substitution and I've been doing the "25 Days of Lipstick" Challenge, but there has been a little bit. The first line is when I started (3 weeks ago) and the second line which you can barely see is where I am right now. After Christmas, though, I'm going to put my head down and blow through this!

5. Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Deluxe Sample in Perfect Black

I don't have a picture because I threw it out, but it's finished! It got so short that I couldn't sharpen it anymore, so I called it done. I'm happy that I finished this before the first update.

And that's all! I'll post another update in a month. Happy panning everyone!

Great job @glossyguru

Update: I finished my first item!!! 

The Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner is all gone. I sharpened it for the last time today and put the cap on, but there's so little left that I can't get the cap back off, so I'm calling it. 

I saw this thread and really want to join in. My 5 are:

FAB lip balm (potted)- 3/4 of the way through

Glam glow wet lip balm- 1/4 of the way through (I'm working on finding it...it's lost in my room somewhere)

Korres lib butter in jasmine- 3/4 of the way through but it stays at work so it will take a bit to finish

Body shop vitamin e serum in oil- almost completely full but I really want to use it before it goes bad.

FAB intense moisture cream (potted)- 1/2 through. I really need to use this one up as well before it goes bad. Shouldn't take more than a couple weeks though.

Wish me luck!

Good luck @Draya24. I am sure you will rock it!

I hope you guys aren't disappointed in me, but I need to make a substitution in my project pan. The Covergirl Smoochies Lip Balm turned out to be a total mess. The pigment was good, but it bled everywhere and made me look like a clown. The tip is also breaking constantly and getting everywhere every time I try to put it on. Plus, I'm a lip junkie and I'm seriously not excited to put this on everyday knowing I don't like it. Knowing that it was close to expiration anyways, I made the executive decision to toss it. I hope you guys understand!

In substitution, I'm adding another lip product, but this time one that I know I like: a sample of Benefit Benetint that's been laying around for a while. I can't take pictures right now, but it's about halfway full.

Keep up the great work on your panning ladies!!!!!

I've  decided it is time for me to join in.  Picture is to come since I'm at work, but here are the 5 things I'd like to finish:

1. Hope Renewed In a Jar - This is already 1/2 gone.  I don't love it, but I do find that spraying it on throughout the day helps with hydration.  I'm ready to be done with this so I can move onto something is for similar purposes.

2. Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Foxy - On one hand I almost don't want to put this on the list because when I run out I'll possibly repurpose since it's a spot on base shade for my eyes, but it would be fun to completely finish a shadow.  I've already more than hit pan and need to continue going.

3. Smashbox Shimmer from the Crush on Blush Palette - I've already hit pan on this but still have product around the edges.  I really like this highlighter but I have so many that I think using it up would encourage me to branch out.

4. Radiant Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - I've already used up the other two shades in this palette and have gone on to mostly using a separate Mood Light single day to day.  I'd like to finish this baby.

5.Buxom Full on Lip Polish in Dolly (I think) - Back before I dabbled so much in lippies this was my go to lip product.  It's very much my lips only better.  But it's been almost gone for way too long so it's time to finish it completely.

Update: 2.5/5! I finished 2 of my 5, and threw out another one because it dried up.

My 5 are:

1. Naked Basics - still working. Making progress on Foxy and Venus (both have hit major pan but still lots left), less so on Faint and Crave (which have not hit pan yet at all).

2. MUFE old formula shadow single in 156 flesh - DONE! I got all but the very dregs around the edges, and threw this out with my empties last month. SO satisfying!

3. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation - I didn't manage to finish this before it dried out 😞 But, it is gone now, so half a point?

4. Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Champagne version - not much progress at all 😞

5. Laura Mercier Radiance primer - Done! Moved on to the Emite Diamond primer from Glossybox that I've been using recently.

This is awesome progress.  Okay, you all are inspiring me.  I'm going to add mine.  🙂

I used my tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance for YEARS. Granted, I didn't start using eyeshadow primer daily until maybe 2 years ago, but I only recently replaced it. I now have both the Shadow Insurance and Glitter Glue, along with sample tubes of LORAC eye shadow primer. I expect to have enough shadow primer to last me another few years.

I know.  This type of product it takes me FOREVER to go through.

I feel like I'm a little late to this thread, but I would still love to join!

IMG_3931 copy.jpg

1. Naked 2 Eyeshadow in my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - I've just barely hit pan on this, but I want to completely use it up

2. Benefit Professional Deluxe Sample - this sample is unused, but it's been sitting in my drawer forever...

3. Benefit Dandelion Blush Deluxe Sample - I've only used this blush a few times, but I want to move it out because I promised myself that I'd use up a blush before I bought a new one

4. Covergirl Smoochies Lip Balm in #luv u - this has been hanging around for too long, and I really just want to get rid of it but I don't want to throw it out when it's so full

5. Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Deluxe Sample in Perfect Black - I have so many black eyeliners that I want to work through some of the ones that I have

I'm hoping that this won't take me too long, but I'll post updates every month until everything is all gone. I've marked most of them so I can see the progress as I go. Happy project panning!!!

I'm working on that same shade in my basics palette, but worried when it runs out as it's the perfect tradition shade. If you think or know of any dupes, let me know 🙂 @glossyguru

I had the same thing @Haleyhale. UD Naked is similar, but noticeably warmer. Too Faced Nudie, from the Natural Mattes palette, is very similar as well. I have yet to find a really close dupe that comes as a single.

Nudie does look similar, and I like that it's a bigger pan, but do I really need another mattes palette..hmm @JazaChai

@Haleyhale I just looked through Temptalia's dupes, and apparently ABH Stone is pretty similar. If so, that would be great, as it's only $12. I may pick that up from someplace during Black Friday sales and try it out.

Oh, it is pretty, definitely going to try it out, thanks, @JazaChai come on Black Friday dealsss

I am sure you will do great @glossyguru

69 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • IMG_1688.JPG
  • IMG_1688.jpg
  • IMG_20160420_075526.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg