Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Products you regret buying in 2012?

I really enjoy watching youtube videos on products and today I watched a few about products that people regretted having purchased. I also just went through my products for the 3rd time in the last month and tossed/gave away to pare down. I thought I would start a thread where people could talk about which products they regret having purchased and why.

Here are mine :

Clarisonic Plus - short lived thrills. Did nothing for my face despite trying different cleansers, brush heads etc. By far the biggest and most expensive product let down I've ever had.

Edward Bess Monte Carlo quad royale - beautiful in the pan but the sparkle and shimmer was over the top when applied to my face and looked very obvious.

Becca eye tints - great products. Long lasting and natural looking. The problem? I'm just too used to applying powder eyeshadows and getting to use my brushes so these kind of sat around for awhile before I gave them away

Pantone Tangerine Tango lipgloss set - I got caught up in the "color of the year!" moment but only one of the four looked flattering. The whole boxed set got thrown out because I couldn't convince anyone else to wear hunter orange lipglosss. I don't know what I was thinking Smiley Tongue

Hourglass femme rouge lipstick - too heavy to feel comfortable and for the price point I just didn't enjoy wearing

Smiths Rosebud salve - Was it pink, rose scented vaseline? I have my suspicions.  Guess I'll never know.

All in all I had very little regrets compared to product purchases I loved and use regularly. How you about you ladies/gentlemen?

Re: Products you regret buying in 2012?

Hello! Reading everyone's posts on this topic has made me feel a little bit less guilty about all of the money I've wasted over the years on disappointing products! In 2012 my two biggest disappointments were IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Undereye concealer. Although I'm absolutely crazy about a number of their other products (eyebrow pencil, brightener/highlighter powder, blushes, bronzer, and especially the fabulous cosmetic brushes!), this was a super-thick, goopy, and almost plasticky product reminiscent of Silly Putty. It went on thickly, and no amount of careful application (concealer brush, Beauty Blender) helped. To make matters worse, it quickly settled into my pores and creased, plus, the slightly orangey shade clashed violently with my very light olive complexion. Uggh.

I was also disappointed by Josie Maran's "one-color-fits-all" foundation, which is white in the bottle and supposedly turns into each individual wearer's "perfect shade." It turned orange on my face and seemed rather grainy, to boot. I practically ran screaming back to my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation! 

Highlighted

I love IT brushes!!! My favorite is the huge oversize powder brush- could not live without it!!

I hated the mabalinee One by One maskara.the product it self worked good, but the stopper that squeezes off the extra maskara would pop off and get it all over!!

Physician's Formula Mood Boosting Bronzer. Super stupid concept.. they are individual hearts that you have to rub the crap out of with your brush to get any color pay off. I thought they just had a heart design and thought they were cute... blah. I can't find the receipt to take it back. I have only purchased a few things from this brand and I was disappointed each time. 

LOL. I also regretted buying that! I actually do get color payoff, but it fades within the hour and is a tad too yellow for me. I brought into the cute packaging. oh well.

YES! The packaging got me too. Plus CVS was having a buy one get one sale... they got me. Wah. 

I was disappointed by Too Faced's Summer Eye pallette. I adore their shadows, but this pallette only had one look that I would wear (the middle one) so I ended up returning it. The teal was just too dark, and the pink was too 80s!

The main reason I shop at Sephora, though, is because I can return anything within 90 days!

What is that orange color called? Very pretty... did you like it?

The one product I was dissapointed in the Burburry Body perfume I loved all the samples i got of this perfume and I guess im ny quick love affair with the scent I never actually put it on my wrist or body before I bought it. I recieved it for Christmas last yr and the scent reacts with my body and leaves a lingering smell of stale smoke. Used it once and tried for over a yr to pawn it off on anyone that would take it finally threw it away just couldnt work with the scent unfortunatelySmiley Sad and no one else i knew liked the scent guess it was just me that fell in love with it. My mom wouldnt even take it.

My regret last year was La mer cream... yes it was moisturizing but that was it... my skin was not better or worse. For an expensive cream, I was expecting my skin to have a noticeable difference... any difference but...None! Ovepriced and overrated! For similar price Rodin face oil or Sk II is a much much better choice. 

Also I regret buying philosophy amazing grace perfume...it lasts about half an hour... I thought maybe its just me so I

tried it with my mom too...same result! 

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • swfupload_3656026264059554398.jpg
  • swfupload_5303106234427490829.jpg
  • swfupload_2666500202582875011.jpg