Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Primer & Foundation for Deep Forehead Wrinkles

I have deep wrinkles on my forehead and I can’t seem to get my primer and foundation right so that the foundation doesn’t settle in the wrinkles. Should I stop using liquid foundation? Or should I be using a certain type of brush or applicator to apply it?

RE: Primer & Foundation for Deep Forehead Wrinkles

@SurvivorMaggie, I’m 32 and have a good forehead wrinkle going and what I have found works best for me is to apply as little foundation as possible to that area. It’s deep enough that it’s not going to be “filled” or completely smoothed, but by using less product, nothing settles into it emphasizing it. I find that using a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid does a nice job of hydrating and plumping without leaving me greasy, for primer I’m a fan of the Tatcha Silk Canvas (smooths a little), and then when I apply liquid foundation with a brush or sponge, I just use whatever is leftover on the tool from doing the rest of my face and smudge it on my forehead. I hope that helps!

Re: Primer & Foundation for Deep Forehead Wrinkles

@SurvivorMaggieI'd maybe look at your primer and some sort of sponge applicator. I really think MILK MAKEUP - Blur Stick is the best primer for filling indentations. however, I'm in my upper 20's and I've been  using it to smooth out bumps and fill pores so take this with a grain of salt. Murad Invisiblur™ Perfecting Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++ 1 oz/ 30 mL is also a great option and both have minis available if you don't want to commit to the whole thing right away.

As for the sponge, i just have a hunch it might be better to lightly pat your makeup on vertically rather than swiping it around with a brush where it has more chance to collect along textured areas like lines. SEPHORA COLLECTION - Coffee Break Sponge Set looks to be a pretty good one, but these days any target or walmart has a decent set

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing