Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Welcome to the Pan It Challenge, 2022 Edition!!

I'm claiming a 2022 that's greater than our wildest imaginations, also for my longtimers this will be our FIFTH YEAR doing this challenge. Thanks to all who've stuck around and everyone who's tested themselves and jumped into the madness. You all are amazing 😘

ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Pan it update!! I'm proud of the progress 😊

20220903_211341-COLLAGE.jpg

20220903_211211-COLLAGE.jpg

20220903_211440-COLLAGE.jpg

IMG_20220903_205832849~2.jpg

20220903_211532-COLLAGE.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-213221.png

 i did hit pan on the first shade, now I'm going to switch out this palette because I do still like it so much!! 

IMG_20220903_210127554.jpg

IMG_20220903_210115899.jpg

 there are similar shades in this violet voss palette, and I want to see if the formula is worth keeping around

20220903_211604-COLLAGE~2.jpg

 switching up the lippies, the first two glosses I did end up pitching out, I didn't like them, and the fresh lippie I completely used up

@lmaster You are doing amazing! Great progress!

Thank you so much!! @BluePaisley 

@lmaster Wow!! Great progress!!

Thank you sweets!! @Samtian ❤️

@lmaster, that’s great progress! You should absolutely be proud! 👊🏼 🙌🏼 

@itsfi thank you!! I didn't realize how much I actually have used

Wow, great progress @lmaster -- extra nice when panning proves it's time to let something go... and don't forget, you can get some of the Modern Renaissance shades as singles from ABH. At least currently.

Thank you so so much darlin!! @heavyhedon 

Whaaaaa...?! 

20220905_100510.jpg

This is the MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer®  that I was gifted by @TeamBIC earlier this summer.  It made it into my Favorites last month; I guess this is how I know it's REALLY a favorite 😳

@CookieGirl1 That’s awesome! Great job!! 🙂

This is awesome @CookieGirl1. 🤩

@itsfi I was low-key a little shocked!  It's definitely a fav for me.

Looks like love, @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1 wow you pan bronzers so quickly!!

@lmaster @heavyhedon it was definitely unexpected.  I mean, I knew I liked it but...

August Summary: It was a slow month for panning. I hit "pause" for a couple of weeks on several panning efforts this month  and spent more time focused on transitioning my skincare to the cooler weather that is to come. That said, progress has been made on every product though some very incremental and nothing very noticeable except for ND Biba.
8.31.2022 Update - ND.jpg

My 2022 goals for this palette were to full pan Tusk and 2 of the shimmery shades and hit pan on a new shade. Full pan on Tusk by year-end looks to be in full swing and a very real possibility. Full pan on 2 shimmery shades, on the other hand, isn’t going to happen at my current clip. I’ll still aim to do so, but 3/4 pan on Monroe and 1/2 pan on Shine are looking more realistic. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I think hitting pan on Seed may be possible by year-end, and without having to make it the only shadow I use other than Tusk and Monroe or Shine.

Even pausing, you're getting it done, @itsfi 

Thank you @heavyhedon! You are always so encouraging! 🥰

Finally finding a time to update midway (okay 2/3s way) progress.

I've finished 6 of the items on my pan list, and only have one (Belif toner) that I haven't broken into at all. I have 4 FS products I'm making really good headway on, both Glow Recipe products I hope to finish by the end of the month.

6 down, 16 to go!6 down, 16 to go!Really hoping to get through the Glow Recipe by the end of this month!Really hoping to get through the Glow Recipe by the end of this month!

I've been keeping track of the weight of some of the items that have opaque packaging to see how I'm progressing. Need to focus more on the candle, scalp treatment and curl cream! Tracking under spoiler:

Spoiler
LP Dry Scalp Treatment 122g | 120g
LP Curl Cream 261 g | --
LP Shampoo 168g | 123g
LP Conditioner 157g | 109g
Candle 618g | --
Differin 49g | 48g
Boscia Sake Treatment Water 84g | 72g
Belif Toner 239g | --
Flowerbomb 21g | --
Nest Indigo 20g | --
Urban Decay Palette 283g | 282g 🤣
Too Faced Palette 181g | 181g

I don't think the palettes look different at all, but here are comparisons

PXL_20220120_065858574.jpgPXL_20220817_210546832.jpg

No difference in anything!

PXL_20220120_065825988.jpgPXL_20220817_210528198.jpg

I'm seeing a small divot in pop and have been focusing on the 3 nude mattes in the middle of the palette, but man I'm just not wearing makeup often.

A note on the Belif toner because @itsfi asked when I originally posted. I used to love it, it was one of my all time favorite holy grails that I credit with helping get my acne under control in my late 20s/early 30s. I'd say I used it for about 6-8yrs straight. However, I haven't used it for the last year or so because I was trying different toners. Now that I hit 40, I'm a bit worried the tea tree might be too astringent for my skin. I was going to use it over the summer to keep my oil production in check, but my skin just isn't behaving like it used to. I plan to open it when I'm through the Glow Recipe toner, so we'll see!

@snoflakefaerie -- Steady going, 6 products, wow!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos343
  • ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg
  • A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg
  • E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg
  • EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg
  • BTE + UTNG
  • Dec Perfume Pan.jpg
  • Ulta Eyeliner Pan Project.jpg
  • B2E72D87-03E7-4091-ACB8-EE6B85CC58F9.jpeg
  • yearlong, base minis, CoC, palette