Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

Welcome to the Pan It Challenge, 2022 Edition!!

I'm claiming a 2022 that's greater than our wildest imaginations, also for my longtimers this will be our FIFTH YEAR doing this challenge. Thanks to all who've stuck around and everyone who's tested themselves and jumped into the madness. You all are amazing 😘

ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you aren’t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, I’m certain you’ll see some changes 😃
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades you’re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of others’ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Don’t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  It’s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be fun….if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you don’t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

Re: Pan It! - 2022 Challenge

@CookieGirl1 Wow.  That's amazing!  Those Hourglass blushes are huge.

@missjeanie It's been in my collection for a long time; I think it was honestly one of the first blushes that I ever purchased so it's gotten some use.

@CookieGirl1 Nice progress!!

@CookieGirl1 -- wow, that is not easy to do-- very impressive! 

@heavyhedon @Mellmars1185 Thanks!  Clearly it's been loved 💕

Woohoo!!! 🙌🏼 Nicely done @CookieGirl1! The Hourglass blushes seem to be bottomless, but there she is - pan!! Impressive. 😍

Ooh, I spy the TJ watermelon mist in the background of your photo - that stuff is great!♥️🍉

@itsfi I was so surprised to see pan!  I don't think I've panned a blush before.  And yes, the TJs mist is amazing!  Good thing i have backups, lol.

Bravo @CookieGirl1 👏 Bravo

🎄Colors of Christmas🎄 Update 3:

Meant to post this 2 days ago, but busy shoveling! We got most of our snow for the month all at once, here in BuffaloLand. After the street was plowed, I had a solid 3 ft high wall of snow from the car to the street to remove, with a regular hand shovel.

In any case, I have used the last 2 roll-ins, Bareminerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick in NaughtyJules Smith Power Gloss in Moonbeam Dream 3x each (actually snuck in a fourth on Jules Smith), as well as making goal of three uses of Sugar Cosmetics Liner in Deep GreenAvon Gimmersticks for Eyes in Gold Diamond-- the Avon one is still creamy and seems a good sub for the Urban Decay mini liner I used earlier in CoC, so I can safely toss that without regret. 

Ready to roll in some new items. but changing it up a little as to what categories. Instead of more eyeliner, I'm going to use Pearl Candy, a sparking white from the good old TF White Chip Mini palette, as much as I can till the end of this meta pan. 

Also adding in, for 3X each: Urban Decay Naked Skin Highlighting Fluid in Luminous, a shimmery white

Bite Beauty Lip Pencil in 058 Blanc, a creme white

Avon Glazewear Summer Sheers Lip Gloss in Sheer Envy, a sheer green with multi-sparkle 

Avon Fruity Lip Juice in Pineapple, a shimmery burnt gold

That's five new items instead of 4, with 3 lippies to give me some time between updates. I'm gonna use Sheer Envy an extra time, as I'm already at 2 uses (it's good protection against the wind outside, I found).

Spoiler
All the stuff! Pearl Candy is the small white shade.All the stuff! Pearl Candy is the small white shade.

So, green, white and gold added to CoC, and I'm getting close on that deep green mascara. See you soon, thanks for reading!

You’ve been making so much progress on that TF palette @heavyhedon. Looking forward to seeing you hit pan on the Pearl Candy shade. It’s a matter of when, not if. You got this!!! 👊🏼 

Thanks @itsfi , I would love to hit pan.

@heavyhedon amazing work!!

@lmaster --haha, practically all I'm doing with my face lately is lashes, brows, and lips! Hoping to get back on the full face wagon.

I pan one more mini lip gloss. 6 more lip products to work on 😘

6BC23AD7-727B-4BF2-BC6C-5BEC366A1F94.jpeg2082D013-76E5-4E74-832C-559163CF3049.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 Way to go. I love that color.

@blackkitty2014 Wooo great job!! 

Thx you @Samtian 🌹

Great job!! @blackkitty2014 

Thx you @lmaster 🌹

@blackkitty2014 Great work! You've inspired me to add a lipstick to my project pan 

Thx you @QueenMarceline . If I can do it, you can too 😘

Conversation Stats
Photos343
  • ElleElleG_0-1641013614552.jpeg
  • A15495AA-E953-4061-8926-557AE53A9B64.jpeg
  • E3930FCF-77AC-42DD-B512-0B1531126F01.jpeg
  • EFD870EE-BD61-47EF-B867-BEA9B67D32DD.jpeg
  • BTE + UTNG
  • Dec Perfume Pan.jpg
  • Ulta Eyeliner Pan Project.jpg
  • B2E72D87-03E7-4091-ACB8-EE6B85CC58F9.jpeg