cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Awww, thank you @Samtian๐Ÿค— You're always so encouraging! 

@itsfi I try! it's always so fun seeing the work everyone has done.

Agree @Samtian! It's so motivating to see everyone's progress.

@itsfi Iโ€™m amazed how you pan eyeshadow. Itโ€™s the hardest thing for me ๐Ÿ˜˜ Good job!

@blackkitty2014, all the eyeshadow pans are from last year. ND Biba was the only eyeshadow I used last year. I reached for it for maybe all but 60 days last year - the routine of using it on a near daily basis helped with panning and with giving me something steady and consistent to do. ๐Ÿ˜Š Going to try to get back to a routine with it but will add other shadows, including the Tarte, this year, going forward. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

Thatโ€™s good idea. I will need to choose one and put some add-on liked glitters or something @itsfi 

@blackkitty2014, sparkles are a must!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I gravitate a lot to the sparkly shades in the ND Biba. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi -- That's steady usage showing there. Love those palettes! 

Tarte blushes may be the hardest panning product ever, I know well. Psyched to see those lines disappear... I've have to move in one of my Tarte blushes sooner or later too. 

@heavyhedon, thank you! Hitting pan for the first time on the ND last year felt good - it was a nice reminder of the value of steady, consistent use. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thank you for sharing that about the Tarte blush; it has been a challenging one but progress is happening! 

Iโ€™ve decided to work on getting some skincare moved out.  Iโ€™ve marked the level on the items I donโ€™t believe Iโ€™ll get through by the end of April so I can see my progress.  Just a one month challenge cause any longer than that and I start hating everything:) Thรฉ volition cream is new and full but I love the scent and am optimistic  itโ€™ll get used up cause i tend to bring it down my neck and shoulders.  

5F836AF4-E927-4069-9197-B1EF5240CA04.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Skincare is always fun to pan @heartsmyface 

Yaaaay! So good to see you on here @heartsmyface! One month challenges are good - keeps you focused! Lots of good skincare here! ๐Ÿ˜

@heartsmyface -- Oooh, lots of fun stuff! I personally love the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber mask, it's lovely when skin is stressed, and nice anytime. 

Here's my seasonal refresh for Early Spring! But first, updates for March. Below are the starting points just after beginning:  

Feb status, Peek cream blushFeb status, Peek cream blushFeb status Besame GlossFeb status Besame GlossFeb status, bareminerals stick found.Feb status, bareminerals stick found.Feb status, Dirty Little Secrets BlushFeb status, Dirty Little Secrets Blush

Buxom SamanthaBuxom Samantha

Now, we're here:

Progress!Progress!Less than half of Samantha leftLess than half of Samantha leftKitty Pink blushKitty Pink blushBareminerals stickBareminerals sticksome difference, I thinksome difference, I thinkTF White ChipTF White Chip

Not bad so far. I've about doubled the pan on the mini cream blush, increased on the powder blush, gotten farther on the white Chip palette-- may even hit pan on a shade there soon-- and have used up lots of gloss. The BareMinerals Gel stick in Opal, I've been using as a concealer some days, as well as all over my face a couple times. Now I'm digging out the last bit, It lasted longer than expected, and was well worth the points spent, IMO. My original post is here, for reference: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2021-Challenge/td-p/5703401/highlight/fa...

Also finished up the two brown mascaras from Maybelline and ELFxJKissa, and the KVD liner in Mad Max:

Maybelline Temptations, ELFxJKissaMaybelline Temptations, ELFxJKissa

If you saw it you'll know I was also panning NYX Butter Lipstick in Berry, the 3 Bareminerals Mod Pop lipsticks, a Pixi palette of blush/highlight/eyeshadows, and a few other things. Some of those I'm changing out now. 

The Pixi kit shows no appreciable difference though I've used almost every shade now; I'm keeping it in. Sadly 2 of the Mod Pop lippies went waxy on the outside, and the other is not far behind. I'm going to cut off the outer part and enjoy the core if possible, so I must regretfully pull them out of the project, as progress will be skewed. I did get to wear them a few more times each and will be keeping the lipstick holders to transfer other lipsticks with less wonderful packaging. 

The Nyx lippy is being phased out till Fall, I don't wear that kind of color much in Spring/Summer. 

Very happy to have used so much Buxom gloss, I'm phasing that out and putting in Nude Beach gloss from Dirty Little Secrets:

Nude beach, smells like cupcakesNude beach, smells like cupcakes

Obviously this is a gimme, but I want to use every last drop! I'll be continuing with Besame Tangerine gloss, too, but it may be unusable soon-- getting thick, lost its scent and flavor, taking five dips to cover (used to be one), feeling more waxy after a few hours. Don't think I'll be able to use it up before it dies, but at least I did use it a lot this month. 

Also pulling out the Too Faced Peach My Cheeks blush in Peach Dream after another use or two. In its place, adding a mini from Too Faced in Love Hangover, hoping to hit pan by July:

TooFaced love hangoverTooFaced love hangoverMight hit side pan first!Might hit side pan first!

So, 4 lipsticks, a gloss & a blush out; 1 gloss and one blush in; 2 mascaras, an eyeliner & a mini foundation stick finished.

I think that's all; everything else that was in the project is still in, I may swap one/two more items out in a month. Here's a couple quick pics using my panning items: first Mod Pop lippy in Express Yourself with Besame tangerine gloss over it (and no other makeup ๐Ÿ˜œ, second one a full face of panning items!

panning and icy betch 001.JPGclean beauty panning 001.JPG

Fabulous progress, @heavyhedon!! I like the concept of rotating products in and out if you know you don't use much in a season. I feel like it prevents disappointment from not using during a month. 

@haleyvvvv Yes, and I really switch up my products a lot seasonally, everything from skincare to base to lippies.

Woohoo!!! ๐Ÿ˜ Great work @heavyhedon! It must feel so good to get through so many things! I'm so impressed with your finishing 2 mascaras!! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi LOL, thanks-- I had to really layer the Maybelline one to get any volume. 

@heavyhedon Great work! I definitely see more progress on the Peek!

@Samtian Thanks! The Peek is kinda easy to use a lot of, it's such a light color, but also buildable. I can wear it everyday. 

@heavyhedon I loved reading about each of your panning items - the Hangover blush looks gorgeous btw. Itโ€™s incredible that you went through majority of the Buxom Samantha lippie in a month! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป I look forward to your next update!

882 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg