cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@heavyhedon Thank you! Iโ€™m so proud of my progress by sticking to products you can actually finish them! I loved this project and all the support on this thread.

@BluePaisley, I'm looking at your "before" and "after" photos and I'm just blown away! ๐Ÿ˜ It's incredible how much product you've used up! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜ I see pan and more pan (yes!!!) and whoa! Look at that Ilia powder - you are well on your way to finishing up that jar! That's impressive how much you've used the Hourglass - you'll hit pan on that one, I have confidence in you!

@itsfi Thanks! I do think I will eventually roll my ilia powder and hourglass blush back into projects but love them both and donโ€™t think Iโ€™m ready to finish them yet! So glad one of my fav blushes got so much use this year!

Overall on my giant project I didn't do to bad. Still have a lot of work to do. Since my last update I didn't make any noticeable progress on my eye shadows or eye liner. I did make better progress on my mist after tossing the other one I had been working on. On my eye shadow palette project I have done 25 palettes this year. 

Spoiler

Pan Project 2021- 114/781

Large Mists- /15

Mists- 1/7

Perfumes- 1/8

Mini Samplers 1- 17/198

Lip Balms- 3/75

Lotions- 6/73

Cleansers- 22/44

Toners/Exfoliators- 2/25

Serum/Oil/Essence- 7/46

Eyes- 8/15

Moisturizers- 14/76

Night Stuff- 2/24

Hair- 10/35

Shower Gels/Bath Stuff/Etc.- 16/37

Lip Stuff- 1/12

Masks- 4/62

Dec Perfume Pan.jpg

Wow, great usage, @Samtian!! Nicely done!! 

@haleyvvvv Thank you so much!!!

@Samtian -- and I love seeing you cycle through all of your palettes. Shows me it can be done!

@heavyhedon Thank you! I'm happy with the progress I've made!

Still a job well done @Samtian !!!

@ElleElleG Thank you!! For me any progress is good progress!

Absolutely @Samtian ! A win is a win no matter how much we try to qualify it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ohhhh @Samtian! You did great with your panning this year. I remember seeing your project pan early this year - that's a lot of dedication on your part to accomplish what you did! 114 panned products is an extraordinary feat and you chose some items that take a lot of time to hit pan. 14 moisturizers? 16 shower gels/bath products? 22 cleansers? Whoa! Simply amazing!! You worked hard this year Samtian!!! It's been great fun and inspiring to hear about you checking off these items and more one by one throughout the year! I appreciate very much your support and encouragement along the way as well and am looking forward to what 2022 brings this fabulous crew of panners! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi Thank you!! I love seeing everyone's progress it makes me happy!

Pan It! 2021 and ๐ŸFall 4 Lipstick๐Ÿ’„ FINALE!

My panning year started a month late, in Feb., with 19 products, none new or unused; some had usage goals, some I meant to use up completely. Some goals changed, many were met. I'd intended a rolling pan, and added in some mini seasonal pans too. It was fun, and showed me I like the theme & structure of seasonal pans, so I'll be doing more in future. Here's the original line-up: 

Spoiler
panning 1 feb 25 006.JPG

In 2021, I finished off a mini foundation stick from Bareminerals, a Burberry fluid luminizer base, a Ciate lip oil, a Clinique Lip Chubby, a Dirty Little Secrets lipgloss, A Lancome Shine Lover,  KVD Tattoo Liner, two mascaras (one ELF, one Maybelline), 9 products!

I hit usage goals on 9 products in my Five by Fall pan, and used 10 lip products 4 times in my Fall for Lipstick pan, the last use right on Dec. 21, so cutting it close. I'd chosen a bevy of reds for the last roll-in, and found that two of them worked great as a combo, so good lesson for me there.

I hit pan on 2 blushes, repressed one when it shattered and hit pan again. Here it was then: Baby pan after repressingBaby pan after repressing

And now:
panning & tree decorated 004.JPG

Not much left, it may even be gone before the year is up, but if not, I'm still happy with getting this close to done. I also doubled the pan on a cream blush and an eyeshadow single, as hoped for. 

With a highlighter sample from UD in Sin & a blush from a mixed Pixi face & eye palette, I did not hit my all goals, though I did use every eyeshadow, blush and highlighter in the palette. They will all stay in my stash awhile longer.

My biggest piece of hubris was thinking I could finish off Too Faced White Chocolate Chip mini in a year. Ha! Finally I started trying to hit pan in just a single shade, then in two at a time. Since the last update in November, I hit pan in two mentioned there and went for broke in two more. Here's the palette in February: Feb.: used, but no panFeb.: used, but no pan

And here we are NOW: finale pan 002.JPGfinale pan 001.JPG

So satisfying! Really went on a journey with this palette, and have been using it alone everyday for 2 weeks, including using some of the shades as blush or highlighter. It was my fave palette ever at the start of the year. I enjoyed it, fell out of love with it, fell back into heavy like at the end. I love the black here as cake liner, the taupe for my brows, and the soft warmer tan shades for blending out any other eyecolor. It's not my fave anymore but if I had to take one palette on a desert island, this would probably be it. 10/10 would buy again if it were still available freshly pressed.

I'll be keeping this till it dies, and using it for my brows and such; it's still very easy to blend but the pigment, gentle to begin with, is fading a bit except for that awesome black. I bought it in 2017(?), and it still smells, and tastes, like sweet chocolate.

That is my tale of the year's panning, friends. See you in 2022!

BRAVA @heavyhedon love the variety of items you selected and I'm glad to hear you established some methods that work great for you!

@ElleElleG -- thanks, and thanks for the great tips in your Spoilers right in the descr. of the project. 

@heavyhedon Great update and loved seeing all the products you started with. Getting so excited for starting fresh with 2022 project too! Thanks to you Iโ€™ve also been giving my too faced choc palette more love!

@BluePaisley -- aw thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying your palette again. It's such an easy to use little wonder!

Holy smokes, @heavyhedon!! What an epic panning journey this year!! I'm in awe of anyone doing a rolling pan (I see the utility, I got super tired of some of my lippies, but also it is SO much to keep track of). And the progress on that Too Faced palette is amazing!! Good on you and anyone else doing an eyeshadow pan. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰

@haleyvvvv Thank you, and you're right-- it's a lot to keep track of, I lost some of my info that I was silly enough not to file away right when something was rolled in/out. I hope I've learned my lesson to document everything immediately.  

@heavyhedon Woo!! It's been so great watching all your progress and ideas! I love seeing all that pan congrats! Can't wait for next year!

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg