cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Whatever absorbs easiest, @itsfi -- while I enjoy the thick vaseline-weight hand creams for night, for day I can't hack that; I do love every tube of Cake's Delectable line of  body/hand butters, they're pretty thick but melt in fast anyway, and they smell like prime baked goods. Right now i'm carrying around a tube of B&BW Watermelon Lemonade body cream to use on my hands, and it's nice, though the scent is seasonally inappropriate. 

@heavyhedon, mmm.... the scent of baked goods - yum!!! I think I have a tub of the Cake's body butter, from an Ulta gwp set. Maybe it's just me but my take is that if you love the scent of B&BW Watermelon Lemonade (and what is not to love - it smells so good!) and it performs well for you, then it's appropriate whatever season you wear it!  ๐Ÿ’–

Oh wow @itsfi, that's an amazing job you did with all the products but especially Biba. I have that palette and I can't even imagine hitting pan on one shade yet you did it on several. Did you use daily for 2 yrs?

Thank you @AznAngelLiz๐Ÿ˜ Yes, it took 2 years to get here, with Biba being either the only palette I reached for or the one I used primarily.

2020 was the first year I tried panning and I used the ND Biba almost every day for the entire year. The first month was great - no pan, of course, but it felt like I had this experiment going on and having something new to do was exciting. That waned a bit which was to be expected and then once lockdown took place through the end of that year, it was really helpful for me to have Biba as part of my pan project. I like reaching for a variety of eyeshadows, but at that time, having this palette to reach for and just this one was a really good thing for me - a little bit of certainty in some exceedingly uncertain times that year. But for the combination of those things, I am sure I wouldn't have hit pan on that palette.

This year, Biba was the primary palette I reached for but I had specific shades I tried to pan and I incorporated other eyeshadows into my routine. ND Glam is probably my favorite palette but I plan on keeping with Biba for panning purposes in 2022, but my plan is to have more shadows and palette in rotation, It'll mean I pan less on Biba and I'll adjust my panning goals to reflect that.

You have very beautiful palettes in your collection and they look amazing on you! ๐Ÿ˜ You don't have to pick one palette; you could work on multiple palettes or pick a shade from one palette and another shade from a different palette, etc. 

@itsfi 

Thanks for showing your progress with your pallette. I am not a big eyeshadow person (partially because i am not the greatest at applying it) but i have many palettes. I think they may last me a lifetime!

@Mellmars1185 Sounds like I am in good company! I have way more than I need, I also am atrocious at applying it. I have some palettes over 10 years old. They take forever. I've only ever panned a few quads years ago. 

@Samtian  It is good to know i am not alone!

@Mellmars1185, I completely understand having many palettes. They're just so pretty! Hard to resist them. After the first year of project pan, I realized how much time it takes to get through a palette. I still pick up eyeshadow palettes ๐Ÿ˜‰ but not as frequently and I'm a little more thoughtful of it when I do. @ElleElleG is masterful at panning and reading and seeing her panning is motivating. It's pan galore! And multiple palettes too! Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ† - Page 6 - Beauty Insider Community (sephora.com)

@itsfi I really don't think when i purchased them i knew how long it would take to get through them. I was inspired to purchase them based on the looks other people were creating. It can be overwhelming to find the creativity to use them. This is giving me inspiration to try!

I'm ready to join this challenge for 2022. Please tag me if anyone starts a new thread. Can't wait to start using up some of the items in my current stash. 

Seeing everyone's pictures give me hope I can do it too LOL

@AznAngelLiz @ElleElleG -- yes, when the new thread starts, I'm in, I have my items picked and ready to go!

Thanks for the tag @heavyhedon , new thread will be up today!

Yaaaay! ๐Ÿ˜ So happy that you'll join us @AznAngelLiz! The more the merrier! Excited to see what items will be in your project pan!

Project pan finale 2021!

The beginning of my project progress on this thread was at the start of July photo below of items I was working on :

034E165A-96D1-4333-9E61-996920A10769.jpeg

7C99D204-765C-464E-8EFD-5F4E547D4CEC.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I loved my fist year of panning and made great progress !

Goals met

I started with my Dior concealer almost full and now itโ€™s well more than half way gone, my original goal. 
I hit pan on my Bobby brown corrector. This took me about 6 months to do since I started this project in early March.

I was able to expand the pan in my ABH brow powder.

I got well over half way usage on my ilia powder.

I also was able to hit pan on my elf putty primer

didnโ€™t meet goals:

My Charlotte Tilbury wand got a ton of use and love this product but I didnโ€™t finish it and donโ€™t see that happening any time soon.

my hourglass blush was used over 100 times but I didnโ€™t hit pan this year.

Use up Nudestix foundation

10 uses monthly on jouer concealer 

finish Nars laguna bronzer mini

final photos below

11E2F084-1C71-475F-991C-165E403FCD26.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Amazing progress, @BluePaisley!! I can't believe the usage on the Hourglass, blush lasts SO long. 

@haleyvvvv Thank you! Yes it does! I may roll it into a project in the future but feel it got plenty of attention and ready to use some other blushes more in 22!

Awesome job @BluePaisley !

@ElleElleG Thank you!!

@BluePaisley Wow great progress!! I don't have any of the Hourglass but they seem like they'll last for forever! 

@Samtian I think youโ€™re right! Thank you!

Woohoo for 100 uses on the Hourglass! It's so pretty, @BluePaisley , and the goals you met were steep ones. Great work! 

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg
  • Lotions 3.jpg
  • Lotions 1.jpg
  • Lotions 5.jpg
  • Lotions 6.jpg