cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

Welcome to the 2021 Pan It Challenge !!

HUGE round of applause for the 2020 Panners ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ Despite an incredibly hectic year I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of you who spent even a second thinking about your projects.  It was a huge inspiration for me and I'm sure others as well.  Cannot wait to see your new projects and whatever this year has in store for us!

The "Rules"

To accommodate a variety of interests, you all are encouraged to pick items to pan that are most suitable to your collections.  For some, this might mean focusing on a particular type of product (like lipstick) and for others this may include a larger variety spanning your entire makeup or skincare routine.

Getting Started (please share the following)

• Which item(s) you would like to work on
  • How long you will work on said item
  • Goal: explore a new item, revisit an old item, decide whether to keep pass or trash, and/or completely finish item, etc.
  • Starting photo of item

Please Use This Thread To...

• share what item(s) you are working on,
  • provide comparative progress photos of your item(s) monthly (at the beginning of the month when possible),
  • ask questions,
  • encourage others,
  • motivate others with the looks you create with your item(s)

Tips and Tricks to Panning/Getting Some Use Out of Your Stash:

Spoiler
  • Take photos!!  When you think you arenโ€™t making a dent in anything look back at those photos, Iโ€™m certain youโ€™ll see some changes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • If you goal is to hit pan or use something up entirely, try concentrating your brush/applicator in the same area each time you use it
  • Multitask your products: eyeshadows as highlighter, lipstick as blush, eyeshadow as brow powder, etc. 
  • Layer eyeshadow to create different colors (this is especially helpful to get use out of shades youโ€™re not fond of).
  • Have shadows with a ton of fall out?  Use water
  • Watching the progress of othersโ€™ can be fun but try not compare your progress to theirs.  We all use our makeup differently and have different goals.
  • Donโ€™t restrict yourself to only using the item(s) you are working on.  Itโ€™s more than OK to incorporate other items or take a break!
  • Makeup should be funโ€ฆ.if you begin to dread doing your makeup because you made a commitment to use a product that you now hate, TOSS IT!  Do not force yourself to use up something you donโ€™t like.  Move on to something else!  (This includes excluding particular shades from your goals if focusing on palettes, etc.)

Ideas to Help You Pan Those Items:

Spoiler
  • Roll the dice: number your items and use a random number generator to pick what you will use each (day/week/month/etc.) 
  • Layer/Mask: items you are less fond of under things you like
  • Pan a Look: at the beginning of the week pick a look that you can wear everyday
  • Recreate: a look worn by a fellow BICer, celebrity, etc.
  • Spice up an "everyday" look by adding subtle pops of color (in the crease or on the lower lash line, mix lip products to make shades wearable, etc.)

Past Panning Challenges:

Spoiler

.... and for good measure, 

ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg

Re: Pan It! - 2021 Challenge ๐Ÿ†

@Samtian -- Thanks! I found that once these TF shades hit a little pan, they expand pretty steadily. 

@heavyhedon That's awesome!

@heavyhedon, spectacular work on all your project pans!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ’—

An excellent tale of your panning for the year! I really enjoyed reading this 2021 finale update, especially your panning adventures with the Too Faced Mini White Chocolate Chip palette (which, amazing work! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.) - it made me nostalgic and brought to mind my own experiences with panning the ND Biba palette. It has been such a blast seeing your progress, panning with you, and being encouraged and inspired by you. Looking forward to hearing about your 2022 panning goals!

@itsfi -- thank you, Lady-of-the-Deep-Pan! It has been so much fun for me too, and so good for me to pan here and see what & how everyone uses and loves their stash. I'm thinking about next year's goals, and on fire for your finale!

Too excited to wait until my final quarterly update at the end of the month...

IMG_20211122_092602_266.jpg

A little before the end of November, I hit pan on my Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 07 Drama Cla$$!! Another panning goal met!! 

Gah, I can't blame you for not waiting. Hitting pan on a product is so rewarding. Great work @haleyvvvv 

Thank you, @ElleElleG!! It's SO rewarding!!

@haleyvvvv YESSSSS!!!!!!

Thank you, @Samtian!! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

@haleyvvvv Yay!! Great job, your hard work paid off. Canโ€™t wait to see the EOY update!

Thank you, @BluePaisley!! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Oh my goodness this picture makes me happy @haleyvvvv ๐Ÿ‘

Same!! Thank you, @blackkitty2014!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@haleyvvvv -- woohoo for hitting pan on a cream blush-- that's so hard to do! A long long time ago, I had a powder blush in a similar shade, and even though it was my daily favorite and must have for bar-hopping & I used it as a shadow too, it took years to hit pan on. 

Thank you, @heavyhedon!! ๐Ÿ˜Š  

That's the "problem" with pigmented blushes, they last SO long, because you need so little, especially on us fairer skin folks. 

@haleyvvvv , yay for hitting another panning goal! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you, @itsfi!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™m soooo behind with my pan it/empties. Here are my makeup pan-it

63AF99C2-C7CC-4B5B-B0A5-3B6791D4F2E3.jpeg
I decide to end the TF bronzer progress. I have too many bronzers to pan instead of trying to use up every bit of this one. ๐Ÿ˜˜ I will try to take picture of what I want to pan next year ๐Ÿ˜˜

LOL I was constantly behind with adding my updates this year @blackkitty2014 . You did an amazing job panning face products takes some SERIOUS dedication and you did it repeatedly. Can't wait to see what you select for '22!

@blackkitty2014 Wow!!! Incredible work!

So amazing!

Conversation Stats
Photos276
  • ElleElleG_1-1609468536494.jpeg
  • Lip Masks.jpg
  • Lip Balms Start.jpg
  • Lip Balms 2 Start.jpg
  • Lotions 2.jpg
  • Lotions 4.jpg